1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

List of Future Classes AQ3D

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by HappyDays, May 26, 2017.

1. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Full on AoE class? Might be overly powerful for AQ3D as things stand. Did you want a class with several AoE attacks? Hmm ... how would you balance things with that class (relative to the others)?

2. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Simple... Make them dmg less with multiple mobs they hit.. this way, they would still be able to choose wether or not hitting multiple enemies is beneficial for them.. another would be for their skills to rely on stacking.. i.e. stack multiple left clicks for your skills to do a good amount of aoe... These are all possible and i dont think it would be op as they can still be weak against bosses

3. Maelious

Credit:
    That sounds like they would get the best of both worlds though ... I suppose they could be the opposite of the warrior ... lots of AoE attachs to do the same damage as single targets but spread across multiple targets ... and having 1 good single target attack with relatively long CD

4. valkangel

Credit:
    Probably so, but we wont know unless we do some tests on it

5. Maelious

Credit:
    Well ... if you can AoE and your AoE damage is the same as the single target damage ... its obvious which is better XD

6. Well AoE classes would be more geared towards team-PvP, but also non-PvP group battles. I would say AoE classes should be split into two categories, physical and range. Physical would work out on enemies close to the player while range would work out on enemies away from the player. So an example of a physical class would be a sword or axe-wielding class while an example of a range class would be a spell class.

An AoE class doesn't have to be overpowered, but the player will have to have a defensive tank build to withstand attacks. Because of that, the player cannot focus all of his/her stats on a all-out-attack build which would mean that AoE classes wouldn't be as overpowered as you think.

Distributing attacks sound like a great idea, but the player won't be able to focus on attack builds since he/she will rely more on defense builds.

7. valkangel

Credit:
    It wouldnt be the same as single target dmg, slightly less...

Valid points, and something worth considering is that this game has emphasis on team play (though I dont feel it yet) so something like a high risk, high reward aoe class can still work in theory with the right party...

8. Maelious

Credit:
    Usually, we distinguish range and melee ... not physical ... just helping to clarify ... not be too critical :)

9. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    ninja plz :2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::2thumbsup::afro:

10. Pinkyz

Pinkyz Banned

Credit:
    Crossbow class and dual class but with your option of choosing what sword u want in each hand

11. Gam6r6ap6r

Gam6r6ap6r Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Needs a monk /hand fighting/force
    Druid maybe.
    Shapeshifter.
    Mechanic/robot
    class heh ;)

The Redael likes this.
  12. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Hand to Hand class sounds cool to have.

The Redael likes this.
  13. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Hummm,
    shapeshifter I really liked that idea.

14. Not sure how Shapeshifter would work; it's more about the description that matters than just the name. Pretty sure Shaman will be AE's version of "Druid". Monk as a hand combat "martial arts" class seems interesting, but we already have Ninja class which is sort of that "martial arts" class. Mechanic/Robot wouldn't be a bad idea (would probably be some Steampunk class or something like AQWorlds' Rustbucket/Enforcer/ProtoSartorium classes).

My vision of Shapeshifter is the human player transforming into different creatures. Maybe the human transforms into a wolf and bites the enemy, turns into a dragon and breathes fire at the enemy, and so on. Might be too complex of an idea, but I don't really know that.

The Redael likes this.
  15. The Redael

The Redael Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    It would be very cool to turn into a werewolf or a dragon in the middle of combat with a new skill pattern.

16. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That indeed would be cool! AE games don't really have many of such classes so I am up for it!

The Redael likes this.
  17. I don't know how it would work since it's almost like the combination of using a transformation, but also showing combat animation, and the amount of time it takes to do both probably wouldn't make a good class skill. I think it's a complex idea, and that a better alternative would be a Pet Tamer class that summons a pet to attack as its animation or something along those lines.

Heromanguy12 and The Redael like this.
  18. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    That could work! We don't have a pure summoner class yet so that would a breeze of fresh air!

19. Well if we're talking about summoner classes, there's already Necromancer which summons skeletons (only two skills; one for small skeleton and one for big skeleton). Doesn't use all of the skills to summon allies, but I think summoning a bunch of allies could become a nightmare (which is why they have time limits for how long they can appear in battle). If a Pet Tamer class was to summon allies of its own, they would probably be allies that only attack once then disappear. Another thing that would be neat is if we could call special allies (e.g. Artix, Robina, Aquella, etc. like in the original AdventureQuest), but that probably would be similar to a potion that summons allies rather than a class of its own.

20. Heromanguy12

Credit:
    A pure summoner class would be like Necromancer, but it uses all its skills to summon allies that have a timer attached to them. One could just attack one and disappear and then another one could stay for a bit longer and apply a debuff or a DoT before disappearing. We do have two summoning items in game right now: Castle Armor Summoning Potion and Creepy Seed. Will we get more? Probably.