1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, Nov 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNite

TheNite Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What i love about runescape you ask?

Well i love how i am able to meet escape reality into this online world where i can be who ever i want to be, i'm not judge of how i look like or who i am, we are all equals excepts in the lvls lol. But what i mostly like about runescape is that each day i can find on it, to set my self a challenge on what to accomplish next. What i also love about runescape is that with every update there this never ending world where you get explorer and try and play a runescape a different way each day with each passing update. For example take the new prayer update that they just had, this prayers are more powerful then the one they had, this one lets you play the game in different tactics, for example would it be best if use the new prayer to kill monster or players or are the older prayer better. Once you ask that to your self you will then test each prayer out to see which fits best then you will try to find a tactic to see which one fits best with trial and errors(best way to learn =P)

Another thing i love about runescape is the kind of minigames it has, from caslte wars( back in the day use to be the most play minigame) to mobilizing army and Fist of Guthix(most play free to play game) each minigame requires a different tactic and with a different challenge which requires you to think out side the box!

I also love how im not stuck being a mager, meleer or ranger in runescape, i can be each one each day,each hour,or each minute if i want, there is no limit on runescape on what i can do, if i want to train a certain skill or if i don't i dont have to.

But what i love the best in RuneScape is the Quest and the story line each one brings you, they are the best part of the whole game if you ask me. Each quest provides you or unlocks you with different things to do and how to approach something. The Story lines are great and are to die for, its like reading a book while playing through it and being in it, and the choices you make during the quest actually have a decision on what the ending of the story line is going to be, oh don't think that the rewards aren't bad, the rewards are the best in the game!

2. Armisticeone

Armisticeone Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What I love about Runescape are the quests, when you play other MMO's like WoW there's a lot of quests to be done, sure, but most of them end up falling into a fairly familiar boring pattern, you go to a new area and you get the same quests you just did with different names and different items to collect. That's not the case in Runescape. Interesting characters, witty diaglogue, complex puzzles and ongoing storylines that make you actually care about those you meet on your journey are what makes RS special.

Add to that the variety of skills which actually take time to train aren't all about grinding for hours for a single rare drop to get a level but have a variety of cool and interesting ways to level up (well most of them do, firemaking can still be a bit of a clickathon even with the beacon network).

The chance to be any character you wish to be rather than being constrained by a class you chose months or even years ago; if I want to train runecrafting I can go do that - I didn't have to choose just two skills and stick to them - I'm able to take part in anything at any point so long as I have the levels for it.

That's what I like about Runescape.

3. Przemek32767

Przemek32767 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    RuneScape is the very first MMORPG i ever played. If I remember correctly, I play RuneScape since August 2004. It is impressive how it evolved since then. Older players remember how RuneScape looked at the beginning. It underwent several major engine upgrades (like the major graphic overhaul known as RuneScape High Detail) and Jagex (the creators of RuneScape) is not going to give it up - RuneScape will be constantly evolving.

One thing I like the most in RuneScape is its classless character development system. You don't have to maintain one path - if you get bored with melee fighting, you can try the arts of magic and then return to melee fighting at later time. What's more, RuneScape is not all about fighting. In most MMORPGs you spend most of your time killing monsters to raise your character's level. RuneScape has great, versatile skill system. If fighting is not your thing, you can try your hand at multiple skills like fishing, cooking, mining, smithing, crafting or woodcutting. Items you gain or create using these skills can be sold to other players or kept for yourself. Members can even build their own house, which can be used to have fun with friends, train skills or simply take a break from adventuring.

Another thing I like about RuneScape are frequent updates. Almost every week new content is added and/or existing content is improved. Not many MMORPG are updated that often. Many of them are updated like once a month. Some of them even only few times a year.

I also like RuneScape community. RuneScape is a great place to meet new people and socialize. It is always fun to hunt monsters or train skills together. Trading is also the important part of the game. Some items cannot be obtained in shops and the best way to get them is to buy them from other players. You can also sell your products or items you don't need anymore. Thanks to Clan Chat people can form clans and carry on various activities. Certain item set allows to organize activities like races, scavenger hunts or hide-and-seek games. There is also a multitude of minigames. Some of them involve cooperation and the others involve PvP (player versus player) combat, so everyone will find something that suits their liking. Speaking of PvP, there are also PvP worlds for people who prefer this sort of gameplay. If you want to take a break from developing your character, you can participate in community events organized by other players. If you are not playing at the moment, you can chat with fellow players on the forums.

