1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Ogre Dollars and New Forum

Discussion in 'Ogres Hall' started by ogreman, Aug 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    The forum is now on Xenforo after being on Vbulletin for over seven years. During that time we used a plugin for points and a shop known as Experience. However, this plugin is not on Xenforo. Therefore we have had to use a different program for the Ogre Economy:). We found a program called Credits that also has a store and that seems to be our best bet. In fact, I have already added the money to many of the current members who are still here from the old forum. To make this clear, it was a close one on one translation so far and is not set in stone yet. Basically just trying to get it set up right now and headed in the right direction. Overall, want to get it running and take this chance to remove bloat from the previous system. However, do want to point a few things out going forward:

1. A store is coming but not available yet. If needed, we will use one on the main site.
    2. The translations were done so far on a mostly one on one basis.
    3. The first exception was nobody getting over 100,000.
    4. The second exception is ones who have been here recently but have not been posting or active after the move.
    5. Those who are gone will not get a currency translation to the new forum until they are active again and contact me.
    6. The points system is and has always been for active community members only. Hence, lurking and cashing out will not only not be tolerated but could cost you points as well.
    7. Do not bug or argue about points. This can be by post, PM, or even chat. The worst is doing nothing except bugging about points in chat or PMs. Unfortunately, there have been times when I have had to throw somebody in the pit or club somebody due to this.
    8. The best advice is to be active as possible on the new forum and the rest will take care of itself:).

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    I can also return Ogre Dollars and posts due to the purge of duplicate posts after the forum move:). Just know about how much you had and send me a PM for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.