1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon's Call Review Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    GameOgre.com and Dragon's Call have teamed up to find the best Dragon's Call Reviews. You can simply post what you think about Dragon's Call in this forum thread.

Winners:

1. Mercorx
    2. Exgalado
    3. anddqa

This contest will end on January 15th 2010.

The best 3 reviews will receive:

1st - 15 days VIP membership 200 Dragon Stone

2nd - 7 days VIP membership 100 Dragon Stone

3rd - 5 days VIP membership 50 Dragon Stone

[​IMG]

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This contest is now underway:).

3. Exgalado

Exgalado Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Review

Review of Dragon's Call .

As an avid MMORPG gamer of 11 years , i've been casually playing games and putting up mini reviews on my no-dead blog . After playing this game for 3 days and reaching lvl 31 , I shall now put in an honest review about dragon's call .

As a browser based game , Dragon's Call fairs very high on my gamer rating for it's content , gameplay and addictiveness . The generous freebies given is also extremely satisfying .

Gameplay : 9/10

The overall gameplay for this game runs on simple , automated battle system , meaning that ur fights is settled within a click . But every battle is written out either through blow by blow text , or animated battle scene . This appeals to both gamers who wanna see action , or just wants to read wat's going on .
    The equipments are versatile , with a mariad of different stats catering to different builds , making almost every character different in it's own aspect .
    Skill trees as well as stat distribution is also entirely reliant on a player decision , thus further boosting the value of character uniqueness .
    The game also strives hard on balancing the players , giving them only 150 action points a day , keeping it both addictive and yet discouraging players from staring at the same game for the entire day .

Content : 9.5/10

For a game still in close/open beta , the amount of content released is pretty awesome , with arena , instances and many other special options to flavor ur gameplay is really commendable .
    Arena allows u to challenge another player to a one to one duel , victory would mean rising up the ranks and earning honour points for exchanging valuable gems or AP , and getting a cool rank with the credits u earn .
    Instances allows u to go into a dungeon , where u hire either 2 other players or NPC merceneries to aid u in some tough dungeons , usually reaping high and rare rewards . In addition there are bosses in teh dungeon which drop even moar epic loots and occassionally "damaged" equips which can be exchanged for some pretty awesome gear for some instance points and gold .
    Unfortuantely , wat really disappoints me is the small party size , however , for a browser game , getting a party of 3 is still excusable ...

Graphics : 7/10

Commendable for a browser game , but as a player who has gone through many other forms of MMO , I can't help to feel a little disappointed with the lack of animation . Battles are just two characters doing the same action over and over and over again . After a couple of battles , u really can't help urself but to switch it back to text mode .
    Overall , the art however , was well done , NPC's features were well drawn and pretty pleasing to the eyes (Bishies alert !).

Overall : 8/10

The game was pretty idiot-proof for me . Understood most of it's systems within minutes .
    The game is highly addictive , with a vibrant community , and awesome random banter .
    However , the game still needs further improvement in terms of minor bugs , class balancing , as well as more awesomeness to keep the players interested .

Final notes about the game : The mall has just opened , there isn't much to look forward to inside , perhaps a Gem package might allure more people to buy gold . In addition , the devs should reward players who purchase Dragon's Gold in higher denominations , it will urge players to buy more .

IGN : Exgalado

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2010
  4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I will try my best at reviewing Dragon's Call.

Dragon's Call is a cool browser MMO with many cool touches.

1. You can face other players in duels in the Arena.
    2. Graphics are good for a browser game.
    3. Easy to start.
    4. Cool skill system.
    5. Good community

Overall score: 9

5. Mecorx

Mecorx Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I've been playing Dragon's Call for the past three weeks and am now a level 52 Assassin. I have got to say, I am totally hooked on this game; it is seriously one of the best browser-based games I've ever played! Despite having being a real sucker for beautiful CG graphics and fast-paced action for years, I've fallen in love with a browser game with flash animation and still images. Here's why:

Before beginning the game, you pick one of the game's; Mage, Assassin and Warrior, which are all well balanced. Each has its own style of fighting and excel in different areas. However, if distribute attribute and skill points correctly and have some good equipment, your character will be able to beat any other class of the same level when PKing in the wilderness or at the Arena (PvP based on level divisions within a range of ten levels).

The game uses a point and click system and the interface quite easy to understand. Even so, the main aspects of the game are quickly introduced to the player through their quick 5-minute tutorial. Just by completing this tutorial, you're rewarded with 300 Dragon Stones (a form of currency you use to buy beneficial premium upgrades with that you normally win from contests)! In addition, early quests also give you good starting equipment according to your level and class. All of the NPCs in this game have useful information in their dialogues and quests are also explained well so you don't have to worry about not being able to complete quests.