What else do I like in RuneScape? Quests, of course! Quests are important thing in every MMORPG. RuneScape features over 150 entertaining quests and new ones are added on regular basis. Some of them are very easy and some are extremely challenging. Players are rewarded with skill experience, useful items and new possibilities (e.g. access to new areas) for completing quests.

Yet another thing I like: RuneScape is played in a web browser. You don't have to download huge files or install anything (my HDD is only 40 GB, so I can't install much anyway :p). You can start playing within minutes. Windows, Mac, Linux - RuneScape will run on all of them. All you need is a web browser, Java and an Internet connection. Also, RuneScape has fair system requirements and doesn't require an ultra fast PC.

And, finally - Jagex. Without them this game would never exist. Jagex team creates their games with love and skill. They work all the time to make RuneScape even better game. Whenever a problem appears, they do their best to fix it as quickly as possible. They also organize community events and participate in events organized by players. If someone breaks the rules, they will face the punishment they deserve.

There are more things I like about RuneScape, but I pointed out the most important ones. If i happen to be one of the winners, my RuneScape name is Przemek R0.

4. Ladrael

Ladrael Ogre Newling

Credit:
    MY favorite stuff about rs

The variety in the game you can do anything you want you can talk to other people that live far away from you live you can help each other at quest and you gain levels Everything is just amazing

5. Agrael

Agrael Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What is my favorite stuff about Runescape you ask?

I do like the variety of skills and quests and the freedom given in the game itself, but it is not the main factor that attracts people to play this game. One just need to do a small search to see that Runescape has an amazing array of fansites like this one, filled with dedicated and involved players.

Apart from an intriguing gameplay, the game itself is a great way to meet new people. With Jagex's Community Management team working wonders these past months, players were able to take part in live Q&A session with J-Mods, enjoy a Jagex in-game event, compete in contests such as this one and for the really lucky ones, visit the game studios itself. Indeed, a game is made to relax and enjoy, but when it is possible to directly interact with other players, the experience improves exponentially. This is not only real for Runescape, but all games, for it is interesting to interact with computer AI, but to interact with a player controlled character is a whole new dimension.

Runescape has given me the opportunities to meet great people. With Skype and Ventrilo, the gaming experience is further improved. It is such a wonderful experience to slay Commander Zilyana while Skype(ing) with your teamates. The sense of achievement when receiving a hilt is enhanced when it is possible to share the experience with friends. Runescape has also given me the opportunity to get involved in its community by being an administrator on the biggest Runescape group on Facebook. Being able to contribute to the RS community by holding contests and in-game events and the possibility to meet new players is, I have to say, very satisfying.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2009
  6. Razzz

Razzz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Whats do I like from Runescape? MANY THINGS! I Can't even say which ones are my favorite, Runescape is just way too awesome to have one favorite thing in particular!

Games: Starting off, I like Pest Control because i get to squish big nasty bug looking monsters! That and i love a sense of adventure in a game. I also like Castlle Wars, It makes me feel like I'm going back to Medieval times, "rushing" a castle with formidable allies at my side, being shot at with boulders, and screaming many incoherent babbling noises! Castle Wars is on the top of My list. =D

Events & Graphics: Man, jagex is to be commended for all the hard work they put in to Holiday events, Community Events, and my favorite, RANDOM EVENTS! Oh and not to mention the Graphics! I espceially liked this year's Hallowe'en event, and ESPECIALLY The Cryptic Clue Fest! That event had me running in circles across Runescape looking for items I never thought I would've needed ! I sure love events. :) Also, the graphics on runescape look eerily lifelike, with the Baxtorian waterfall breaking its waves upon the rocks below, or the occasional bird that passes by. It look's a lot like reality!

People: I love the people in this game, sure there are those who ruin it, but overall I'm in "love " with the people in this game! Even the NPC's ! I love logging in everyday, saying "Hi" to friends across the U.S.A, and playing Runescape to see what's new. I especially love it when Jagex Mods come online. Man oh Man do they make a sensation!

Skills and Hobbies: Well their sure are plenty of things to practice on in Runescape, that's for sure. I love Hunting, it allows me to "experience" the thrill of the hunt, without actually harming some of our furry friends. I also love PvP'ing . Sure, it had it's troubles in the past, but its equally as fun. I also love Combat related skills. Heck, I'm not the toughest guy out there, but I'm slowly working my way up there! And what do i do for hobbies eh? Well there's Pvp'ing, meeting friends and making friends and the occasional clan event.

