1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Geek Squad Reviews

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by ogreman, Aug 18, 2017.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Have you ever had experience with the Geek Squad? If so, list your experiences here and say whether you would use them again or not.

2. I've had no issues with Geek Squad when getting my computer repaired because of issues with the computer booting up. The employees were actually quite helpful and they also fixed my computer, but that was years ago. I'm not too sure what their customer service is like now.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I'd say each store is different, it all depends on the employees. As a whole I think they are a solid service, maybe a little expensive but pretty convenient.

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Yea, that could be it. The one I "got" in Southeast Texas was just being difficult because he did not want to make a house call.

Had an appointment for next week to fix my Big Rig that can only be set up by phone. Well, the guy who was supposed to come out called immediately and did everything he could to finally get me to cancel it. First thing he tried was raising the installation fee to $50 per item on top of $108 just to come out. I was quoted around $99 for everything on online chat.

When the additional cost was accepted, he then claimed my operating system was failing and installing anything was futile. Instead, I should bring the PC to the Store and pay about $400 lol.

Yea, that was my last attempt to use Geek Squad:). On the bright side, I will be trying to install the parts myself this week:).