1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Marvel Heroes Writing Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RoboRob7

RoboRob7 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Doctor Strange

Why: I like Doctor Strange because he has great magical power and does the insane magical stuff that no other heroes and villians are willing to do. He also is willing to team up with former enemies to solve issues he couldn't on his own

2. DESOUL

DESOUL Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite hero: Deadpool

Why?: I could list a hundred reasons why deadpool is the most amazing thing that ever happened to marvel.
    For my, he is basically the Shakespear of Marvel, the Romeo of our time :D
    He isn't just a hero with A superpower that defines him, he is a guy that can make you laugh, the type of dude that everyone welcomes to a party, the type of hero, that is well known not only for his fighting skills, but for his notorious personality <3
    Why is he awesome? Deadpool is clever! But how so? All he does is crack internet jokes!
    Well thats true, for the most part, but! Always whenever he gets into a sticky situation, he usually gets out of it comically and with style.
    Deadpool isn't evil, he can be a hero when he needs to be a hero ;<
    Thats where most people of marvel think he doesn't belong in the Marvel universe because he is closer to a villain than a hero, but i say - whats the point in life if you can't live it for yourself, right?
    He never takes anyone seriously! Especially himself.
    You'll see deadpool mock and joke with his enemies, while embarassing himself aswell often times, no pride whatsoever xD
    He gets along with everyone and with no-one!
    Some people like me love him, some just can't stand him ;< (Punisher always just tells him to shut up)
    Okay i feel like i've been rambling too much :<

NOTE: Deadpool is awesome! #1 fanboy here ;<

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Entering for fun and to show support (as a superhero fan) for this great idea, keep them coming guys. :)

Favorite Hero: Colossus

Piotr Nikolaievitch Rasputin aka Colossus is a Soviet Bear. Standing at 6'6" 250 lbs, Piotr is a big man and growing up on a farm made him even stronger. His brother Mikhail is also a mutant but of the Super Villain type. Piotr had other ideas for his super powers, instead of saving the world or controlling it Piotr used his powers to help fellow farmers. You see, Piotr can transform at will into a 7'5'' 500 lbs organic steel like version of himself. He takes man of steel to a literal level (take that Sups!) and also becomes as strong as an Ox (ok not literally... more like 20 times an Ox).

Piotr didn't let this go to his head though, he's a farmer and just wanted to use his gifts to help other common people like him. One day Piotr used his powers to save his sister from a runaway tractor, this caught the eye of Professor Charles Xavier who asked him to join the X-Men. It took some doing, Piotr was happy as a farmer but eventually agreed and was give the name Colossus by Charles himself.

Colossus eventually stayed on the team. They had many adventures most notably Colossus sacrificing himself to cure the Legacy Virus. He was ultimately brought back by Ord and the adventures continue today.

I like Colossus because of his simple attitude and good heart. The guy is strong enough to be a real villain yet was happy being a farmer instead. He wasn't out to save the world, he just wanted to help his comrades. However when the time came he stepped up to the plate and sacrificed himself to save the world. He's also got a Soviet accent.. which for some reason I find cool haha.

I also like Colossus's powers, they are simple but effective. Like many of the X-Men Colossus isn't an OP beast (*cough* Superman *cough* :p), he has steel like flesh skin that increases his durability and resistances. It also gives him super strength somewhere in the range of 75 tons. This with the ability to turn them on and off equals win.

Colossus isn't the smartest, isn't the fastest, his powers are kinda basic and I mean he can't even fly. He's not exactly unique in the sense how many super people have we seen that are basically indestructible and have super strength... it's basically a go to setup haha but combined with the backstory I think he becomes a more interesting character.

Adding to the mesquite of Colossus is his creation during the Cold War. Here is the US "at war" with the USSR and Marvel makes a Soviet superhero. Colossus at the time could be seen as a piece of a bridge leading away from what at the time was painted as the big bad Soviets. Regardless of intentions it was sorta daring of Marvel to put out a Soviet hero at that time. it's also amazing Colossus survived, Soviets were not exactly popular in the US at the time.

Colossus may not be a tier 1 hero of the same popularity of say Spiderman, Wolverine and the like... but he's a known role player that has stood the test of time and continues to be a feature over the years. In many ways Colossus has become that of his character, he's a survivor that's built to last but at the same time not the biggest name and content with that.

4. Linhares_dnz

Linhares_dnz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Cyclops
    Why?: It is a character that I admire your strength, your perseverance and your tactical ability, one of the founders of the x-men scott lived much of his life fighting to defend both human and mutant even though it cost him his wife. And even after seeing his race to the brink of extinction he kept fighting for their ideas and for the survival of his people. This is my favorite character.

5. unnamedgames

unnamedgames Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Storm
    Why: She control the wheater, she's strong, beatifull, part of the X-Men, she's so powerful!! I love Storm

6. Omnkight

Omnkight Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Wolverine

Why?: Cause he never die \o, super regeneration and a little much more focus on x-men movies ... I like that wolvie =)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2014
  7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Ok, this giveaway is now closed for judging and the handing out of keys to those who qualified. As mentioned Friday, all the posts that went into moderation have now be approved.

Although some are shorter than others, looks like everybody stay on topic and we did not have over 100 entries. Thus, everybody who posted in the contest will get a code:).

The winner will be determined last because there are so many to choose from:).

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, all the codes have been sent. Thanks goes to Aaddron for helping with that by deleting the repeats and approving the moderating posts:). Also, Aaddron should be noted for a great entry that might have won this contest.

Here are the best ones and the finalists for the grand prize of this contest:). The post after this one will name the winner and will officially close out this contest.

timmak

orgasmic

vehementi

xinchen300

Gomichan

RaystaticMarvel

Ieatzerglings

Big Vess Express

FlatPancake

BasedOracle

US Agent

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The grand winner of this contest is Timmak:). He was not only first, but he also had the best article on a character in a game and one of the least chosen heroes as well. After reading it, I want to play Moon Knight now:).

