1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

need some help

Discussion in 'Online Game Development' started by Binksy, Jun 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Binksy

Binksy BamBam

Credit:
    i just started up a text based mafia game, and i am really really struggling to get members any advice, and am i allowed to put the websites link on this thread?

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Well for one this is the wrong section, it's also not an "easy" problem to answer and you really didn't give it much time either... thread moved.

OK, this is my opinion on it problem number one... it's text based, they aren't exactly awe inspiring anymore.. it's not a huge market. Numero 2 a few really popular Mafia games on Facebook Graphic > Text in this day in age. But that doesn't mean it can't work, those playing on Facebook wont likely be open to text-based games anyways.

Lets say you've hit the mark and made the perfect Mafia text game... you need to find your market. Spread the word, a thread like this is not gonna cut it. First impressions are everything in todays market, way too many games for gamers to play. Go to game communities like ours, create... one... thread in the right section and make it a good one, something like this:

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/free...-browser-mmorpg-monstermmorpg-v2-started.html

Do NOT expect anything, you must earn your players. Going into a community and complaining about not getting a reply should never happen... wipe it for your brain, no one must reply to your thread, no one must help you and no one must play your game. Don't get replies? Keep trying! but don't bump... it's pointless... use news about the game to bump your thread. Always follow up comments.

Stay positive, be persistent and make sure to follow all rules of a community. Get on the twitters, facebooks etc, actively seek text-based game players and talk to them... text-based is nichie so be very careful when entering text-based communities... definitely do not go into an active game's community and start advertising. Observe, ask questions about text-games in general and try to get their opinion on your game.

--

After you make 5 posts you can post links.

3. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    what he said

4. rtkwar

rtkwar Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    Strong competition in the market these days

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Very good post, Aaddron:).

6. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    aye very true

and hi rtkmar long time no see, how are things?

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Is the game complete and fully playable?

8. Binksy

Binksy BamBam

Credit:
    yes it is but i have re made my post in a different part of the forum now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.