1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Kids Game Needs Your Help

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by FoxoticCampaign, Oct 16, 2013.

1. FoxoticCampaign

FoxoticCampaign BamBam

Credit:
    Hello!

Foxotic is an online game for kids that needs your help to complete development! Check out the campaign below and place a donation of at least $1! There are many rewards to choose from but any contribution is appreciated!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/change-the-internet-for-kids/x/1678313

Would be great to know you helped build the structure of Foxotic!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    I think this is a great idea, games are rapidly becoming more adult... which isn't a problem per-say but more family friendly and especially kid games are kinda in a decline... at least ones that are any good.

Online games are some of the worst places for children to play... heck sometimes I don't even like playing them because of people and while there are a few good online children's games out and about I know at least my cousins tend to get bored fast... they are always looking for another game to play and in turn their parents are always looking for another safe place to play. I can't help on the money side but will definitely check the game out and if it's good will recommend it next time I get asked by family or whoever about games safe for kids.

3. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    is indiegogo better than kickstarter for getting money for projects?

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Kickstarter is more mainstream however the recent Ubuntu Edge campaign via Indiegogo proved it can generate just as well as Kickstarter, the campaign ultimately failed but they raised over 10 million.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Well, we could help some, but it will take more than a post-and-go session for that:).