Quests & Skillcapes: Boy oh Boy does Jagex make some FUN quests! Sadly, most of the really exciting ones I see released every now and then, I cant complete because I'm not high enough in level yet. ( P.S. Jagex, Congratz on your latest quest, The Temple at Senntisten, I've seen the How to do video on Youtube, and You guys and gals really put some effort into it. It's awesome in every sense of the word. And Skillcapes, i hope to own some, although none of my skills are 99. They really put a sense of self accomplishment to the player. It's a really nice reward to know that all the hard work has paid off.

And Finally, RELAXATION: I play Runescape for the fun of it and to relax. It's hard enough that I have to go to school, hear my teachers babble on and on about Math equations and what not, and to top that, Homework. So as soon as i get home and finsih my Homework, I Log on, and sign out from the real world. It helps me ease out all the stress I get from school. And i actually feel like im literally in the game, with ancient armor and what not.

So, I'll end This "essay" of what I like, and go back to the Virtual adventure of Runescape, but before I do that, I'd like to say, keep up the good work and surprise us players with even more spine tingling events and what not.

Yours Forever truly,
    Ra2802 ( Display Name )

7. abnar33

abnar33 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    About runescape!! :)

Me what i like about runescape is all those mini games like Castle war, dueling arena and fist of guthix. What i like to is the new graphics that they put on rs3, the new way to walk, the new way to mine and the new emotes
    (ex: Thanks giving, skill capes.) Oh yeah i forgot to talk about the new super skills capes that we need to be level 99 to have those that awsome because now it can be an objective to have the skills level 99. They added the new notes place that is so cool you can write some notes for not forget any thing. They have clan for clan wars that reallyy awsommmeeee because now we can fight like more than one person!!! My next point is the New pvp Im so happy that there is the new pvp because in the wilderness it was not sure because there were monsters there Lol and they were able to attack us when we were fighting with peoples. I like the jad he is to awsome and he is level 712 he's maybe not the best monster but he is awsome! You can make runes by mining rune essence or pure essence that awsome so you cant fall to 0 rune. There are some quest to their some quest that are hard and some that are medium and some that are easy that what i like of runescape and there some quest that you need a level in a skill that make training for the one that need to level :) . So runescape is the best game because there is pvp,mini games, quest, objectives, achievements and so much players. that all i have to say about runescape have a good plays everyone :)

8. bobothehobob

bobothehobob Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why do I love Runescape?

I love the ability to Slayer, or used to love the ability, as I am a free to play player now.
    Slayer is one of those skills that stresses efficiency over anything else, because the skill set that it trains is vast.

With one monster, such as fire giants, one is able to train prayer, HP, slayer, range, and magic all at the same time.
    Bury the big bones, kill the giants with long range to get range, def, and slayer exp, alch the drops for magic and money, all while sitting at the same spot.

If that isn't multitasking efficiency, I don't know what is.

I love PVP, as in Runescape, PVP is the ultimate challenge for any player. In PVP worlds and Bounty Hunter, everyone has a different way of fighting and making money.
    Some attempt to no arm, using monk robes, maple short, adamant arrows, coif, and a rune 2h to fight.
    Others fight in full rune, berserker shields, and 99 skill capes.

In P2P, the situation becomes even more intense. A trip to Edgeville on a Bounty hunter world gives insight to the world of pures. High stats, 1 def, complex strategy fighting.
    70 Attack, 99 str, 1 def. Whip to DDS ko. Or a Granite Maul K0. Or dragon claws.

There are level 126's with Vesta, showing off money and daring, risking millions in confidence of their nerves and Pking ability. 100s with Void, DFS, and dragon enchanted bolts.

Pking is one of the most intense interactions within the game, due to the sheer adrenaline rush of being red-barred, or red-barring. The sheer rush of an AGS or a D claw Spec.
    The rush of Ice Blitz to Granite Maul. Everything about Pking requires 100% concentration and a little bit of luck.

People safe, people run, people tele, people call each other noobs, but all players love the game.

I love Runescape because I'm always coming back to it. It must be subconscious, but I always end up back to my bank, entering my PIN, and looking at my items.

Being F2P, I enjoy many aspects of the game, but nothing would be a better present than 3 months of Runescape membership.

(RS name of chen li0)

9. connorbaboon

connorbaboon Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why I Enjoy Runescape

These are all great answers. Each post goes into detail about nearly every aspect of the game, and does a great job highlighting what makes the game continually entertaining. However, my greatest appreciation of the game comes due to the ability to come back to the game time and time again.

