1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

My Dofus Review

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Krew, Jul 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krew

Krew Top 10 Reborn Again Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    (You can also read the review here: Dofus : Online Games Review Directory)
    [​IMG]

Dofus is more of a MMORTS in my opinion, the battles take time to regenerate, and take time in battles and PvP. This animated game was developed by the French development company "Ankama". Dofus was their very first creation. Dofus first start on September 1st, 2005. It was first created with Adobe, as a 3d creation. But, has the updates rolled on out in early to mid 2010, Dofus 2.0 was release to all servers! Dofus 2.0 changed the game of Dofus entirely! 2.0 integrated a new "3-d" feel to the game. Also, with 2.0, there was a new system put in to help down grade spamming bots and farming bots. Which has helped change the game system for the better!!

Now lets go over the feature that Dofus offers. First is the Combat/PvP systems.

The Combat System/PvP System:
    The Combat System is a rare turn based system. You get an amount of AP (Action Points) and MP (movement points) to use a turn. Depending on how man AP points you have will determine which spells to use. Which makes the combat system a strategic system.
    The PvP (Player vs Player) system is a very "controversial" topic. Some people really enjoy it because they are "PvP People". Others do not like this system because this get attacked and because some people abuse this system to make money.
    At any time through out the game you can either become "Bontarian" (the holy race) or Brakmarian (the hellish race). However at level 50+ you can receive "head hunter" quests/missions that will give you a name of a person to hunt down a kill. If you manage to succeed you will get a "stroken" (which can be used to receive various items), gold, and experience points.
    The alignments of Bontarian and Brakmar are also at a war. So there are different territories to be fought over by both alignments, which can vary the gameplay.
    I give the combat system: 8/10 due to the fact it is very unique and it adds a strategic factor to the game, which I feel some games lack.
    I give the PvP system: 7/10 due to it having a fun twist on the game, even though some people feel it is not fair to those who do not wish to be "attacked". (A Friendly tip: If you do not want to be attacked, #1, do not tell people which alignment you are, #2, keep your wings down.)

F2P System:
    When you first register to play the game you DO NOT need to pay cent! You get to play the game absolutely free. However there are a few restrictions. #1, F2P users are limited to 200 fights every 24 hours (This might seem low, but a lot of P2P (pay to play) gamers do not even reach this. #2, You are limited to 200 messages a day. This rule (and the 200 fights a day) helps dramatically reducing bots/farmers. As a F2P you get access to the starter island and the main starter town of "Astrub". You also get access to most of the professions like Farmer, Alchemist, Fisherman, Lumberjack, Baker, Fishmonger, A variety of smiths, Miner, Tailor, Shoemaker, Jeweler and A variety of carvers.
    Now for the combat of being a P2P. You get a good variety of monsters to fight as a F2P, you can fight skeletons, Rock Monsters (Crackrocks), and even demonic sheep (Gobballs)! As you level up though it does get harder and hard to level, as the diversity of monsters to level on gets lower and lower. When you reach the level 35+ mark it is extremely difficult to level. This is when you need to think about becoming a member (P2P).
    I give this games F2P system: 9/10 Stars
    The F2P system is FLAWLESS! It gives you plenty of time to play the game, and plenty of features. The only reason I did not give it 10/10 is because of the limit on fights and messages sent.

The P2P System:
    This games P2P system is just "WOW" for only $6 - $7 a month (depends on payment method) you get the whole package, you also get a new class called a "Pandawa", a panda character. You get 20+ dungeons, access to level up to the max level (Level 200), and you get access to the latest islands (Frigost, Otomai, and Sakai)!
    As a member you get to fight any monsters you want, you can explore the whole world of Dofus. You also get access to "pets", a member only item which can give you extra stats when equipped.
    You also get access to all the dungeons in game, some of the dungeons will give you special items ONLY obtainable through that dungeon.
    You get all the professions in this game also when you subscribe. To addition to the F2P professions you also can be a Shield Maker, and a Magus which will enhance the effects of equipments with runes.

I rate the P2P system: 8/10
    I give the P2P system a 8/10 because it does offer the player a lot, but when leveling it can tend to get a little dull IF you do not have friends to talk to/level with. But, other than that, I think that you will have a blast with P2P.

In the end I give Dofus a 9/10 overall. I came to this conclusion because it offers a unique game play to those who are "bored" with the click and attack systems most other games offer. Also, i feel that it does give a significant amount of time for players to play for free. The cost to subscribe is a lot cheaper than other games which makes it more user friendly.

~Krew

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  2. Krew

Credit:
    I must add one thing after reading the comments on the review page...

THIS GAME IS NOT MEANT FOR PVP!!!! If you actually play the game instead of b****ing and moaning about it you would realize you could ignore pvp easily...
    Also... someone stated that someone can join your fight and then kill you so they steal your loot... This was never and still isnt possible... even if you die you still get loot. Loot is a % drop so some fights you will not get anything. Also, you can kick people out of your fight, and you can lock your battle so NO ONE can join. Most of the reviews on the site right now are from people who only gave dofus an 1hour of gameplay and didn't learn how to play.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2010
  3. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Awesome review! Are you a paid subscriber?

4. Krew

Credit:
    I was :p but I don't subscribe during school usually

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
  6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    awesome review. can you stop paying for dofus and then go back to it months later and start paying again. some games only hold your characters for so long before deleting them.

7. Krew

Credit:
    Dofus will hold your character for 1 1/2+ I believe.
    If you go p2p, then become f2p for awhile and quit, then come back. your character will still be around ;D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.