1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Oblivion (FTW)

Discussion in 'Single Player RPGs' started by Vikeadyn, Feb 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vikeadyn

Vikeadyn Spiked Club The Pit

Credit:
    One single player MMO that has alot to offer, although the graphics kinda stink it was a great game especialy when you turn into a vampire, feeding on guild mates while they sleept just so your character doesn't die, and doing the quest to find the cure for vamporism, so your character will be able to move in the daylight once again without taking damage from the sun, instead of being bound to just night time moveing cause your character is a vampire.

This game also allowed you to compete(and be a champion) or bet on death matches in the arena district of the game. If you join the Mages guild, no matter your class, you do a number of quest to become Arch-Mage of the Mages Guild. Being Arch-mage allowed you to create spells, yes custom spells that you can use. Also Arch-Mage allowed you to custom enchant your weapons and armor.

And if you go in a certain area of the game at night, at a certain time, no matter your level. Mind you the game has a Massive outdoor world. If you find it you can use it as a mount. It is a unicorn. kinda sweet. but the unicorn will turn aggressive to you and start attacking you if cast summoning spells around it. Once the unicorn is dead from you trying to deffend its attacks, it is gone forever for your character.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2011
  2. masteredsoftware

masteredsoftware BamBam

Credit:
    Classic Game, I spent way too much time playing Oblivion, it shows you how many hours you spent in the main menu of the saves and when I quit it was over 300 hours Gasp! With oblivion and fallout 3 combined I coulda actually done something productive with my life!

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Oblivion is an awesome game, can't wait for Skyrim.

Small rant... As MMO stands for Massively Multiplayer Online, I get why people like to call Oblivion this but it still makes no sense as Oblivion is neither Multiplayer or Online and it's quests are vary different from 99% of MMOs.

4. MarkoMarko159

MarkoMarko159 Little Spike

Credit:
    Awesome game,Skyrim is better but i spend lot of time on Oblivion.
    Everyone should try it. :p

5. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Yeah oblivion is awesome game :)

6. paksupro4

paksupro4 Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Classic and legendary game ... just awesome :D

7. Mihajlo

Mihajlo Clubbed for Trying to Cash Out

Credit:
    Great storyline. decent graphic considering its 2006. game. Was best RPG game by far that year.

8. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Agreed, Oblivion really nailed it. Not a whole lot of RPGs even today that can top Oblivion, it was ahead of it's time in multiple ways, it really set the standard for Open World RPGs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.