I first played Runescape in what I remember as being November 2004. I went to a friends birthday party where I was introduced to the game. From the beginning, every single part of the game was awesome to me. Presented was a place that I could do anything with my character. After starting in 7th grade, I played all the way till eighth grade. I became a member for 3 or 4 months after making All-State for trombone and was able to enjoy an even larger range of skills. Unfortunately, this couldn't last.

I had to stop playing Runescape in 9th grade because of the huge amount of time that school took up. Runescape took up a spot in the back of my mind and gradually worked its way forward. Finally, by Spring Break, I was able to start playing again. The greatest part about playing again was continuing exactly where I had left off. Everything was still in my bank from before, my skills were the same, and I could continue to play without ever getting bored.

This trend of on-again-off-again playing has continued even to this day. Over the past few weeks, Runescape has crept into my mind again, resulting in my playing again. I've become captivated now not only with the game, but with the sheer amount of memories I have associated with even the most trivial of tasks. Walking past the Varrok Southeast mine makes me remember the hours I spent mining tin and copper, then walking it all the way down to Lumby to make bars, and walking it all the way back to Varrok to make into items. I remember finally being able to wield a Dragon Dagger, and how epically cool I felt walking around with a red sword instead of a Cyan one. I can continually go back to these things no matter how long a period of time that I may move away from Runescape. This makes the game even more appealing.

I also appreciate Runescape for its wide breadth of content. When one looks even at the F2P content available, there is an extremely large amount of content to experiment with and enjoy. When taking into account P2P content, it is nearly impossible to fathom just how many items one can learn about to become a master of the game. All of this knowledge can then be incorporated into strategy, business models, and a new approach to the game that can be exciting.

Basically, the game changes based completely on what I want it to be and what I know of the game. I can always learn more and get a new take on the game, even after spending months away from it. Knowing that there will always be a fun place to spend my time without ever being required to sit down and partake in a set action makes this game truly enjoyable, and is the primary reason that I like Runescape so much.

Connorbaboon (RS Name of.... Connorbaboon) :)

10. maximilion

maximilion Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My Favourite thing about runescape is definetly is level any skill or level or sompleting a quest/acheivement diary. Having the experiences in the game of being rewarded helps out confidence and makes you feel like you have done something well or worth doing. In life you dont always get rewarded for things that you do, but in this certain game the experiences of being rewarded and have acheived something helps out with with that confidence boost that can help make your day a little better. Even if I did not get what i wanted to achieve you still can by keep trying. Runescape has best boosted my confidence with achieving goals and getting rewarded. I can talk to anyone in this game and have a most likely awesome experience talking to them and playing mini games with them.

11. TheDudeWithTheFace

TheDudeWithTheFace Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Why I Love Runescape.

When I think about Runescape, There are many different feelings that come to mind, but a majority of them are good. My first accounts trace back to 2004 when I was a beginning player. Over the past 5 years, I have witnessed many updates, ranging from outstanding, to sub par. Not once have I seen an update that was absolutely horrible. Runescape's updates range from something that everyone can do upto a small percentage of players. Many of the higher leveled updates give lower levels something to strive towards working for as it may improve the game for them. This being said, I realized that what I love most about Runescape is the fact that it never gets old, and there is always something to do ingame.

Many people rant day and day about the updates, whether it be that the update doesn't provide a sufficient reward, the update makes a skill easier, or the update doesn't cater to PvP. Many of the rants attack Jagex viciously for the choices they made. One of the many infamous updates was the 2007 removal of free trade and Wilderness Player Killing. After this players started to complain and rant on about how this was unfair, but in reality it is Jagex's game, and they can do with it what they desire. I didn't find any bit of the update disappointing, and was actually quite pleased with it. It bettered the community by removing scammers, rude pvpers, macros, and gold farmers all in one neatly rolled out update. Before this update it was common to see bots and gold farmers mining pure essence, chopping down yew trees, and even killing green dragons, and within 168 hours they were nearly eliminated. Even when many Players found updates to be horrible, I always found one thing enjoyable about them.

As many people do, they grow old of a game and eventually end up stop playing it. I know for one I have, and Runescape was no different. It was no different until after about 3 months of not playing, I came back to Runescape, surprised and astounded at how much had changed. Even if you quit playing because you don't find anything to do, you can always come back after quitting to find that the game evolved more, and that the problems you may have found when you quit are gone. Runescape is a evolving game that always has new tricks up its sleeve to impress and amuse players into coming back for hours.

