1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect World vs. Guild Wars

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 26, 2009.

Which MMORPG is better?

1. Perfect World

17 vote(s)
    51.5%
  2. Guild Wars

18 vote(s)
    54.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This is the tenth match of MMORPG Showdown 4. Although the match will be officially be decided in the Review Directory, this forum battle will be for extra comments and will serve as a tie breaker if one is needed for the match.

Perfect World

[​IMG]

vs.

Guild Wars

[​IMG]

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This match started a little later than usual due to Christmas, but should be an interesting one:). This possibly could have been a Finals match.

3. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    PW and GW are both awesome MMOs. Since we can only pick one....PW.....better graphics, bigger world, and better customization.

4. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Agreed. I have Perfect World second in my predictions and Guild Wars third. My vote goes to Perfect World.

5. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Couple years ago I would of gone with Guild Wars but due to NcSoft pretty much dumping Guild Wars to work on Guild Wars 2 and other projects, it just hasn't got enough updates to keep it interesting.

6. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    my vote goes to guild wars:D. perfect world is more grind heavy.

7. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Perfect World is AMAZING, it can hold its own against the most massive MMORPGs out there, AND it's free! It is a very fun game, yes. Did I mention flying, huge character customization, and thousands of quests?

8. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This match is starting to get heated in the reviews. We haven't really had that since last year.

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    I think it's just that more people are doing the reviews now.

10. blastoise466

blastoise466 Little Spike The Pit

Credit:
    well i didn't play them both.Many people play PW and GW but my decision is PW because i look from the pictures and it looks better gameplay is both fun i think.

11. ScareCrow

ScareCrow Not just a Scared Crow The Pit

Credit:
    No, GW for the win :(

12. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Remember to vote in the Review Directory guys! For Perfect World! (propoganda is the way forward)

13. Glazed

Glazed Banned

Credit:
    Perfect World seemed like a let down, and I guess I'm the type of guy where first impressions mean alot, because when I started playing it (because it looked cool, fun, and beautiful unlike more oriental themed MMORPGs which look generic and sometimes dated), I already found some let downs and combat was as boring as they say, and it is a bit grindy.

I've played games with point and click combat that was good, but PW's was epicly boring looking and feeling.

I don't know how long or far someone has to play a MMORPG before deciding that it's bad, most likely longer than I did, but for such a incredible looking game, I got bored. I tried to stick with it and play it until atleast level 10, but I was getting so bored by the feel and the looks (which wasn't as good as I thought it would be, but then again, I was in a beginner area and my graphics card wasn't good) and the combat and the only things I could do at the time, that I started (seriousness for those who don't know) to literally get sleepy from the boredom.

Runes of Magic is much more fun, even at the beginning, and is almost as beautiful, or atleast it runs good and looks nice on my comp, and has more.

I'll just vote for Guild Wars.

14. Joker

Credit:
    I guess people did not agree with you about Runes of Magic being more fun than Perfect World since it lost in the last round to Perfect World:p. Personally, I found Runes of Magic to be too generic.

Back to Guild Wars, Perfect World is a better MMORPG. Guild Wars has too many instances and not enough customization. Furthermore, Guild Wars has been in limbo ever since 2 was announced. Perfect World oozes with customization and has a giant game world. My vote goes to the better MMORPG...

15. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Perfect World only really gets amazing when you're over like level 20 I think. Also, if you're playing as the elves, you get to fly at level 1 instead of level 30 and that is a highlight. I took this really beautiful screenshot of the sun when I was flying :)

16. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, the reviews are getting ugly now. In fact, a few reviews may have to be deleted because they could be from the same person. For example, it could be the same person giving 10s to Guild wars and 0s to Perfect World while asking for a Guild Wars vs. RuneScape rematch (last year's finals) each time.

17. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    There's like 5 people all posting 0 for Perfect World, and 10 for Guild Wars, giving no reason either. I think you should check the IP addresses :)

18. EggOrBacon

EggOrBacon BamBam

Credit:
    I'd have to say, despite all these false reviews, that Perfect World is a far better game for me. Although both are generally free (apart from buying the GW game, and buying upgrades and the like in PW), I'd still have to say that PW is a better game. The community are mostly friendly, the clans help out like they are supposed to, and the questline is well thought out and put to plan.

GW is a good game, but since they basically scratched the updates for No.2, I think PW has a lot better potential at the moment than it.

Don't get me wrong, both are fascinating games, I'd just have to say that PW is the better one. :)

19. Joker

Credit:
    Perfect World. I voted 10 and 0 to even out the scores.

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This match has concluded. Results will be posted later today. Don't go by the review votes on this one yet, because a few may need to be deleted before getting final scores.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.