1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

MMO Help

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Lions, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I haven't played that many MMO's, but now I'm looking to really get into one. These are the guidelines I'd like it to fit-

*Price- Preferably free but I don't mind paying either so long as its not outrageously priced
    *Grinding- If there's grinding early on, I want nothing to do with it
    *Storyline- I'd like one
    *Text-Based- I want a real MMO
    *Power- My computer is above average when it comes to processing, graphics, etc., but it's not a supercomputer. If it requires an outrageous amount of power to run, keep me away.
    *FPS- Wouldn't be objective to one of these, however, I'm already playing pretty much all of the "big name" ones like CoD, Battlefield, MoH, Quake, etc., so it would probably have to be some free one that not many people know about.

*These are games I'm either already playing or not interested in joining-
    -Runescape
    -WoW
    -MapleStory
    -Adventure Quest

*Some Games I've Been Considering-
    -Age of Conan
    -Starcraft

2. slessman

slessman Big Brute

Credit:
    What about Ryzom? I think that would be a good game for you. It has a lot of what you are looking for and is only about ten dollars a month. It is cheaper than WOW and other high-end MMOs. It has a story and you can choose not to grind if you roleplay with other players instead. Group work doing quests works well. Also, this MMO won best story in 2005.

3. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    Dungeons and Dragons online(a little text base) or Runes of Magic. Not sure about Dungeons and dragons online. I didn't here to many things about it, and so far I had not seen any news of expanding it yet. Now Runes of magic on the other hand.

I heard good things about Runes Of Magic, Im not sure about the grinding aspect. Its free, and you can buy different game cards at a 7 eleven. Although you can buy the game cards, you don't need to, to play the game. Somewhere in these Forums there's a post of what new things are coming out for Runes of Magic.

In other words the game is not, "as of yet" getting ignored for expanding, Not sure how long it will last though.

offtopic: I also heard Runes of Magic use to be Pay to Play, and its free now.

Happy hunting :)

4. spaceconquests

spaceconquests Little Spike

Credit:
    still looking on some

well still can't find a best game on that theme

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.