I quickly discovered that this game was suitable for everyone. Although I'm usually a pretty hardcore player, when I have school, I don't have much time to play. Every day, players are given 150AP (Action Points) at 8:00am EST and can hold a maximum of 200AP (the other 50AP can be purchased through the Arena or with Dragon Stones). How you would like to use your AP is entirely up to you. You can go and fight monsters on your own or utilize the game's automated actions to gain experience, loot and money without even being on the game!

As every action in the game can be completed with a few simple the clicks of a button, this is the perfect game for both busy people and more hardcore people. People who don't have a lot of time to play can just log off after setting up their characters to go fight monsters or work, while hardcore players will have fun clicking their way through battles, doing quests, trading, and PvPing. if you decide to use all of your AP manually, it only takes about three hours.

However, just because you run out of AP, it doesn't mean you have nothing to do anymore! You can go and get a job at the Job Center to earn experience and money; fight at the arena and exchange arena points for various goods; or visit the weapon, armor and trinket (accessory) shops every 20 minutes for a chance to buy something good.

In the last update, the game introduced "Instances", which people can enter in teams of three or less, a maximum of three times a day. Inside, players are pitted against one to three tough monsters at the same time, as well as mini-bosses and bosses. Although these events consume quite a bit of AP (20-30 AP per run, depending on which one), they are all very rewarding. Not only will you have a chance at getting rare instance-only items, but all monsters will also drop plenty of regular equipment.

These special events have you work with the game's community and, again, are suitable for everyone. If you're busy, all you have to do is register yourself as a mercenary for one of these instances and wait to be recruited. The more active players will lead and control the other characters on their teams through these instances.

One of the best parts about this game is the community. Although in these types browser games you often expect that you will be playing by yourself more than with others, in Dragon's Call, you're always communicating and interacting with others. There is a Market system, which is like an auction; an Arena system which pits you against other players around your level; and the above mentioned instances, which all involve other players.

The game also features a convenient chat box to the bottom right of the UI which you can use for trading, advertising instance recruitment, showing off your gear and chatting. If you want to trade with someone directly or the person you want to talk to isn't online, there is also a convenient Mail system for you to use. Everyone in the community, players and Game Helpers alike, are friendly and willing to offer their assistance.

The game also has a payment system which players can pay real cash for Dragon Gold which can be used to buy equipment enhancing goods, and VIP. Also, for those who don't have money, there are constantly new contests on the game's forum which rewards players with Dragon Stones and VIP membership.

Gameplay & Interface:
    This game is so easy, even grandma could do it. Point, Click and Watch. If you get stuck, you can easily ask your fellow players or Game Helpers. Leveling is also pretty fast, if you use all of your AP every day, you can expect to be around level 50 in just around two or three weeks. 9/10

Contents:
    You never run out of stuff to do in this game, even if you run out of AP you can still camp the NPC stores for better gear. All of the quests have their own stories and some quests are there especially for you to learn about the game's background. However, some of the dialogues is translated strangely so that it doesn't flow too well and you tend to want to skip through them, so this still need to be hammered out a bit. 8/10

Graphics:
    The game features beautiful, animated background imagery, that changes depending on where you are. In the wilderness, your character is also visible and animated. In combat, you can choose to view just the text, or more processor-intensive, animated battles. The UI is also nicely designed to fit with the game's mythological theme. The only downsides to having beautiful graphics are that they take time to load and there is a set resolution. This is perfect for people with older monitors (1024x768) but if a problem for high-resolution LCDs (1920x1200) because you can't use your browser's Zoom option or the game will lag horribly, no matter how good your PC is (I can play games like Crysis with full specs on mine). 8.5/10

Overall: 8.5

In-Game Name: Mecorx

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2009
  6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Dragon's Call is a VERY addictive browser game. As mentioned before, DC does not have fantastic graphics. You get hooked because you have so much you do! The quests and story are tops imo.

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    There is only a little over day left in this event.

8. anddqa

anddqa BamBam

Credit:
    In my honest opinion, this game is fair in general. But to think it over as web browser games, this game is great. The gameplay are not complex as any other game as its kinds, there's dozen of quest awaiting to be claimed in major city to level you up, that's why leveling is quite fast, and also the interactive map are not like any others, it's make traveling more convenience, quick, and easy. The GUI are simple and understandable, at first glance you should have known anything is about. Like any browser games, Dragon's Call use AP, which required to conduct any action within the game, and restored on 8:00 AM EST everyday. As many MMORPG games, this game has almost every MMORPG element, like enchancing, trading, pvp, and even partying or teams. The graphic are 2D, yet its a magnificent medieval theme of art. The battle are text-based (report-mode, like text based mmorpg) as default but we can switch it to animation which is flash based! that's very awesome!

Gameplay: 8
    Content: 8
    Graphic: 8

Overall: 8

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This contest is now over. Winners will be announced here.

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The winners are:
    1. Mercorx
    2. Exgalado
    3. anddqa

Thanks to everybody who participated:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.