1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Artist Feature - Suqling (LoL)

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by LosmiK, Sep 10, 2015.

1. LosmiK

LosmiK Mr. LosmiK Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    [​IMG]
    Hey Summoners! Up next we’re speaking with Suqling, a creator who enjoys sharing character stories, and exploring Runeterra in an awesome and expressive painting style.

Follow her on Tumblr and DeviantART to see even more of her art!

If you know someone that you'd like to recommend for a future Fan Artist Feature, please let us know here.

How did you get started creating League of Legends fan art?

Once upon a time a friend shared Jinx's music video, and the damage was done. I was so intrigued by her character and art that I went on a wiki spree learning bout the League of Legends... and where there were gaps in the stories, I found myself filling in and sewing things together.

Playing the game came a ways later, but that in itself influenced a lot of ideas. It is quite a thing watching the champions acting and speaking live (and flashing into walls).

[​IMG]

What's been your favorite piece to create, and why?

Silly comics! I love jokes. I love making fun of things. I have an affinity to make the 'serious' personalities of League the butt of jokes.

[​IMG]
    And people enjoyed it too, which made the process a whole lot more fulfilling. However, the most memorable experiences were in collaboratingwithvarious (fan) artists/writers and creating something we both feel for.

[​IMG]

Do you have a dream project you’d like to work on?

An open-world RPG of the Freljord, playing as Demacian scout Quinn who involves herself in the epic war between Ashe, Sejuani and Lissandra. Think Skyrim and we're partway there.

S̶o̶ ̶R̶i̶o̶t̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶d̶o̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶p̶u̶b̶l̶i̶s̶h̶e̶d̶?̶

[​IMG]

I've been wanting to create visual concepts of Freljord elements- its nature, the tribes, culture, whatever. The Freljord arc has a special place in my heart, and I felt inclined to explore it further in both narrative and design.

Lately though, a writer friend is working on the story of the war, so I might take the time to adapt that into a comic someday. ;d
    [​IMG]

Who’s your inspiration? Do you have any favorite League fan artists?

I can't really name anyone in particular, as I feel that my learning and growth has been shaped by interactions with people and creative media. Call me a romantic, but my mentors exist in books and in film. -In rap songs where Stan wrote lovesick mails to Slim Shady. In games where you decide whether or not to take Heal or Ignite.

[​IMG]
    But I can mention several League fanartists whom I adore;

Kirrys/Rachel Cory , for her storytelling and comics.
    Kaisinel, amazing technical ability and designer.
    Inkinesss, cutE ShapElY go0DneSs.
    Tuesdae, fun energetic art!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Is there anything else you’d like to share with the community?

If you're an artist- keep at it, don't give up.
    If you're a competitive gamer- keep at it, don't give up.
    If you're a support, make sure to KS because we're the true carries.

No, please don't do that.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]