Second and third will go to RaystaticMarvel and Ieatzerlings. One had the best overall articles on just the character and the other had a balanced one that talked about the overall character and how they were in the game.

Thanks to everybody who participated in a very fun contest:).

10. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, doing this again with the same rules as the front page:). Keep in mind that you should do this only if you don't have a key yet.

Like last time, this will be closed on Sunday Night again and the keys will be given out then.

11. tochigi

tochigi Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite: Spider-man.
    Why: Peter Parker is one of the most genius in Marvel roster. IMO, he only after Tony Stark and Nick Fury. But he is one of the most wretched, too. Everyone left him, his lover, his uncle, his best friend, but enemies. His stories have many fun moments, but inside of it, so much pains. But he got over all of them to become "Amazing Spiderman".

12. NJ88

NJ88 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite: Scarlet Witch
    Why: She's a Chaos Sorceress, why else ? :) One of the most powerful characters in the Marvel Universe, but also one of the most troubled. At one point she went insane almost made the mutants extinct. Also, when the Phoenix force possessed the five mutants, they were extremely afraid to face Wanda, which tells you just how strong she is.

13. legbeard

legbeard Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favourite hero: Scarlet Witch
    Scarlet Witch was my very first hero unlock. (I picked Storm as starter). She's one of the few characters who remains calm when I'm at the stash. That is much appreciated. She's kind, fun to play and a strong character. My favorite skill is one that turns enemies on each other while you blast them. In a group, she keeps the targets confused while others hit. Makes things easier. It reminds me of Maya from Borderlands 2. I would level her to red prestige. I also love her Marvel Now! costume.

14. nubtacle

nubtacle Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Fav (by far): Kurt, the Nightcrawler

His Bavarian accent, his kit allowing me to teleport all the way to a key location and to complete all tasks flawlessly. Stealth appealed to me like always, and his strong AoE and single targetting make him my favorite. Since Omega's been out, I barely ever touched my alts again. Since gearing one Hero for all the endgame is costly enough, Kurt is not that gear dependant and can work in many different ways.

I'd happily sell back Alts to just level my Ultimate on Kurt, but sadly, that's not possiblel...

15. VOLTswaggin

VOLTswaggin Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Scarlet Witch
    Why: With the ability to teleport in close to an enemy, cast multiple damage over time spells, and teleport away before they have a chance to retaliate, she can inflict massive damage. When combined with equipment that has many chances to add addition damage over time procs from every single tic of damage, she can do massive chaotic damage.

16. Jacuzz!

Jacuzz! Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Human Torch
    Why?: The Fantastic Four as a whole was always interesting to me. Johnny specifically. We see a young man, who acts out and is very immature for the vast majority of his career. It wasn't until a few years ago with the "death" of Johnny Storm that we really see a huge personality shift with him. While he does make wise-cracks and joke around, he now shows that he can be serious, attentive, commanding, responsible and even strategical. Traits we rarely saw prior to his "adventure" with Annihilus in the Negative Zone. His sacrifice in Fantastic Four #587 spoke volumes about the character and really showed the type of person he was beneath his comedic relief shell.

17. gonadzz

gonadzz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite Hero: Cyclops
    Why: Really easy to play and he just feels RIGHT. His Ult is really good and his synergies are awesome when you're leveling new guys. Plus I like where they have taken him in comics over the years, he seems to be one of the only sane X-Men left. Also who wouldn't want to be a dude who can fire punches from the punch dimension out of your eyes and have the power to bang any hot psychic chick.

18. Magic two

Magic two Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite: Captain America
    Why: His Shield Bounce powers is one of my favorite in the game. Sure others have similar powers but there is just something special about watching bounce all around. I am saving up my Omega Points to make all my range powers explode on contact, so I will have an Exploding shield!

19. Iron Hawk

Iron Hawk Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite: Deadpool
    Why: When I do holosim I just stand on the top ledge and throw the decoy bombs down, when all the bad guys gather around it and I start throwing the toxic and damaging bombs at them. My sprite comes back fast enough that I can always have a couple decoy bombs out keeping all aggro away from myself, I barely get attacked at all

20. cinnamontim

cinnamontim Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Favorite hero: Hulk
    Why: Because I tend to gravitate towards tanks, and Hulk is about the tankiest one there is (even if the game doesn't fully support aggro/taunt mechanics just yet). From a gameplay standpoint, he's a very point-and-click character, and Spirit (the game's power energy meter) management is rarely an issue. A simple play style works well for me, because it lets me play with my son who (not surprisingly for a five-year-old boy) gets endless amusement from hurling cars at bad guys in the game's Midtown map. Better to let him indulge any throwing and smashing urges in a virtual environment, says I.

I haven't seen many other people address the use of in-game costumes to customize heroes, but this is one of the areas where Hulk really shines. While some heroes are saddled with costumes that are really little more than palette swaps, Hulk's wardrobe gives you a truly impressive survey of the character's history. Represented are big storylines like Planet Hulk, Hulk as a Horseman of Apocalypse, Hulk's stint as the mob enforcer Mr. Fixit, and the grey-skinned Hulk from Peter David's run (people who bought into the game's Founders' Program also have access to Hulk in his villainous Maestro persona). Alternate timeline costumes are also available, such as the "chase" monstrous costume from the 2099 universe. Personally, I prefer the "Santa Hulk" released as a holiday promo last year. In a game where one can see half a dozen identical Scarlet Witches trying to take down Hand ninjas, Hulk's costume choices really allow a level of customization that other characters lack.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.