1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Online Shooter Showdown 5 - World of Tanks vs PlanetSide 2

Discussion in 'MMO Debates' started by Aaddron, Sep 6, 2013.

Which Online Shooter is Better?

1. World of Tanks

66.7%
  2. PlanetSide 2

33.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Week 7 Semifinals part 2 of Online Shoot Showdown 5. This match is scheduled to end 1 week from today.

Seed 1 World of Tanks

vs

Seed 4 PlanetSide 2

This is a public poll, please don't post "I voted for game X" in this thread without explaining why.

2. Aaddron

Credit:
    For me there's no contest here, PlanetSide 2 is a great game but World of Tanks is the one I'm playing. I like the large scale combat, variation of vehicles and all the different guns of PlanetSide 2 but again World of Tanks is the one I'm playing. On paper PlanetSide 2 has the graphics, the technical stuff, the variation and the gameplay but in practice at least for me World of Tanks is just plain more fun to play.

3. ufbre

ufbre World of Tanks Fan Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Once again i will vote for world of tanks with no explanation :)
    viva la world of tanks :)

4. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
  5. FoxWMB

FoxWMB Clubbed The Pit

Credit:
    I don't doubt that planetside 2 is a good or even a great game, from what I heard about it, it's definitely something worth playing. Unfortunately for it, World of Tanks is simply something worth playing much much more.

don't be so sure about that variation, even though WoT is a tanks only game, every single tank in the game is a story of its own, meant to be played in a way only that tank is meant to be played. Sure, there are common characteristics they share, like light tanks usually being fast, agile but not so armored to name just one example, but it doesn't change the fact that in order to perform really good in a tank, you have to play it exactly like only this tank is meant to be played, and to further that up, each tank works differently on different maps too. And then there's the random match factor - the chance that you'll end up in a match with the exact same tanks on the exact same map is approximately 0. Even more so when you add the players driving those tanks into the equation. So I'd say WoT beats planetside 2 in variation on paper and out of it as well, and it's just one of its many charms

6. Aaddron

Credit:
    I'm talking about on paper.

PlanetSide 2: Tanks, Lights, ATVs, Choppers, Planes, Foot

World of Tanks: Tanks

I agree each tank plays differently, sometimes it's just a little, sometimes it's completely different but on paper it's still just tanks whereas PlanetSide 2 has a broader variation of types. As I said in practice WoT is more fun for me and one of them reasons is as you said the variation in tanks but that variation is not immediately apparent beyond much more than Light, Medium, Heavy on paper. Heck even looking at some of the stats on tanks, some look very similar on paper but play completely differently in practice. :)

7. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i voted for planetside 2 because the teamwork is awesome

8. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Planetside 2 is more of a shooter.

9. CHAC

CHAC Tingly Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    easy, World of Tanks