1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Jagex and GameOgre.com have teamed up to offer a contest that looks to find the best explanations of what you (players) like best about RuneScape.

Play RuneScape Now

Contest Winners

Each of the 10 winners receive 3 months of RuneScape Membership.

1. benjaminhehe
    2. Koolness
    3. JeNnY C S
    4. Meltominore
    5. jsdodgers
    6. dragonknight822
    7. str pwned147
    8. Ichigohollowfied
    9. bobothehobob
    10. Heart

Rules

1. Please explain what you like best about RuneScape in this thread only.
    2. Use your own words.
    3. Give as many details as possible.

Duration

This contest will last from November 11, 2009 until December 11, 2009.

Prize

RuneScape Membership costs $5.95 per month and has the following additional benefits:

• No in-game advertising.
    • 9 more skills to train.
    • 29 members-only minigames.
    • Your own home to construct.
    • Larger game world.
    • Over 100 more quests.
    [​IMG]

2. Intimidate

Intimidate Little Spike

Credit:
    cool, reserved please.

3. Puppets344

Puppets344 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape

I like the way you walk on the game, but mainly just the way you interact, you only use the mouse and not constant keyboard typing. The only time you use the keyboard is when you have to. Like to login, and chat with people, or tell them what your doing, where your going, or if you want to trade with someone. I also like how big the map is. It's huge! There is a lot of towns, islands, city's and more. I also like the amount of places you can fight other player's in, or just minigames. Another part is the graphics. I like how it's 3D. It must of took a while to make those graphics. I like how many different skills there are to. It's fun to get them up. Another part thats cool is the types of weapons, and armour. Bronze, Steel, Rune, so on. Well there's my opinion of RuneScape.

4. Zack Buster

Zack Buster Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The thing I like best about RuneScape is definitely the freedom that each player gets. In most other games, you have to follow a set storyline, or eventually come to some sort of conclusion. This game has infinite replay value because you can do, well...whatever you want, really. If you're into quests, you can do the quests, and have the freedom to even do them in (for the most part) whatever order you want. If you like skilling, you're free to do that to your heart's content. If you like hanging out with friends and just chatting, well, there's even plenty of room for that. At the very least, it's quite difficult and time consuming to "complete" what content there already is in the game, and the fact that Jagex keeps adding new stuff makes it never-ending RPG fun.

5. Elanthiel

Elanthiel Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I especially like the way you're able to make whatever choice you want, without having to regret it. There are only a few points in the game where you have to make a decision and this will influence the gameplay thereafter. However, it's not like in other games, where you make choices in what skills you will level up, and based on that, some other skills get locked. In RuneScape, you can get every 99 you want (and have time for). And for a subscription of only a couple dollars a month, the amount of content available and the amount of updates is huge. But most of all, I like the fact that it's able to run on my pc, which can't be said from about 99% of all computer games nowadays.

6. izzy4games12

izzy4games12 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why Runescape is cool!

I think runescape is cool. I had it for 5 years about and I got hacked though... twice:mad:. Izzy4games the original and U Pansie. Now I have izzy4games12. You walk in a cool way and its not hard either. The quests are so G and the skills you can train are too. Its very time consuming:thinking2: but very god if u have nonthing to do. I like the color or effect words that you can do in runescape too. Plus all the extra things like diarys and the barbarian staff are very cool too. Agility is good for shortcuts, summoning is good for a little or a lot of extra help while fighting or holding items. I am a big time fan of runescape and i think it is a very cool game to play and it shows the imaginary things in life. Another cool thing in Runesca[e is the holiday events. I think they were great ideas to come up with and each one is so cool! I hope this shows my gratitude towards runescape!

7. Morganis

Morganis Ogre Newling

Credit:
    One morning in April, 2006, my brother finally convinced me to start playing RuneScape. Needless to say, I had absolutely no idea what I was doing. I think I was even killed by a unicorn...a few times. Irked, I continued to play. Looking back at when I started, compared to where I am today, I have noticed that some things have changed. For one, unicorns now run away in fear, but I have developed lasting and rewarding friendships with people that I now have known for years. The connections I have made with people give the game a new meaning to me. The community, the friends, and the friendly atmosphere make RuneScape all the more special :).

