1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

F2P MMORPG Similar To WoW

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Lions, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Want to save my money and not spend it on a WoW subscription, at least until I get my new computer. What are some good, free MMORPGs that I can use as a substitute. Please don't answer unless you actually play / have played the game, I want you to be able to tell me what makes the game good to YOU PERSONALLY, not just the review directory. Some things that I am looking for the game to have-

• No restrictions for free players (for example, RuneScape might as well be a P2P game with how restricted it is)
    • PvP system, it doesn't have to be amazing, but I occasionally like to mess around in PvP
    • Quests, lots of quests, I love them, especially the types of ones you'll see in WoW
    • Different classes/abilities/spells for different characters
    • Not too hard on the system resources

One MMO that I have been considering is Runes of Magic, do any of you guys that have played it feel it fits some of what I'm looking for?

2. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    LOTRO, fiesta, etc... theres alot just gotta look for them.

3. sasuke24

sasuke24 Clubbed for Shop Abuse

Credit:
  4. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    If you don't mind spending a little bit of money, Alganon is pretty cool and has a ONE-TIME FEE of $15. I have been told it is very similar to WoW, and from what I've seen of WoW it is...basic High Fantasy genre, and a very extensive world.

5. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    READ!!!! Oh god why is it so hard. I specifically asked you guys to only reply if you had a game that you PLAYED and to give YOUR OPINION on it, NOT JUST LINK TO THE REVIEW DIRECTORY. I have hands, I can click the mouse on over there to look at games all day. However, the review directory is really only useful if you want something specific, I'm looking for MMORPGs similar to WoW, unfortunately there is no category for that. So what's the first thing you do.. POST A LINK AND PUT NO THOUGHT INTO IT! You obviously didn't read what I said therefore I consider your post spam.

I've actually heard a lot about Alganon, mixed reviews. What's it like on the system resources?

6. Hexane

Hexane BamBam

Credit:
    I would put Lord of the Rings Online on there as a second personal favorite.

If you're looking for something similar to WoW, tough luck. It's a class of its own.

7. Julein

Julein Idiocracy At Its Best The Pit

Credit:
    if allods online works on ur pc i would go with it... if not your best bet is Aika. i never like RoM

8. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Well I'm currently downloading RoM to try it out. It seems okay and quite similar to WoW from what I've seen. The only main difference is the lack of races but the classes are very similar, as is the game interface which is nearly identical. Hopefully I'll feel right at home. If not then multiple people have mentioned Lord of the Rings Online and it does look pretty good (though I was never really into LOTR so I don't know how that will work.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.