1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Newbie looking for a text game.

Discussion in 'MMO Requests' started by Ryan616, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryan616

Ryan616 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I want to find a text game thats free and no features need to be purchased or paid for. I hate those games that you actually need to spend hours to do a single thing, or a point system for actions each day. Hopefully very descriptive with many actions. Hope you can help.

2. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Can't imagine what kind of game you're looking for :rolleyes:

3. Ryan616

Ryan616 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    It has no ingame graphics so the looks of everything is up to the player. Like an interactive book.

4. Ryan616

Ryan616 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Nvm I found one, if you want to see one check out realms of despair (can't post links :()

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  6. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Well, then maybe that's my problem with text-based games.

I do some reading, I know books are good, but I get easily bored reading almost any book.

Well, I remember this one game called B.O.T.S. II, I think. It's funny how the name is, because there's another game called B.O.T.S., but I don't think you'd like BOTS, but BOTS II you may.

7. Ryan616

Ryan616 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Yeah they aren't for everyone.

8. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I found one.. Mafia Wars at facebook.. ^^ add me nyeh....

9. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  10. shugo

shugo Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    shugo my own game is completely free and when I say free, I mean totally free. You don't have to pay for anything, you can't purchase anything and there are no premium features whatsoever.

You don't have to spend hours doing the same thing over and over. My game is slow paced (taxes levied on your peasants are collected once per year which equates to a real day). You make your attacks, conquer enemy lands, sabotage your enemies, assassinate the generals and courtiers of your foes, levy your armies, recruit your soldiers, irrigate your fields, found your cities, construct your buildings, form your alliances, vassalize other clans in a matter of minutes.

Construction of buildings is realtime, the number of attacks and sabotage actions are limited, but this daily limit varies and depends on how many towns and armies you have.

As for descriptive: the guide alone has 12 chapters, describing in full detail the many many many things you can do. It is largely a text based game, yet there are lots of pictures in it. There is a map, a townview and many advisors in your council to offer you many tables with lots of data about your towns, armies and so on. Shugo is a complex strategy game, that some players say somewhat resembles a text based version of shogun total war or samurai warriors.

Try it, if you're into strategy games like I am and if you don't like it, well then you haven't lost any money playing it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.