1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes and Generals Review Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is where you can review Heroes and Generals for a code:). The best reviews will have a chance at a greater prize. Please be creative and feel free to use screenshots as well.

[​IMG]

Giveaway Code:

200 gold; for each unique review

Review Contest Winners:

3 day veteran membership and 500 gold; for the winner

3 day veteran membership and 500 gold; for a reviewer that put in extra effort (be it an extra cool screenshot, a unique writing style)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2016
    F_F likes this.
  2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, this contest has now started:).

F_F likes this.
  3. HarveyB100

HarveyB100 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    A sole flame flickers at cordite dry
    -a wisp of gey rises up high
    The amber Valley sun falls below
    And great carved mountains sink into the shadow
    Yet on those hills
    Touching the sky
    A roaring bellow illuminates the night
    Of a land born of design and dice
    A gamer always returns to reclaim his right .
    Derelict -but still a cultural landmark -the ruins of time reproach
    Heroes and generals - a pain long forgot
    Really does just hit the spot
    Wether it be the rendered jeep
    Or the cliff - so very steep .
    Heroes and generals .a game --
    Complete.

F_F and Raven595 like this.
  4. GigiPlays

GigiPlays Ogre Newling

Credit:
    An awesome and hilarious game. Playing it for over a jear now and still enjoying it. The new maps are beautifull now, definatly a great improvement! The physics are sometimes a bit weird tho xD.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

F_F likes this.
  5. MarkoRamius

MarkoRamius Ogre Newling

Credit:
    When the embers of a war long forgotten has again sparked
    And nations upon nations rise against the tyranny of some
    Heroes and Generals alike heed the call for glory

I suck at this.

-German Recon reporting haha

6. Ragenaut

Ragenaut Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I started playing Heroes and Generals over two years ago and currently have almost 400 hours of in game time. I have to say that the game has grown immensely since it first launched open beta. The developers really put effort in making this game enjoyable for everybody. Suggestions on the forum are frequently checked by the devs, and sometimes make it into the game. The game itself is full of content which is easily accessible for anyone without real money, as everything can be bought with in-game currency. Recently the level up process was eased, so new players have an easier time in progressing higher in the game's hierarchy. The newest update offers huge improvements of the look and feel of the game. I highly recommend all fans of WW2 games to give this one a try.

F_F likes this.
  7. Shnitzol

Shnitzol Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Really fun game, one of my personal favourites of all time, it has one of the most co-operative dev teams and the game has made a HUGE progress from early alpha. The game gives a depiction of Ww2 like no other game does, its fun, the community is awesome and the game itself is just amazing, the updated graphics really give a nicer feel to the game. The launch of the game out of beta really shows how much the devs took their time with the game to polish the details and make it as "perfect" as it can be, surely they have much more in store for us, 20160721181456_1.jpg
    Congrats Reto

F_F likes this.
  8. bba34

bba34 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    20160704060859_1.jpg 20160704061255_1.jpg
    This is the worst I've seen the server Frequent downtime but i still like play

F_F likes this.
  9. Tumult

Tumult Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Review (NSFW):

As I took the first steps into town with nothing but my semiautomatic Garand to back me up I shivered with the knowledge that the town was filled with German troops. Then I heard the sound of cracking wood behind me. An American jeep had crashed into a tree and four heads were bobbing up and down with the impact. A fifth head was shaking while the soldier uttered the most used word in battle; "Noob". The jeep was wrecked but I was relieved that I was not alone in this. My fellow fighters jumped out and we moved forward, always forward.

We didn't capture the town that day, but there is always another battle waiting. As my rank increased my salary increased as well, and I was able to buy myself some more guns and explosives. And I need them. My hands still shake when I drink my Tuborg while thinking about the first time I entered a real battle. The initial skirmishes had only taught me to engage enemy soldiers.

When I first felt the ground rumble from the tracks of the great King Tiger tank I grabbed my feet to keep them from running. A few minutes later the roaring engines of fighter planes cut the skies and I let go of my feet, since I was sure they wouldn't move even if I wanted to. I was literally frozen to the spot in awe of the massive machines of death moving around me. The sky was littered with fluffy stuff falling. I realised almost too late that those were paratroopers. Still frozen to the spot I managed to raise my newly painted and oiled Johnson and point it at the falling threat. I aimed at the silhuet of the paratrooper and burst fired. I heard shouts of pain as the Johnson penetrated him again and again, and he fell limp to the ground.

