1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

I Don't Know Which Mmorpg I Want To Play, Could You Help Me Out?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by xRealmatic, Dec 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xRealmatic

xRealmatic Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have been playing wow for maybe a year, I'm not really getting bored with it, but I kind of need a change (or perhaps not- I don't know)
    I have seen and heard good things from LoTRO (Plus I am completely in love with tolkiens books including the hobbit ans simarillion and Jacksons movies), It's adult community, depth, story etc. But Is it a substitute or a WOW-killer?

Please only answer questions you honestly know the answer to, and if you've played both games, try to answer all of the, and state which one you think is better and why:

1.do all four races start in the same area? WoW did have separate areas for all the races (excepts of course, for the Dwarf/gnomes and Orc/trolls)

2.How does the world size of the world in LoTRO compare to WoW? Just as big? smaller? More/ less explorable? How much of Middle-Earth is explorable?

3.Are the quests in LoTRO good? different to each other? ARE they designed for groups, solo-ers or both?

4.Are the dungeons hard in LoTRO? satisfying? immersing? exciting? Rewarding?..Fun?

5.Does "loot" or "gear" feel as epic as wow? satisfying? Does it look good? Is there a large range of different weapons, armour etc?

5.I understand you can't play as an "evil" or "savage" side, and my heart always lied with the horde, but yes, I have heard of Monster play or "PvMP" but, how immerse is the PvP apart from this?

6. Does the fact that you can play as only four races take away an amount of playability? Or diversity in game play?

7. Are the classes/ racial (abilities or whatever they are called) mixed, balanced, original, interesting, and fair? How do they compare to WoW?

8. What does LoTRO have that wow doesn't? What does WoW have that LoTRO doesn't?

Oh, and by the way, I am more of a casual MMORPG-er but I do like my PvP, and end-game content, while not devoting my life to the game, perhaps three to four NIGHTS (2 week days, and saturday and sunday) a week, perhaps, two or three hours each week-night, and maybe four to five hours on saturday while 3-4 tops on Sunday...nout routinely but its an estimate...
    So which one would be more enjoyable in this time-space? But please consider the questions above over this one, I could probably manage time efficiently play either WoW or LotRO.
    THANKS AGAIN!

I'm sorry about typing so much crap up and for those annoying caps in the title, I just really need a specific (yet detailed) answer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.