1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Found a Project PC

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by ogreman, Feb 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Have an older PC that I found recently. Forgot why I stopped using it at the time, so went to try it out recently. It is a Dell XPS with an Intel processor. I have a computer desk that is shaped like a boat so I wanted to see how i could work on that. Adter blowing out the case as much as possible, I plugged the PC and it seemed to start fine. I then plugged in a monitor and it came on the screen just fine. It seemed to be running smoothly so i figured it would be a good time to add an input:). Not quite lol. The second I plugged in a trackball the computer started making a noise and the monitor went blank. I immediately threw away the trackball and tried to start it again. It just started making the same sound and the monitor was still blank.

Does anybody know how it can be fixed:)?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    hmm what kind of noise did it make?

I'd guess it might of been some kind of short, seeing how the computer was working before I'd assume it was probably in the mouse. If it's a laptop, take the battery out wait a few minutes then hold the power button for a few seconds. Wait a minute or two then put the battery back in and see what happens. If it's a desktop, do the same thing but unplug it in place of removing the battery.

3. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i would like to help but i dont know how.

4. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Old pcs are kinda crappy is it pre 2000?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.