1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Lurking/Vanishing

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by ogreman, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Didn't really want to have a thread based on this, but I think it needs to be addressed.

1. We have the shop for the community that is active.
    2. You do not have to drop everything (you could spend 5 mins a day and still contribute) and just lurk. If everybody did this, well it would not be good lol.
    3. We have several things in place to reward those that continue to participate such as the Elite Ogre Medal and Iron Ogre.
    4. If you vanish, do not be surprised when your points do as well.
    5. Stopping an Event and just waiting till the Event ends to get enough points for you to get something and then go wont happen.
    6. If I take the time to PM you, the least you could is respond and listen to my advice.
    7. "Well, I will come back after blank blank." A few have actually done that over the years, but the other side of that is countless lol. My favorite is still "I will come back next year and be your best member".
    8. "I am busy now because of blank blank" I have been busy for years, but I don't say it everyday hahaha. Nobody wants to hear me say I am busy and vice versa.
    9. Trying not to use the Pit any more, but that was the first thing we used to try to counter the lurking.
    10. Its not lurking if you continue to post some when you log on. However, logging on for weeks and months without posting at all is just lurking.

All that said, you can PM me if you have an issue that I can help with. The only thing is that ultimately it is up to you whether the problem is a slow system, a bad connection, low on time etc. Members have done the daily minimum for years without any problems so it can be done:).

Anyway, just wanted to have something to point to when ever this comes up. Hopefully, it will help at least a little bit:).

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Have a few of these recently and its mainly about how they are handled that can be an issue. First off, there is really not a good reason to do this entirely:). Secondly, if you think you really have to, read the above first. It has also the info you should need already.

1. Please do not do this and then request something from the shop. At best, will not reply to those PMs.
    2. Please avoid sarcasm in PMs and posts. This really becomes a problem when the one doing it has received plenty of help in the past. These could wind up in the Pit or even clubbed depending on how bad it is.
    3. Stirring up any trouble whether by post, chat, or PM after stopping all other activity is a fast way to get clubbed.

Anyway, just took the Support Forum back out of Ogres Hall so hoping this helps more:).

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, the not responding to PMs with somebody who has stopped everything except PMing me will be the norm for now on for the sake of parties:). This is especially true if the PMs are about wanting to use all of their points and then writing a novel when they don't get their way. Don't have the time or the desire to argue the same thing over and over. The problem is that this always ends with a club. Don't want to club anybody especially long term members, but do not stop all activity and complain via PM because it will not end well.

Once again, the shop and the points are for the active community:).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.