1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

New Year Traditions

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Do you celebrate the New Year? If so, what sort of traditions do you celebrate on the New Year?

For me, I usually look for gifts to give to people on the New Year since a lot of things are on sale after Christmas, and usually the act of giving doesn't end until the Epiphany on January 6th (hence the 12 days of Christmas). Christmas and New Year are the two days that I truly focus on giving the best gifts. It's also one of the days during the holiday when I try to make something delicious like a rum cake or a chocolate bundt cake, and I usually stay up a bit longer during the night during the New Year.

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Never heard of gifts on New Years. That's pretty cool though. In more recent years it's more just another day to me, we don't do much... maybe get a pizza and watch a movie or something. Stopped watching the ball drop a while back, felt like too many ads, opinions etc... not a great way to kick off a new year for me.

3. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Always on a family gathering! Almost the same with christmas, party, food, drinks but with fireworks and no gifts.

4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I haven't really celebrated the New Year that much really. I have celebrated it in the past with fireworks and sparklers though.

5. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    That's interesting. I've never celebrated it with fireworks and sparklers, at least physically. I mean, I've watched fireworks in the night sky before. It would be interesting if I planned a vacation to Times Square and celebrated the New Year there, but it'd be a lot of time gone by doing that. Also with January being more colder than usual, I haven't been outside as much.

6. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    This year and past years we usually just go to a restaurant for a family gathering and then we watch the ball drop, nothing too special.

7. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    New Year? Interest = Food.

8. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i spent my new year out in the cold with a blanket and pillow watching fireworks and listening to people shout happy new year

9. a

a Ogre Queen Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    at church wit friends,, then come home and get in my cozy bed wit a cup of coffee and snacks and watch fireworks from the window..

10. Rueness

Rueness Elite Ogre Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Im always out for newyears. Drive to each bros house, gather em up an drink till the Jan 2nd.

11. Stroik

Stroik Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I just stay up till 12:00 usually watching a movie marathon like LOTR/The Hobbit or the Marvel movies in order.

12. Snowy

2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Have no major plans for the last day of 2020. Usually would eat out at a restaurant or drive to places, but I'll probably just relax with a glass of wine or something. Sometimes I would reflect on what I've done during a year, but 2020 felt like the shortest year yet since there was no way to spend vacation or make huge plans given the unexpected circumstances. Also felt short just because events were skipped or delayed (e.g. 2020 Olympics cancelled). 2020 could have definitely been a better year, if everyone could have just lived normally.