1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

OgreMUD Development

Discussion in 'OgreMUD' started by quinn, May 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quinn

quinn Starcatcher Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Here is where you discuss the newest project of mine, OgreMUD. The MUD strives to create a backstory for OgreWars, but that's not all, it's also meant to be a great game to play with other GameOgre members.

Current Status:
    Find Code-base...done.
    Set-up server...failed by fatal compiler errors.. Pretty sure I can fix it though....

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  2. quinn

Credit:
    It's up and running. No links till I actually get my admin password changed.
    Oh, and here is the status:

Learn how to use program...
    [---->..............] 3%

I know how to yell "PEACE!" and stop everything from killing me. And how to kill things with admin powers, and ban people. I can also give out numbers for people to help edit.

World editing, not so much.

[------->.............] 10%

I can now make rooms and stuff..trying to kill all the stock default stuff, which is hard. Also, the tutorial doesn't work when an admin. The game thought the tutorial teacher was a hacker because it was trying to make me do things...it was very angry, and wanted me to smite the tutorial objects.

EDIT:...Got about half of the stuff sorted through and deleted, once I found out that the majority of needed objects were in the 300- range. DIE LAME PIXIE AREA! DIE.

Oh, and the tutorial still hates me. CHEATER DETECTED! SMITE IT YOU IDIOT!

Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2010
  3. quinn

Credit:
    Okay, all non-vital worlds are gone now. You can...run around the ones that are left. (A city, because it has gaurds that are used everywhere. And the limbo that you go to when you die. And the newbie tutorial.)

I'll have to retheme those for our game :D

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Sounds great, Quinn:).

5. quinn

Credit:
    Thanks. It was a real pain to find out how much stuff I could delete without messing everything up, but now that that's done, I can start to work on the world.
    ...except for a small glitch where I can't find out how to assign the ability for anyone other than myself to edit the world, but that's minor.

6. quinn

Credit:
    Smaug is failing me with several glitchy glitches.
    So...I think we shall have a codebase change soon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.