Emboldened by this successful encounter my feet started dancing and I shuffled around the corner to where the King Tiger slowly crawled its way towards the bridge. My pockets were full of H3, a kind of magnetic velcro grenade that will melt down any tank. Two H3s on that big piece of heavy metal and then I ran out of there, all the way to the central church where I sprinted up the tower to the Antiaircraft gun, which took out half the enemy airforce, so my fellow soldiers could move in and capture the town...

... and so we dream of successful battles, and sometimes they might happen like that .. until we graduate to that final step ... War!

All bets are off, private!
    You need to capture 15 capitals, now go do it!
    You request air support? Shut up! They are engaged elsewhere!
    The enemy has heavy tanks and you have only jeeps? Learn to deal with it!
    Snipers everywhere? Tough luck! Use the environment!
    Officers are angry with you constantly? Well, that's funny actually, this is a game, and you should remind them to lighten up a bit ;)

Now, go jump into the fray. Death awaits, and victory too.

F_F likes this.
  10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Codes sent for all reviews:).

Have some great reviews so far:). Just remember that the review must be original and in English.

11. Pascal50DutchGames

Pascal50DutchGames Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Heroes and Generals

When I was young, my grandfather always told me about WW2.
    He talked about how the Germans took their eggs how he played in a German watchtower and how he later destroyed it :)
    So I always dreamed about fighting in WW2 and learned all about the vehicles and weapons.
    Then when I 13, I found the game. (thanks to the Yogscast)
    I was amazed by how fun in looked and instantly wanted to play it!!!
    But surprise Server maintenance for the next 2 weeks or so :/
    I didn't give up do, so i finally got to play it and instantly fell in love with it.
    The tanks roaring, Planes flying over head dropping their bombs, And then there I stood with my M1......
    Now after 3 years and 700 hours of game time later I still love this game!!!!
    Now with new people joining every day it just gets better and better.

Over all the game is just amazing and I can't get enough of it.
    :D

Attached Files:

F_F likes this.
  12. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Code sent via PM:).

F_F likes this.
  13. Bloodhunter1948

Bloodhunter1948 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    When I was young, i played a lot of games and liked history about wars but the most outstanding was WW2.
    So when i saw that this game was out and free to play i had to try it out for my self.
    I was not disappointed you could be a infantry or a tanker, pilot and a sniper in a online game i was sold.
    After a lot of playing i stil enjoy playing the game so over all the game is great fun even better with friends to play with.

F_F likes this.
  14. BebobHero

BebobHero Ogre Newling

Credit:
    So i downloaded this game 2 years ago and I still love it today.
    The atmosphere is amazing with tanks all around and planes in the sky.
    The only thing I don't like is the server maintenance.
    It's a major issue in my opinion.
    Luckely most of the time the servers are up and me and my friends can just enjoy sniping some good ol germans!!
    :p

F_F likes this.
  15. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Codes sent via PM:).

F_F likes this.
  16. Kamerad Vader

Kamerad Vader Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Quite an interesting game, in spite of the large number of bugs.
    Large maps, many opportunities to outwit the enemy.
    Graphics look outdated, also you need a long time to accumulate credits to buy new equipment.
    A good alternative for those who don't want to spend money on new Battlefield.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

F_F likes this.
  17. Naglets

Naglets Ogre Newling

Credit:
    A game for people of all ages and temperaments.
    If you like to be a sniper and lie down in the shelter, waiting for a victim - you in Sniper.
    If you like to be in the thick of battle - please take into the hands of SMG, and go to storm the point.
    If you like a surprise attack, welcome to the paratroopers.
    Class tanker will allow you to feel like an ace of 2nd World War.
    Well, any elite army aviation, in experienced hands, even one pilot can completely paralyze the enemy's command.
    In my 49 years age, and I became interested in the game, it absorbed me completely.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2016
  18. TomKrabbe

TomKrabbe Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have played this game now for 200 hours and I still like every second of running, shooting, driving and flying even though I die every 2 seconds. Even grinding for credits is fun.

F_F likes this.
  19. Gebruikersnaam

Gebruikersnaam Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Short: A nice game!!

Long: Fun gameplay, cool gunfights and epic vehicals.
    I think there is still a lot of stuff they should add and fix some bugs but overall a good game :)

F_F likes this.
  20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Codes sent via PM:).

F_F likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.