- Alexmorganis

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  8. O_o Haha WTF

O_o Haha WTF Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What's the best thing about RuneScape;

Personally, the best thing about RuneScape is Skilling.
    Whilst Skilling, whether it will be Fletching, Cooking or training Combat, you will meet new people along the way.
    I also think it's great because there's a whole variety of Skills, from Making Runes to Slaying new monsters with the Slayer skill.
    Skilling incorporates most of the money I currently have in RuneScape, as I don't find Player Killing or Merchanting very fun at all.

I have 99 in Fletching and Cooking and I loved every second of it talking to new people who are also training skills, and also talking to friends.

The way of training is great too, as with each skill there's numerous different ways to train that particular skill, like burning pyre shades at Mort'ton or using the Lumbermill for Woodcutting, these things are a great way to keep training whilst being entertained.

Thanks.

RS Display Name: o_O Haha WTF
    RS Login Name: T Gods Pk T

9. HmmOk

HmmOk Big Brute

Credit:
    Runescape, the massive online game, yes that is true, what i like best about this game, well why not have a list and i'll write about them in turn, that'll be easier right?

Minigames:Oh, we all love minigames don't we, Pest control, we love this one because you have to work together as a team with other players to rule that little island that the void knights protect!
    Pyramid plunder, where all the thieves run around and steal from them little baskets, sometimes there's more then what they bargained for!
    Castle wars! oh castle wars, the best little game i've ever played in Runescape (personally) you run around thinking 'gotta own, gotta own.. i see you, attack!!!!!' then you have great fun in killing someone, until someone more skilled gets you, but that doesn't matter you'll go back and fight again!

Events: Jagex holds various events now and then, i.e Hallo'ween and Christmas and even an Easter event, this brings people together and helps build up a small social community within the game!
    If Jagex can't organise an event, they let people use their forums to organise one of their own and people check that and go!

Communication: Jagex now and then come online to talk/chat with players to see what their views are on the game and forums, now and then Jagex attend events made by players/clans, and sometimes they fight! Jagex have been awarded the golden joystick award, well done. Keep up the communication work! (See you soon) :) Jagex Moderators are always friendly in-game if you're not being a complete fool. For that, i like Jagex Ltd.

People:
    What i mean by people, is the community in itself, the amount of pleasant people in this game is fantastic! some times you get people who aren't very nice at all! thank you Jagex Ltd for that special ignore list!

Skills:I forget how many skills there actually is, but it's great to train a skill, you can work on multiple skills and well, it's all fun! you train farming, you train fishing at the same time too! or magic! it's all gravy baby!

Quests:The amount of quests there are is amazing, if it wasn't for quests, they'd be no real momentum to the game, quests define real players to newbs! joke. :)

That's what i like about Runescape, i could say plenty more but i'd end up writing too much of an Essay!

Peace.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2009
  10. micahsk

micahsk Ogre Newling

Credit:
    what i love about runescape

i love how active jagex is with their community and actualy listen to player import. the constant updates and clues are something that i think make this game truely differnt, never knowing exactly what will happen next week will always keep you on your feet. along with the constant updates the size of the game is great its like having 10 games in one when you add up all the mini games and quests. i like how the game lets you do what you want to do. if you only like pvp you can do pvp or you can skill and talk with friends or you can do everything to get the most of runescape. it really allows you to be yourself with great people around the world. :)

11. Charmed Pop

Charmed Pop Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I love the diverse selection of quests. They make the world of RuneScape come to life; they give the game a purpose. The characters you meet range from demented, to dim-witted to plain out evil. In most games you have to work together with others and are deemed an ordinary hero, in RuneScape, you're the only one who stands in the way of keeping Gielinor a balanced place. The best part is it doesn't end. You can beat all the quests for the current time but since the game is dynamic, you can never truly say you're done.

That's what I like best.

12. diredesire

diredesire Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape,My Favorite Things Of This MMORPG Is That The Way People Get To Hang Out With Current Friends And Meet New Friends,Also How The Game Is Based On You In A Virtual World and Just The Whole Idea Of Runescape.This Game Has Also Been Very Helpful Because It Has Helped Me With Real Life Comparisons,For Example The Grand Exchange Is Like The Stock Market,Which Can Help You In The Future,Reaching Level 99 In A Skill And Getting Something For It(Skillcape) Just Like In Life We Set Goals And In The End I'll all Be Worth It And The Quest Romeo and Juliet Which Gives You The Basic Idea Of The Entire Complicated Story.The Very Best Thing About Runescape Is That You Can Play A Game Within A Game Like Castle Wars In Runescape Not Only That It's Fun To Play and Interact In But At The Same Time Your With Your Friends Having Fun...

