1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Random Hero Box Key Giveaway

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Jun 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jahamilton3

jahamilton3 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Iron Man

Hello all! Iron Man/Tony Stark is my #1 favorite character.

I'd say that the main reason behind that, besides him being a complete smart a$$ like me, is because he's just as equally bada$$. But for real. I'm currently in college studying Computer Engineering and have big plans for my future, and yes, I know that Tony Stark is just a comic book character, but I would love to do SOMETHING similar to what he's done with technology. Not necessarily saying that I want to build an exo-suit and fight bad guys. But I want to find a revolutionary to design and create a form of technology that can help myself and others around me with common problems like no invention has ever been able to, to date. So, really, Tony Stark is my favorite because, while I may not be as much of a genius, I'd definitely consider him my comic book hero, as I aspire to be like him. By having an explanation for everything that happens around me.

Sincerely,
    jahamilton3/GlaedrGold

2. unnamedgames

unnamedgames Ogre Newling

Credit:
    If you're not already playing Squirrel Girl you should be. She's easy to level and gear up as a summoner, and she has a viable spec as both Melee and Summoner. While leveling as a summoner your damage can be a bit weak but you will never die. Literally. Your squirrel swarm takes chunks out of enemies and gives them to you like some sort of zombie squirrel master. The 3 artifacts she specifically uses for summoner builds? They're practically worthless, you can get them for free or nearly free from other players. Her slot 3-5 uniques are best in slot, and her slot 2 is second best in slot, the best in slot only requiring you to kill Mr. Sinister, a fairly easy cosmic and one you already want to kill for his medallion. The only downsides to playing as squirrel girl is her slot 1 best in slot is a very rare drop from Man-Ape, easily replaced with one of several any hero uniques and that she's voiced by Tara Strong. I personally love Squirrel Girl's voice acting but not everyone does. I do suggest everyone play Squirrel Girl though, especially considering she's the only real summoner available in the game until Nick Fury is released. Hope you enjoy your Squirrel Power!

3. BananasAreGood

BananasAreGood Ogre Newling

Credit:
    A couple of weeks ago, I started Marvel Heroes in an attempt to find a new MMO to play, and I haven't wanted to switch. While I was lucky enough to unlock Iron Man with my first random hero box, he's not my current favorite- that honor belongs to mister green himself, the Hulk. (And yes, I definitely shouted "HULK SMASH" the second I unlocked him.) The feeling of literally pounding your enemies into the ground is wonderfully satisfying. I usually don't enjoy playing melee, but with the big guy, I love hopping in and causing a bit of mayhem. His durability allows me to pull massive waves of enemies with ease. The lone issue I have with him is spirit at the moment. I never seem to have enough to pick up the ranged shooters after clearing the melee bruisers.

Before starting to write this article, I definitely didn't know too much about the Hulk's lore. A quick search brought up a lot of Avengers: Age of Ultron news, including comments by Mark Ruffalo about a potential "Planet Hulk" movie. Curious, I had to first find out what that was and follow it up with reading the comics. The story is great, and while I'd love to see it on the big screen, both it and the follow-up "World War Hulk" don't have Bruce Banner. With the character-centric Marvel movies that have surged in popularity lately, though, it doesn't seem likely that this particular plot will be chosen. Sadly. I am glad that there is a Planet Hulk costume available, at least!

4. ShovelyJoe

ShovelyJoe Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have really enjoyed Iron Man most recently, he is somewhat tanky, but can also dish out the damage, going heavy physical build is fun in my case. Just can't seem to get into the beam builds...
    If there are any more randoms to give away I'd be much obliged!!

Thanks!

5. Intotheoutof

Intotheoutof Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite hero is Cable. I've been a fan of the comic character for a long time and in the 90's Cable was the badass I grew up with. His in game representation really shines once he gets some levels.

In MH's we see many different heros and most importantly they all FEEL like you are that hero. Cable is no exception. He is the best teleporting, psionic face melting, and biggest gun slinging soldier that came from the future! Thanks for your time.

6. JackAdler

JackAdler Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Punisher

Daredevil is probably my favourite character. He was the first I chose and will be my first level 60, and is incredible at taking on multiple targets with his rebounding club and street sweeper abilities. Unfortunately doesn't have as much damage mitigation as the other melee heroes, but if you time his abilities right, roll out of combat when you need to and wear the right artifacts, he can really clean up the place.

7. tigernuts

tigernuts Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Emma Frost has gotta be my favorite tons of dots and tankiness!

I would like a key!!

8. Linhares_dnz

Linhares_dnz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character is Cyclops.

father, leader, powerful mutant.
    an example of character and leadership, this is my favorite character.

9. Tornad092

Tornad092 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My Favorite is Iron man I like him from the movies as I live in Egypt and I don't own him yet I got some random boxes but still my luck don't put him in one of them I hope if I got a random box there is a iron man in it :D thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2014
  10. RonnMax

RonnMax Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have enjoyed playing many of the characters offered in this game, most recently, and my current favorite is the Silver Surfer.

Great variety of powers/abilities... all very well visualized and rendered.
    Great flowing motion of the character and animating of his energy based powers really do the character justice.
    The added multi-dimensional graphic effects for rips in time/space are extremely well done and blend well with the settings, no easy task.
    To make his character EVEN BETTER, the coincidental release of Beta Ray Bill as a Team Up character is perfect for recreating a portion of the Annihilator Team created by Marvel last year.
    Not to mention they can pretty much FLATTEN anything they come across.

Thanks again for adding me to the community and offering up some gift codes.

