1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

RuneScape vs. Free Realms

Discussion in 'Online Game Battles' started by ogreman, Dec 4, 2009.

Which MMORPG is better?

1. RuneScape

35 vote(s)
    72.9%
  2. Free Realms

15 vote(s)
    31.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  2. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Free Realms is better than Runescape. I have placed detailed reviews describing why. :)

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Great reviews on both RuneScape and Free Realms:).

4. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Yeah, I did much more detailed and longer ones than I normally do for MMORPG Showdowns.

5. Eviran

Eviran Big Brute The Pit

Credit:
    If RS had not won last year it would have been like MS this year...out!

Free Realms is to RS what WoW was to EQ.

6. mandecklord

mandecklord Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Free Realms all the way runescape has bad graphics

7. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I have to go with Free Realms. Both have millions of players and can be played on almost any Pc but Free Realms is on a roll. Eviran may be right with the EQ-Wow comparison.

8. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Free Realms! If it wins all my predictions are in the second round:D.

9. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
  10. Joker

Joker Ogre Hall of Fame Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Not me:(. If RuneScape loses here, I am down by 2. RuneScape is the most popular free MMORPG in the world right?

11. Shira

Shira BamBam

Credit:
    FreeRealms is not that fun anymore with the Level Caps of 5 in each job, they should really increase the cap because it's not "Free" anymore!
    Why compare this game's graphics to RuneScape? Your not thinking about gameplay at all >:/

+1 for RuneScape!

12. anymotion

anymotion DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Voted runescape over Free Realms. :p

13. Pire666

Pire666 MMORPGer

Credit:
    100 % Runescape

It has much more Game Content and you can play it for so much longer.

I play for over 4 Year and i am not bored at all :laugh4:

But i like this Trailer better.
    Maybe you can check this one out.

Search "Gielinor" in Youtube.
    Info: Gielinor = The name of the land of Runescape

Greez Pire

14. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    @Elwood
    Yes, it is popular, but it has had a very long time to gather players bored enough to play it and carry on playing it (I have no idea how these players don't die from boredom at endlessly training a skill), and it was one of the first REALLY low-resource MMORPGs that could be played inside the browser, so naturally, a lot of people went to it. And also, a lot of people start playing it, then quit after a while once they get bored of it (quickly), and these people help bolster the numbers up.

@Shira
    HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT BECAUSE THE FREE CONTENT IS BAD THEN ITS BETTER THAN RUNESCAPE?????????
    Runescape's free content is WORSE, there are only like 10 quests in Runescape's free content, then it's just endless grinding. Free Realms at least provides fun for MUCH longer than Runescape does (yes, its free content).

@Pire
    Yes, of course, Runescape has much more game content. If you count the years you could spend endlessly grinding every skill to level 99. Personally, I wouldn't count that, no. If you just count the fun stuff, I would think that Free Realms has more game content.

15. Pire666

Pire666 MMORPGer

Credit:
    @awesomedrako

Runescape has about 175Mil. Acc. created since lunch.
    And atm 10 Mill Aktiv Player.

And there is very much to do, not just skilling, there are many minigames,
    150+ Quest with great Storylines and many Skills to train, you can build your own house, invites friends, Kill some Boss-Monster, Hunt treasures etc...

And yes Skilling is sometimes boring, but in Runescape you skill with friends or talk / chat with them all the time.
    The great chat-system, that connect every Jagex Game to each other is a big +.

So you can talk to your buddys even the dont play runescape at the moment, maybe they play Chess or Arcanists on Funorb.

Greez

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  16. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Virtually every MMORPG has a decent chat system, it's not that hard to implement one. Also, chatting to friends relies on the community, and whether your real friends plan that game or now.

150+ quests, and some minigames, FOR MEMBERS, and even 150 will run out eventually. Then you might as well quit.

If you play free, you get like 10 quests, and NO minigames.

17. Pire666

Pire666 MMORPGer

Credit:
    There are 150 + Quest
    about 20 Free Quests

I have done all the Quest and you need about 1 Year to do all of them (no Nolifeing) (The Quest are real Quest and not "Get me this .... and come back" they have real Storylines and Puzzles)
    Every week there are Content Updates and every month they release 1 or 2 new Quest.

4 Free Minigames = ClanWars / Fist of Guthix / Great Orb Projekt / Duel Arena

But never mind, i dont want to discuss in this thread :p

This is my opinien :)

18. Shira

Shira BamBam

Credit:
    Awesomedrako, RuneScape's free content is longer if you just skip the quests and do them later. FreeRealms has some repeatable quests, as a player I do like their quests but I don't want it to repeat too much. Fun stuff does not matter when RuneScape has more "Fun Stuff". (in older terms: mini-games)
    I bet your the kind of player that skips to the main quests and never learn what skills you could have done.

And Awesomedrako, RuneScape's Free Content gets four mini-games and it's much longer if you put lot of effort instead of skimming to the quests.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2009
  19. drake1980

drake1980 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    Sorry I voted freerealms, and I can right now list the reasons

Back when runescape was in beta and even before they had membership I started playing around then, back then there wasnt techecaly as much to do as there is now, not to mention just to wear runeplate you had to complete the dragons quest, and couldnt get that till you had enough quest points to enter the heros area. Even though the graphics are not the best in the world the bad part on runescape is how its played, the game if fully quest based to even get anywheres in the game, not to mention things like mining and such had some overhauls that just made it more hasle than fun, i know one of the highest levels i had was in mining. But this isnt about if runescape fails though or what, in its way its a good game. Runescape though compared to FreeRealsm has had lots of time to update and get work done on it FreeRealms though is only been out for maybe just about less than a year ( came outta beta in april I beleave. )

Now why I vote for FreeRealms over Runescape, wasn;t the whole pay modle cause the priceing wise between these two are not that differnt in how much for membership, and even though they did change the free jobs around and made it into job sampleing ( witch probly isnt a good idea ) FreeRealms as room to grow in ways that Runescape will never even go. Also even if Runescape did go in ways to update like FreeRealsm would you can bet its for members only hands down, with the whole job sampleing thing or even if that one day gose back to like it used to be FreeRealms has potenual to accualy release stuff to the free playing players. Upset by bugs in FreeRealms guess what back in the day when Runescape first came around the company had the same issuses with having lots of bugs, hell even lots of threat of your runescape account getting hacked ( although anygame with this can really be subjected to that risk. )

Gonna narrow it down I think in the future with the right direction FreeRealms has the potenual to go where Runescape will not go, give FreeRealms the time that runescape had and I bet alot of the opions here will imedeatly change. Sorry but time will tell if this is wrong or not but chances are good I am somewhat right.

So for the fact that its got huge open potenual for added gameplay, and with time bugs will get fixxed, FreeRealms get my vote.

20. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    RuneScape currently has the lead in both Review Scores and Forum Voting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.