1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

[Faldon] Looking for a fresh bunch of players to join our community

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Prometherion, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Prometherion

Prometherion Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hi guys, Faldon player of 10 years checking in here. We're currently looking for a new bunch of players to join us on Faldon. Faldon is an isometric RPG that it seems time has forgotten. We currently have about 50 active players, mostly from Holland, Brazil, USA and the U.K so at times it can be really quiet, the community is trying very hard to change that though. I'm branching out here as the community is really hungry for new players and the game is still great, despite its flaws.

Faldon has well over 440 items to find, use and trade, 150 monsters, 60 spells and 30+ skills to raise (with plenty of crafting and non-violent skills too). There's also no level cap or class-restrictions. I've heard a few people compare Faldon to Ultima Online, Tibia & even Runescape so if you ever enjoyed those games then perhaps Faldon is for you. It's free to play and 90% of items in the game can be dropped from monsters, so it's not p2w as such.

Faldon takes a little time to get your bearings and figure out what to do since there has never been many 'beacons' or hints as to where you should go. The game can be unforgiving, yet incredibly rewarding when you progress. There is a party function so levelling in small groups against very strong mobs is totally a possibility. Hope to see some of you in game. We also have a newly founded Subreddit (.reddit.com/r/faldon). Thanks guys.

Amongst many other things Faldon has the following to offer:
    Over 440 items to obtain, use and trade.
    • Over 60 spells available for mages and battle-mages.
    • Over 150 different types of monsters spread out across the vast maps of Faldon.
    • A unique title system where other players recognise you for your highest raised skill. Criminal and Murderer titles let you know who to avoid in town.
    • Player based market as well as plenty of NPCs to sell your items to.
    • Over 25 guild halls available to rent, spread over Faldon’s many maps.
    • No level caps.
    • A diverse player base. We pride ourselves in having players from all around the world. We have many Dutch, Brazilian, American, Scandinavian and British players. Everyone is welcome

- - - Updated - - -

The reason I haven't linked directly to the official website is because it is neglected, ugly and has very little relevance to the game at the moment. Players do not use the forums, why is why I have moved the community hub to reddit.com/r/Faldon.
    The owner of the game has very little to do with the game but there are GMs who are capable of small updates and as I mentioned before there is a vast amount of content to explore. There is no issue with playing the game free and if you do chose to upgrade your account for $5USD a month then there is no delay in the upgrade of your account. The server can be quiet in the mornings (GST) time but the server very rarely goes down.
    There must be a reason why people have played this game for 15+ years and still play and love it now. It's unique and has a lot of freedom with the customization of your character. The game is very quiet now and I know this will put a lot of people off but in recent weeks I have managed to get a handful of new players to join and they are loving it! If collectively we can find a few new players each week then the game can return to its wonderful glory days.
    The game is hard and if you don't accept help from other players it can be damn near impossible. But some people are sick of how easy games are this days. There aren't any shiny beacons telling you where to go in this game, it's just up to you to explore.
    I hope people can look past the flaws this game might seem to have before even plugging it in but it was developed by a very small team in 1996 and it still has more character than so many of these modern MMORPG games.

Peace!