GAME ON

11. aaci

aaci Ogre Newling

Credit:
    hello,
    my favorite character so far is Captain America. He's the only one I've played though...so in the future that might change. Captain America is pretty strong and also I've set him up in different ways. from either being a tank to being a good dps player. Can't wait to do more with other characters. i have gambit and people say he is also good so ill try him out see how it goes. but i would rather have a chance to also play other character and unlock as many as i can.

a key would be most appreciated and would help towards my goal. thank you in advance if i get a key.

12. gravelyn

gravelyn Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character in the game is Captain America!
    And it's not only because he is an american captain, it's because he is an director of SHIELD! And he is far the best Avenger ever - and the first one, by the away. He has a great sense of justice and trial. He is a symbol of leader, and inspires everyone around him!
    His leadership sense is recognized by everyone. He is honest and powerful! He is a soldier that is here to serve and help people. To be a symbol for the all country, just for being CAPTAIN AMERICA! AND HE HAS AN AWESOME SHIELD!
    He is a super soldier. He is a superhero. He is a captain. He is Captain America.

13. dobsalajos

dobsalajos Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I have more than 20 heroes in the game so I know most of the playable heroes. My favourite is the Sorcerer Supreme himself, Doctor Strange. He is a very high dps character and even though he is not a very invurnalable character in the comics, in this game it is no mere glasscannon. I like his powers as well, they are very beautifully looking and quite deadly of course. My favourite powers are the All-Seeing Eye of Agamotto and The Seven Daggers of Daveroth. His voice actor is also great, it is easy to feel the arrogance and the knowledge of the Doctor. All in all, he is a great and unique hero with high DPS.

14. Nintin

Nintin Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Spider-Man was my favorite as a kid.
    The black suit arc was one of the best, a classic.
    Comics were so great back then, always had a soft spot for the artwork of the comics from those days.
    He's got all those amazing acrobatic powers which makes him fun and varied to use in a lot of games. I haven't gotten him in Marvel Heroes yet though.
    But he sure does look to have a lot of fun skills, both melee and ranged so you can spec him how you want, which is nice.

And hey, who doesn't like swinging around on those webs? :D

15. nah270

nah270 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite character is so hard to choose! It changes depending on which I've been playing a lot. Lately, that's been Storm.

She just had a Level 52 review, Gaz's version of a power update. She's truly the master of weather now and her powers are a sight to behold. Love unleashing her Ultimate power and watching lightening strikes take over the screen as her eyes glow with intense electricity. So fun!

She also has some very cool toggle on tempest powers. The newest has those iconic lightening blasts that just follow her around. Don't eff with Ororo!

[​IMG]

Also, while Gaz's rendition of her iconic 90s costume isn't perfect (c'mon that hair needs to be WAY bigger!) it's an awesome throwback look.

16. Marvel_Hero

Marvel_Hero Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favourite Hero: Cyclops

Cyclops os perfect to develope first as he gives % to XP gained for other heroes through hero synergy. Playing him is cool - he is good from the distance, but can also be a heavy hitter in the close encounter (malee). The best tactics for him is hit 'n' run, though. I strongly recommend you check him out!

17. Intotheoutof

Intotheoutof Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Hey everyone, thanks again for the giveaway!! Ms. MARVEL has to be the best character in Marvel Heroes. She jumps right out of the comics and can do it all.

Need to facetank bosses... check! Ranged photon blasts... check! PEW PEW Binary overdrive... checkalicious!!

Ms. Marvel is amazing and so is Marvel Heroes. If your on the edge about it and you read this do yourself a favor and give it a try! Free to play and tons of characters and things to do!

18. Kendo

Kendo Ogre Newling

Credit:
    IronMan is my favorite hero in the game but I have to say that playing Rocket raccoon is also a lot of fun.

Turret placement paired with solid AoE damage gives him a survival ability. Because enemies are drawn and will shoot I AM GROOT and turrets, it allows him to move around and give solid ranged energy damage. While a rework for him to update his skills would be nice, he actually has a kit that makes him very playable and decent.

Definitely a character you have to move around and interact a lot with placement.

19. Mordrigar

Mordrigar Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character is Storm.

In Marvel Heroes, her play style really fun. I feel like a real weather goddess while playing with her. Controling elements and destroying the surrounding is really satisfying.

Also, after her level 52 review, she looks less powerful but funnier to play. I use Ball Lightning, Eye of the Storm, Crashing Hail, Lightning Storm, Surge, Typhoon, Healing Winds and Freezing Tempest.

My costume core is good old +1 Dura/370 LOH and +1 Energy / RIF. I have +damage rating on all my affixes but I'M planning to change them to +crit damage soon. I use general AOE built and have all great artifacts for her. HoD, GOTK, Nimrod and Ziggurat the ones that I currently use. I use all of her unique items except slot 2. I go with Doctor Octopus arms at that point. I use +50 area enchant for slot 1-5 and +200 health enchant for 2-4. My ultimate is currently at rank 4. I don't like to buy ultimate upgrade token but I'll be glad if I find one from random hero box. Her ultimate and signature looks weak at the moment but I think Gaz could re-tune this.

My second favorite is spiderman. Just unlocked him and web swinging looks cool. :D

20. SamWest

SamWest Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My favorite character would have to be the Human Torch. I think Marvel Heroes captures that character from the comics so well in the game. From his abilities to his one liners they are just great. He has been a blast to level.

I really do enjoy his area powers that do damage over time. It's great to be able to drop a scorching pyre and a scorching wall and watch the life from the enemies just melt away. All while casting flame on in the middle of it all and just do more damage. With an extreme combustion thrown in for fun. He has also made it fun and easy to try and search for loot because of these amazing powers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.