~Diredesire
    Runescape Username:Ultra Mega8

13. xxteargodxx

xxteargodxx Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The things I like most about RuneScape wow..there are tons..I'll try and sum it up.

I like RuneScape because when you create a character for yourself each character (player) is different and unique. Each player has no determined path that they must take, each player sets their own path for themselves whether they want to be a skiller and master skills such as Cooking, Fishing, Crafting or Smithing. Or if they want to play PVP and buff up their Combat skills such as Attack, Strength, Magic or Ranged and play on PVP worlds to kill other players and loot different epic armor like Bandos or Godswords and Dragon armor.

What I also like about RuneScape is that it is available to almost anyone who owns a computer and has an internet connection. I like that it has low requirements to play and very low prices to become a member and get extra content as well. I like that every month while being subscribed as a member I know the staff at Jagex are hard at work to bring us new good content to enjoy. Also think about it..All this is available right within the web browser! How awesome is that? You have a small download which doesn't take very long at all and once it's done into the game you go!

I also like to come online to play RuneScape to meet up with my friends on the game to chat with them and play together at mini games like Barrows, Stealing Creation and Castle Wars all fun stuff to do in the game with friends.

I like that there are tons of Quests available for play (Even though I've finished them all lol!) released on a regular basis to keep people busy throughout the game.

I also like that there are quite a few different boss monsters to fight and that for each boss you have to use a different strategy to keep you alive to win the loot.

--Tear

14. Jesipr

Jesipr Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The thing I like the most about Runescape is...

the skills. I like to train each skill individually to reach a goal. One of the skills I use the most is magic. Sometimes when I'm in Lumbridge and I need to go to Varrock faster, the only thing I do is run to the Lumbridge bank, log into my bank account get a fire rune, a law rune and three air runes and I teleport to Varrock. Another thing I like about the magic skill is the Superheat spell. I mine a lot but to run less to the bank, the superheat spell helps me a lot. I get one mithril ore and four coal lumps on the Mining Guild and I use the Superheat spell on the mithril ore and presto! I got my mithril bar ready to sell it on the Grand Exchange. Another skill I'm training on right now is mining, mining is a skill where you get ore from rocks and later you transform them into bars which later you transform into armour (Isn't that cool?). Also I like all the other people on Runescape, I have lots of friends. They like helping me when I need them and I also help them when they need me. I also like the history behind all NPC players and Runescape places. I heard about the Old Wise Man adventure around the "world" and I was like I want to do that in the future and I'm like this is just a game snap out of it. Well in short, I like all the things Funorb has made in Runescape and I thank them for making this wonderful game. :)

By the way, excuse my english.

15. Draknix

Draknix Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The best about Runescape has to be everything. I mean, Questing is a very good way of what Runescape is about giving you different kind of storylines, gameplays and how Runescape was created in Gielinor. Ofcourse, you've still got 24 skills to gain levels upon and another skill coming around the corner. Achievements Diaries, yet another good way to tour around whole Runescape collecting and doing various tasks. Exception of the Name-changing update, I do believe all these updates that are recently coming out does give the help that new people need; especially the new tutorial system. Though I've been playing for almost 2 years, I've had a "test" (shall we say) on what the new tutorial is like and I do believe majority of the people understand what Runescape is all about.

16. Dark_Beautty

Dark_Beautty Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Runescape

What I like about Runescape is how everybody can discover their own journeys and adventures. This game is not all about showing whose combat lvl is the highest, it is also about who has dedication and passion to a skill they want to maintain and reach for the greatest reward. The famous quote "not to judge a book by its cover" plays a significant role in this game. Sure a lvl 3cb isn't the strongest player, but has a lvl 99 in fletching and fishing, or a lvl 138 cb may be one of the strongest player but has only a lvl 10 in fishing and fletching. It shows when someone reaches a lvl 99 in any skill, they all feel so good about it after months of waiting impatiently; which is why many people prefer wearing their skill cape rather than an Obsidian cape because they are proud of their acheivments. What I also like about Runescape is their General Exchange system, it made life so much easier to buy, and make money. When I played the old Runescape, selling/buying was tough and frustrating, because you literally had to type everything out and make it look good so that someone can see your shout out ad out of all the other ads people would make at the same time. I also think the General Exhange gives everyone a good feel of the actual stock market, because you learn when to buy or when to sell items.