Runescape has changed a lot since the first time that I played it, ranging from the tutorial all the way to how they make money. I know for a fact that the game isn't going to stop changing, and with a new skill for both members and free to play on the horizon, that it's not going to slow down any time soon.

12. bailey 1118

bailey 1118 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    the best thing about runescape is the variety of stuff to do. If I wanted to cut a tree, I can do that. If I wanted to turn the logs i got to a fire, I can do that. If i wanted to pk with some good friends, I can do that. And skill are another thing that is. if im not big on killing kbd (king black dragon) i can cut evil yews, make a house to live in, and i can have my own pet or familiar to summon. so the best thing about runescape is the variety of stuff to do.

and if you dont think that stuff is fun there is also player killing and slayer skills. there is also many places to pk in runescape. so again another variety thing even with pking. and slayer a skill that you kill monster and get some rewards from it. there is also clan wars which you have your own clan to have and another clan you try to defeat. and fist of guthix. a game where you are either hunted or you are the hunter, and the hunter tries to kill the player with a rock so the player won't get charges to win. so theres even variety in killing to.

another thing thats good about runescape. skill capes. if you get level 99 in a skill you can be able to buy a skill cape from somewhere. the skill capes come with emotes that you can do and it proves that you have the level 99 in the skill you have completed.

13. pvplahing1993

pvplahing1993 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    why i like Runescape

why i like Runescape is because it has skills what do train.Because those skills are very different for others MMORPG games.Other cool Runescape feature is that you can listen Build in Songs and there are lots of songs of can unlock during gameplay,i like Runescape because it has long gameplay it gets udaptes,and it creators are really good gamemakers,and one more thing why i love Runescape is its HIGH detail which is very cool and awsome!
    thats it.
    bye.

14. Loui

Loui Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Things I like about Runescape:

The improvement: When I started playing the low detail that is now active would have amazed me. Runescape has done a massive amount of improvement which just keeps me coming back.

The activeness: Runescape always has new updates. Every 1-2 weeks, if it's more than 3 weeks it is usually something big that benefits everybody or something great for the low or high leveled Runescape players. They also have small updates every week, such as Penguin Hunting, Ring Master, Tears of Guthix ect. Thus making Runescape much more unique for other games do not update as often.

No Classes: When I first started playing Runescape I was amazed, because in the MMORPGS that I've played you have to chose, Mage, War lock, Barbarian ect. In Runescape you can go from a Mage to a warrior and back to an archer. You can even switch all three around when PvPing. In other games you also had a few skills, but Runescape has 24 Skills that ANYBODY CAN DO. Unless you chose to be a pure or something and chose not to.

The world selection: Lots of games have servers. Like, Iceridge or Battle rock and you can't play with new people. Example, "Hey! You play ----- also?!" "Yeah, what server are on?" "I'm on Iceridge level 99!" "Oh.. I'm on Battle rock. Want to switch to my server?" "No. I'll have to start all over :(" Or you can pay money to get it switched, but still. Runescape has worlds, which means "Hey, you play RS?!" "yeah!" "let's go to world 18 and PvP sometime!" "Sure! add me!"

PvP: Although it seems alot slower, it is alot of fun. Especially when Hybriding, Tribriding, or just soloing in Edgeville by yourself. It is really fun when you are fighting an opponent and they aren't prepared for the item or spell you're about to cast!

Taking down the bots and gold buyers: I Love this about Runescape because other games ( not saying any ) do not care or have any idea that their users buy or bot gold/skills. Runescape bans these people and makes it fair for us :)

These are just some of the magnificent things I love about Runescape.

15. Chaoangel2

Chaoangel2 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    What I like the most in Runescape?
    What i most like is that you meet very different kind of people who you can talk, also there is alot of minigames that you can play woth your friends like Duel Arena and Fist of Guthix and a lot more.
    Also there are a lot of quests that include a story in it, not like other games that only give you instructions to complete or something, also what I like about Runescape is that the graphics are breath-taking they have been improving a lot on the graphics and have putting more attention to the F2P players by adding a lot more of things on the F2P servers like the Duel Arena who wasnt (in the past) alowed to the F2P players and i think that when that time was every Non-Member player passed there always wondered what was in there.
    Also i like the skills cause what would be Runescape without the skills it got now?
    For Example, If you are bored you can woodcut or train a lot more skills (Even if they cost some gp :D) like magic, Range and more!

