1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect World International-More Than A WoW Clone

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by deadplayer, Oct 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deadplayer

deadplayer Brute The Pit

Credit:
    Official link: Perfect World International

Introduction: Perfect World Online is a Massive Multiplayer Online Game that features a fantastic world set on Ancient China. The International version is currently in open beta. It comes surprisingly close to matching the functionality and addictive gameplay of a World of Warcraft.

Graphics: The graphics in this game are of very high quality for a free to play game. All graphics are done in 3d, even on the lowest setting the details of the game is absolutely stunning the complete detail of the water, the trees. Unfortunately, it can cause a lot of lag so I usually play at its minimal levels but even at minimal graphics the game looks great.

Sound: The sound is unique in its own way. Everything in Perfect World has its own sound in a very spectacular way. The rain, the water, and even the waterfalls have their own sounds which are all very realistic and really bring the game to life.

Gameplay: The gameplay is fun, and the monster's artificial intelligence (AI) actually seems to have some degree of intelligence to it. You have 3 races and 6 classes you can play. You have the Winged Elves, Humans and the Untamed. Quests are easier to follow through without an addon they point to where you need to go. It does however need some tweaks.

Unique Features: Perfect World has many unique features.
    1. Your characters can have flying mounts as well and riding mounts. Your riding mounts can be leveled up just by riding them around the lands of Perfect World.
    2. The crafting system is one of the most unique systems in any game. At higher levels, in order to get the best gear, you have to craft it. While crafting is fun, it is a headache and helps pass time.
    3. Perfect World also has teleporters in every main city and all small cities, with a little gold you can go pretty much anywhere as long as you have explored the city and talked to the Teleport Master there first.
    4. Molders are in fact molds that produce powerful equipment if you are able to craft it and have the right materials. There are also items that drop in dungeons that you can turn in for reputation.

Gameplay Video: YouTube - Perfect World International Gameplay

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 7, 2008
  2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Is this a review?

3. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    looks like a review or a profile maybe

4. Jaded

Jaded Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I played Perfect World for about 2.5 weeks, and it was OK, but I just had to quit after finding out about a system they had in place which took advantage of it users. One could buy special clothing for real world money, but it came out a random color out of like 16 or so colors, which included pink, sapphire, mango and other colors....If you wanted to dye it, you could, but the dye process was random too, and so in effect, you could spend like $20-$30 on a virtual clothing before you got the color you wanted. One could argue all sorts of things like 'Dont buy the clothing then,' and so forth, but the fact of the matter is that this is a system which is in place to generate profit in a sneaky way from players and shows not much respect. That is why I quit.

5. Victrolla

Victrolla Big Brute

Credit:
    Re: Jaded's comment: I think this is called "hook and bait". I don't mind paying for items but I don't want to be taken advantage of. Universally, the rule should be "don't play games with gamers".

I have seen it in another game ... you don't see a graphic of how your dyed clothing item will look with the items you are wearing. If you make a mistake, then to re-dye is costly.

I have also seen it in a game that was bought by a world famous company. After the company bought the game, the items that were "rare" or "exclusive" were put up for sale. So in the end when I quit (after 3 years of playing) new players bought and were walking around with the things that I got by logging on during special events or by locating a special character somewhere in the game somewhere on any server.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2009
  6. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    :confused: Why do you call this hook and bait?? I have heard of bait and switch but not that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.