1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Help With the Manga Forum

Discussion in 'Anime and Manga Forum' started by ogreman, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This one is head scratcher as much as people seem to like Manga here:). Also, this used to be one our only successful sub-forums. Of course, transplanting some chat conservations here would help if that was possible. In the meantime, can anybody help this forum?

2. Epine

Epine Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    i think you first need to move this subforum to the front page because even though I knew it existed somewhere due to the trivia I never knew it was hidden under Ogres breakfast

3. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    Well uhm.....see I had a suggestion for that.

Ogre said he would put it on the 'list'

Below will be a screen capture of what I am proposing ogre find because it is a very useful tool and would help the less popular forums by getting more attention. Also, ogre could combine more forums into one section with the same amount of attention. Thus providing a cleaner looking page :)

I'm not quite sure what the add-on is called or if the feature is built in, but on mangafox they have it where you can see the subforums directly. Hint hint but maybe this should be pushed up on ogre's to do list? ;)

Other than that not much else we can do. I kinda strayed away from the section after kuro kept making page after page of anime rating polls which were only animes he really liked it seemed.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2012
  4. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    There isn't enough users with the same anime, genre, old, new, up-to-date to make a discussion thread.

@ that last statement about the animes I liked, those are the up-to-date animes which are still airing. (those threads were based on that animes that are airing.)

That a reason that I was only able to think about those poll threads with some common genre polls or up-to-date anime that are airing atm, but we could start some discussion thread about old and ongoing/ended manga/animes and see how it progress.

also there isn't or may be any user who watch all up-to-date animes beside me. There are a few people who have read a lot of mangas in the past and now.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012
  5. Drama

Credit:
    yes but almost nobody says anything on the polls, the most they do is just vote to get points from voting in a poll. They don't really care for all the animes most likely.

So creating 6-7 pages worth of polls will obviously change nothing as well. It would have been different if they were all on one thread but, they weren't.

6. KuroTsuna

KuroTsuna Looooong Goooone

Credit:
    Was it better if the was a poll with many animes or genre or something else where they can vote which on is more interesting?

7. Drama

Credit:
    A list is probably more interesting than skimming through tons of threads. Google would be a better source than trying to look at each and every thread just for an anime suggestion. Now, creating a thread for discussion for....Naruto, Bleach, One Piece...etc. The commonly recurring threads. That would be fine. But not listing the actors and crap like that. JUST a discussion thread. Nothing more. It would be spoilers galore though and would need a warning at that.

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    More discussion threads and polls would be good:). Would like threads that can start a discussion like the ones I have seen in chat.

9. Drama

Credit:
    But the polls...

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/manga-forum/22397-dragon-crisis-summary-info.html

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/manga-forum/22396-dog-day-summary-info.html

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/manga-forum/22390-dance-vampire-bund-summary-info.html

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/manga-forum/22384-clannad-summary-info.html

Majority of them, nobody even bothered to really post.

You can look on the 7+ pages or whatever it is if you want.

I'm not against discussions though.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2012