This is what I like the most in Runescape

Hope I Win

Chaoangel2 :D

16. riderstein

riderstein Ogre Newling

Credit:
    The best thing about runescape

My favorite thing about Runescape are the quests. Runescape is categorized as an MMORPG and so it naturally competes against other names like WOW and Lord of the Rings. To compete against these top name brands, Runescape has to focus a large amount of its energy in creating the most creative, interactive, mind-challenging, and original quests on the MMORPG platform. For example, the quests in games like WOW start with a mission that mainly focuses on killing monsters for "quest items." These quests are usually bland and don't add anything to the overall game play. Instead of this, Runescape chose to rise above this bland formula by giving every quest an interesting storyline and witty dialogue to keep its gamers entertained. Runescape's quests challenges the gamers to think and solve challenges in order to complete a quest. This method gives meaning to RPG and increases the overall game play. As such, when it comes to quests, Runescape shines above all other MMORPGs.

17. fruit202

fruit202 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Top 6

Before I begin I would like to state that the reason I made this a top 6 list is because I thought it would be more appropriate for a thread than the essay I was originally planning to do. Also I will not address the issue of cost because it doesnt actualy affect any gameplay.
    So in no particular order here is my top 6 list for Runescape

No.1 DEVELOPMENT
    At the time of this writhing I have logged 1,620 hours in the course of over 5 to 6 years. I started at the end of the life of Runescape classic and have been there since the beginning of the Runescape we know now. Believe me when I say that in that time I have seen Runescape grow so much. One of the reasons I still play is because I find it fascinating how much this game continues to evolve. I will admit that have seen my share of less than great updates but i'm confident that Jagex is doing what they think is right and support them fully.

No.2 INTERFACE
    Here I’m talking about how you actually interact with the game. I just love that I can play this game one handed most of the time. Some say that the game can’t be fun if all you do is point and click, but what I say is that sometimes having a simplified control scheme is more fun than a complex one like other mmo’s.

No.3 SKILLS
    I can honestly say that at one point or another I have spent countless hours leveling up every single skill and if you saw my stats you would see that I still have a long way to go to maxing them. The reason for that is that I find myself consumed training in one skill, when my interest is sparked by another skill and start training something else. It’s really satisfying to know that there is always something else to do so you don’t get bored of any skill.

No.4 QUEST
    I have yet to see a game to take the route Runescape has taken with their quest. I have played other mmo’s, WOW and Maple story to name a few, and in those games quest consist of things like “kill x amount of those creatures” or “bring me x amount of those mob drops”. But with Runescape you can see that the focus of the quest is the stories they tell (the quest involving fremennik people being personal favorites. The get the feeling you actually helped someone when you finish a quest. Also another major component of quest is the more quests you do the more you unlock such as new skills, new areas, and even new ways of transportation!

No.5 COMMUNITY
    For the past few months I have been playing RS pretty much alone with very little interaction with other people, but that’s just my personal preference at the moment. But a few years ago I was in a clan called Saradomins Army and I had an awesome time being part of a group. There was always someone to talk to, we had clan events that were so much fun and people you could friends. Even if you aren’t in a clan it’s easy to strike up a conversation with someone because most of the people are friendly.

No.6 ACCESSIBILITY
    I could not write a list for why Runescape is a great game without mentioning the fact of how accessible it is. Many people, including me, would not argue that the fact that Runescape does so well is because it is a browser based game. I started playing when I was young kid at my local library getting only an hour to play RS daily. I would make the 2 mile round trip just to play. From then on I would continue to play RS on many different computers including the family desktop computer, my laptop, at many friends houses, at my school, and even once during the family vacation to Mexico!(not on my laptop)

p.s. glad i found a great website to share my love of runescape =p

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2009
  18. Vertual Lord

Vertual Lord Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Now when will we know who won?

19. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    This contest will run until Midnight Central tonight:).

You will be able to tell that the contest is over because the thread will be locked.

Until then, everybody is still free to enter the contest. The winners will be posted in this thread over the weekend.

20. DaDay123

DaDay123 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I <3 Runescape

Do you guys know why I love Runescape? I love Runescape due to the fact that it is the most popular game. I love the new quests, the minigames, the new friends you get to have all over the world. I also love the new skills you get to train and once you achieve level 99 on that skill you get to have this awesome cape. you can also do this special emote called "skillcape" I only have 1 skillcape and that is fletching. Another thing i like about Runescape is the songs. I like the songs due to the fact that they are really cool. When you unlock 500 songs you get to do this special emote called "Air guitar". It is a cool emote where your playing a guitar in air!

This is why I love Runescape:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.