1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Like a Boss! A game where you are the epic raid boss

Discussion in 'Game News' started by Schwarzenego, Oct 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego BamBam

Credit:
    Watch the (pre alpha) version Trailer here:

Like a Boss! - Independent Games Festival Trailer - YouTube

If you want to know more about the project, let me know, I have the honor to be working on the development of this game, and we are looking not only for feedback but also people interested in participating in our closed beta/alpha stages to help us make the game what it deserves to be.

Without further spam messages =P, hope you like it! :)

Thanks for your attention,
    Cya!

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Can you tell us more about the game? Like does it have multiple classes? What is the game about? I see a lot of characters in the video, are they all players? Is the gameplay in the video the main focus of the game? Like is the point of the game to battle in arena style areas against different bosses or does the game also have other content leading up to that?

3. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego BamBam

Credit:
    I sure can!

Actually, in this game its the other way around. You are the Boss, and the players are the NPCs. After much thought, the bosses of the world found a way to gain access to the most powerful weapon of mass destruction... Experience Points... and now, your objective is to level up every and each Boss in the world to make it the ultimate player-killing machine.

The game is still in its early development stages, to be more precise, we are only 2 months into development, so there is a huge ton of stuff we want to add. The arena you see in the video is the headquarters of the Skeleton King, one of many bosses that can be controlled by you. You can customize each headquarter with traps and new features that grant you bonuses, such as dark altars, alchemy labs, etc.

We have also some cooperative/competitive player bashing features in the roadmap, such as Global objectives and all out war against the players, where hundreds of raid bosses raid the players' fortresses, and there is a huge skill tree to make each boss unique.

You start off with weaker bosses, but you are able to turn them into powerful beasts with items, upgrades and gems, and only the most powerful of the bosses can hope to kill the king of the players.

As you can check out in the video, the idea is that the "heroes" really feel like players, they complain about imbalances, they get lag, their mouse batteries run out, they whine a lot... and at the same time giving you the epic feeling of stomping dozens of enemies simultaneously. We want the "real players" to feel like they truly are the boss, and that no one can match their power.

4. Aaddron

Credit:
    That sounds pretty awesome. I really like that "heroes" say things... especially since it's the stuff we gamers hear complained about all the time xD, that is a great idea.

I was interested when I thought it was the other way around... now that the tables have flipped I think I'm even more interested lol. I also like the artstyle, do you guys have a screenshot or two you can share with us?

5. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego BamBam

Credit:
    I have a few around here =) Glad you liked the idea =)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  6. Aaddron

Credit:
    Ok great thanks :) I know you said it's very early in development so I'm prepared for the vague 'when it's ready' or the trademark soon tm xD but at this point do you guys have any idea on when abouts it will release? Also what platforms are you guys targeting?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2013
  7. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego BamBam

Credit:
    hahaha "when its ready" would be a good answer, but since we are not Blizzard I think we cant be that vague =P

Our initial plans would involve a Q2 2014 launch, but that will probably change, maybe for closer. There are a lot of features we are still discussing, so its hard to give a precise deadline, and we are about to start our alpha testing, and when we start to get feedback from people actually playing the game, things might change wildly. We are trying to define the correct point of features implemented for launch, but in our most optmistic predictions we could launch by January (I think =P)

We are currently aiming towards mobile at first, but we also have it being ported to PC "on the go". There are a few things which we must consider during this port (in app purchases are not loved on PC), but we really think we have to try to get into steam and stuff like that. (TRY... haha its hard, and being completely unknown doesnt help)

8. Aaddron

Credit:
    Awesome, Steam seems to be where it's at on PC, I think you guys are right on about trying to get on that. Well I think I'm out of questions now xD Thank you for taking the time to answer them. :)

9. Schwarzenego

Schwarzenego BamBam

Credit:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.