1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Free tournament for NA - 100$ RP

Discussion in 'MOBA' started by GioLegenda, Feb 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GioLegenda

GioLegenda Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I saw this from reddit and I share this for u guys :)

Plastic 5 Tourneys will be hosting another League of Legends tournament on March 5th*, 2016 @ 1:00 PM EST. NA server only, sorry Europe. It is free to play in the tournament, and winning team will receive $100 worth of RP.

The tournament will be a two stage event; first stage will be pool play (round robin), and second stage will be bracket play. During pool play, teams will be placed in groups of four to play each-other in best of ones; the two teams with the best record will move on to bracket play. Teams could potentially have to play tie breaker games to move onto bracket play. Bracket play will be single elimination until the championship game, which will be played in a best out of 3.

Plastic 5 Tourneys wanted the focus to be on lower elo players, but on the other hand, we didn't want to turn away higher elo players. So we created a point system to balance the teams. I lied in the title, I know :p

Season 5 Rank: 20 POINT CAP

Un-ranked are not eligible.

Bronze 5: 1

Bronze 4: 1

Bronze 3: 1

Bronze 2: 1

Bronze 1: 1

Silver 5: 2

Silver 4: 2

Silver 3: 2

Silver 2: 2

Silver 1: 3

Gold 5: 3

Gold 4: 3

Gold 3: 3

Gold 2: 4

Gold 1: 4

Platinum 5: 5

Platinum 4: 5

Platinum 3: 6

Platinum 2: 7

Platinum 1: 8

Diamond 5: 9

Diamond 4: 10

Diamond 3: 11

Diamond 2: 13

Diamond 1: 14

Challenger: 15

Example being:

Top Platinum 5: 5 Points

Jungle Silver 4: 2 Points

Mid Gold 5: 3 Points

ADC Platinum 1: 8 Points

Supp Silver 2: 2 Points

Total points: 20 Points

Points will be determined off of your season 5 rank. Your team will not be eligible to participate in the tournament if your team exceeds more than 20 points. Teams that are caught cheating the point system (smurfing/playing on alternate accounts) will be disqualified from the tournament, and banned from future events.

Teams will need to choose a team name and a team captain. Once, you have created your team, you can submit your team here:registration form

If you do not have a team, but still wish to play, you can become apart of our free agent list. You can register as a free agent here:registration form

If you would like to become a captain, but need more team members, we encourage you to recruit some of our free agents. You can view our free agents list at the bottom of the page:March 5th - Points System Tournament

For more information on the point system/rules, please read through the entire rules at:Rules

If you would be interested in shoutcasting this tournament, please pm me with a link to your channel.

Deadlines for applications is February 28th, 2016. There will only be a max of 16 teams playing in this tournament. After we reach the 16 teams, we will continue to accept teams, but they will be on stand by (usually 2 or 3 teams drop out). If you have questions/constructive criticism, please contact us on our website, or you can post here.

Edit 1: Tournament will be on the Saturday, March 5th* not the 7th. Website is wrong.

Edit 2: At work, wont be able to update free agent list till I am home.

Edit 3: We currently have 24 teams signed up, and another 100 + free agents; we didn't expect this to blow up. You're more than welcome to submit a free agent form/Team form, but chances of you playing in this tournament is slim (depending on the dropouts/disqualified teams). We will be sending emails to teams that made the cut sometime tonight/tomorrow. We just want to say thank you for anyone who submitted a form, and more than likely be doing more tournaments in April; so keep in touch :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.