17. Sheikan x

Sheikan x Ogre Newling

Credit:
    i like the quest's take the rol of a real warrior exploring an entire new world, having to level up in all the skills to complete your missions and getting some rewards after finishing... being able to kill some of the strongest monsters in the game just to help a little ghost girl or watching the memories of a cat about a three headed dragon =D.

in this game you can choose to be a strong warrior, a powerful ranger or a mistyc mage or if you preffer all in one this is something than i have not found in any other game and i must say i enjoy it a lot!!

and of course you can know a lot of people of all the world, or from your town and have fun face to face, or start your accounts together to see who can level up fastest in a funny race xD.

i was forgetting the minigames, i remember some years ago when i played my first Castle Wars game and i must say that was the best ^^

i like runescape because this is the best game in all the world.

18. jpv41193

jpv41193 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I love how Runescape is so interactive. Not only between players, but how simple it is to control everything in the game. There's no fancy button mashing, no crazy motions, just simple point and click.

I also love how addicting the game is. It's really easy to spend hours playing the game before you realize you're supposed to have gone to sleep and have to get up for school in less than 4 hours (has happened to me multiple times!). The game is fun, provides a challenge at multiple levels, has a wide variety of things to do, and a massive world to explore!

And finally, (not trying to kiss up to the judges or anything), but I love how Jagex is so involved with their players. Some people may complain, but compared to any other game company I've ever heard of, Jagex is practically in every players house playing the game with them! Runescape is epic, there's no denying that. It's clear that Jagex really enjoys their game as much as the rest of us. Keep up the great work! :)

19. xdon

xdon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    RuneScape

RuneScape.. I've been playing this game for around 4 years now(wish I could of gotten the scythe :freak:)

Well this game is very good and I recommend it to anyone who hasn't tried and is reading my post

RuneScape is amazingly fun and with(and I quote) "Over 15,000 hours of free gameplay" you will never go bored.

Updates nearly every week from bug fixes to huge content additions(my favorite so far is RSHD - RuneScape High Definition)

Since I am the type of person who likes a good story(like say the Metal Gear Solid series) this makes RuneScape so much better for me(I am a quest cape owner currently) I currently like the Mahjarrat questline and the Elven one.

Minigames they always bring so much fun and I am never bored playing them, they also give rewards for playing them!(Lord Marshall equips being my favorite!!)

Skills my favorite being summoning and my least favorite being runecrafting oh how I love summoning titans, I will get 99 eventually!(and my favorite 99 skill capes being agility and slayer)

F2P&P2P if I ever decided to take a break from playing and my membership ended I could come on and tell my friends about it in a F2P world, many games(P2P) don't have this option and it is wonderful

the last thing I am going to add: the Jagex company is amazing and the devs WILL listen to your ideas(I have gave my illustrated ideas to RS devs over twitter :D) might I add for a game like RS where they have over 70k players online at any given time they have amazing customer service

I really hope to see the game expand more and I will be looking forward to MechScape(Stellar Dawn) in the near future, please keep at it Jagex and never stop!

Thanks for reading :thinking2:

- Don

Twitter: http://twitter.com/DP____
    Adventure Log: http://services.runescape.com/m=adventurers-log/display_player_profile.ws?searchName=l-Don-l&submit=

RuneScape Account: Donster112
    RuneScape Display Name: l-Don-l (L-Don-L)

(If some people@ Jagex is reading this could you look into changing my RuneScape name to " Don " :( pwerty pwease)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2009
  20. Yoshamitsu1

Yoshamitsu1 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Yoshamitsu1

First of all, the game is all too well addicting, which is what developers like Jagex want.m To break that down, the most shocking thing to me is the graphics. They are amazing and they work well together with the engine that runs the game. Everything is it's own thing. In other words, it isn't one of those annoying games that everything repeats. In Runescape, you can play for hours and still not repeat the same exact thing! Also, this is a great community to work in. Everyone is friendly and you know that you are safe when you are playing. You can decide whatever you want to do, also. You can woodcut, make runes, or even construct a house, if you are a member that is. I have played a LOT of MMORPGs over the years, and I am going to say right out there that this is the best you can get next to cost. $5.65 is cheaper than most games, and even if you don't have the money, you can play as a free player. The updates are constant, so you will never run out of stuff to do, and there are minigames that add a more essence of challenge to some parts of the game. The quests are countless, so that would keep you busy for a year or two... To sum it all up, this is one game that you should play, no matter who you are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.