1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RH – Customize Your Character With Gear and Fashions

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by GameOgreVideos, Aug 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    In Rusty Hearts, you may start off looking like everyone else, but after picking up some of the right loot and completing just your first few quests, you are well on your way to making yourself stand out in the crowd.

There are two main ways in which you will be able to customize your Rusty Hearts character, which I refer to as Form and Function. I’ll go over these two methods below, but keep in mind that there is A TON of both weapons and gear in the game, not mention all of items you can collect to craft even more items, so this is just an overview of the system. I highly recommend you get in the game and check out what is available for your character first-hand.

Form

By “form,†I’m talking about the outward look of your character, or the cosmetic side of Rusty Hearts. Each character has 10 fashion slots that you will be able to fill with unique costume items. Head, shirt, pants, jacket, shoes, and more will give you the opportunity to really personalize the look of your Tude, Frantz, or Angela.

Frantz Shark

There are also a number of full or half-body costumes that you can wear if you really want to stand out. One of the game’s early quests has you collecting fabric pieces in pursuit of a giant teddy bear costume. With the costume, and you can wear the entire full-body costume, just the head, or just the body. It’s totally up to you!

During your adventure, you are also bound to come across a great deal of players with various styles of cardboard box heads. Similar to the bear costumes, you must collect the necessary items as they are dropped from defeated enemies and bring them to the right person to craft for you. There are some really funky cardboard head styles (the Elephant Head is my favorite), and you should definitely try and get some in your inventory if you can.

The ever-increasing list of fashion items are what you want to stock up on if you want to make your character completely your own. You can even try on costumes in the shop to see how they look, and many costumes even provide a certain amount of stat bonuses which can increase your character’s attributes making you that much more powerful.

Function

This is where the stat-fans will really be excited. If you think there are a lot of costumes in Rusty Hearts, that is NOTHING compared to how many pieces of unique gear and weapons there are.

Again, there are 10 gear slots, ranging from helmets to body armor to boots and more, but these items do not change the look of your character, they change only their stats. Gear can change stats such as maximum HP and MP, Physical Damage, Magic Defense, Critical Hit chance, and a wide array of other elements to empower your character.

Inventory and Frantz

Similar to fashion items, gear can be found as a complete item, or individual pieces that must be brought to one of the crafting NPCs. The best gear is dropped from mobs in the higher difficulty modes, and bosses drop the most valuable loot of all.

A great way to get your hands on some really good stuff is the Loot Card minigame at the end of each dungeon. Once you kill a boss, you and your party will be presented with a deck of twelve cards face down, and the more Bronze, Silver, or Gold cards you pick up throughout the dungeon increases your chance of choosing some very rare armor and weapons. So keep on the lookout for those Loot Cards!

While it is true that early in the game your customization options will be limited, once you have taken down a few bosses, collected your loot cards, and talked the crafting NPC’s, you will be well on your way to a fully customized and completely unique character. Happy crafting!

2. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Just read this a couple of hours ago myself ;o

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.