1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Iphone cable is not certified and may not work reliably with this Iphone

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by djolebelevode, Aug 22, 2016.

1. djolebelevode

djolebelevode Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    So here is my problem,is there anyone who knows something about this?
    I found on google something but i cant solve this and charge my phone :O

2. Wilder94

Wilder94 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    A bit late but I think it's faulty you probably need to get an offical one or if it is take it back lol

3. I've never really liked iPhone cables that Apple ships with their phones. After a year of use, I've noticed that the cables tend to become frayed (where the wires become exposed), and I'm always worried that maybe the cables would become oxidized to the point where they aren't usable or some other problem like a short circuit which isn't likely to occur. The frayed cables still work fully functionally, but I usually cover the cables with duct tape. The other problem I have with Apple's iPhone cables is that they tend to start yellowing (and it's hard to tell if it's because of overheating or just the room environment). Also iPhone wires don't really travel a good distance; I think the cables that do get packaged with iPhones (before the iPhone 12 since iPhone 12 doesn't have a cable packaged) only travel 1 meter.

Personally, I recommend ditching Apple's iPhone cables and just buying a third-party nylon braided lighting to USB cable. You get more quality out of them (better distance, durable, and more reliable), and they tend to be relatively cheap (like around $12). I think Apple's Lightning to USB Cable is overpriced ($19 for a 1 meter cable), so I would not recommend buying a cable from Apple.