1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Runescape vs Maplestory Debate

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by xeias, Dec 14, 2008.

Do you think maplestory or runescape is better?

Poll closed Dec 24, 2008.
  1. Maplestory

16.7%
  2. Runescape

83.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MongGook

MongGook BamBam

Credit:
    Is there any need to compare these? I can't think of any games that are less similar...

...perhaps their young player base? But I'd hardly consider that a selling point.

2. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Really when I compare two games, I PRIMARILY compare ONE thing. It's fun factor. Because that's mostly what's important to me. Graphics, download time, and all the other things come later. Price of the game I normally disregard because I'll always be biased to free games that way.

To me, it seems Runescape is the funner game, simply because it has funner quests. It has a large world to explore (I like exploring massive worlds :D). It also takes longer before it descends into a grindfest, though it does descend into a grindfest eventually. If I factor in the price, even then, Runescape has funner quests, still has a large world to explore (though only half the size of member's world), and STILL takes longer before it descends into a grindfest. I know, because I have played both games before.

For fun factor at least, Runescape wins.

3. rsandmsplayer

rsandmsplayer Ogre Newling

Credit:
    MS or RS?

Ive played both games for a very long time. First off I really don't think there comparable. If I had to quit one game however, it would definatley be RS.

You say that RS has loads of different skills but you do not mention that some of the skills have to be payed for. While many people do pay for things in maplestory none of them have to for the game. Unless you really want to have fun you have to pay five dollars a month for extra quests etc.

You also said that Runescape has no limits. Unless you pay for that five dollars a month than RS has limits. While you still have skills you can do they are incredibaly boring. Even with the quests you can still get bored really easily. As a non member I have finished every quest I can do and none of them were really fun at all...

In MS Ive never run out of things to do. Bosses do take awhile to spawn and you do have to use pots but thats the same thing as food in Runescape... Also there are different channels you can switch between in MS so you don't always have to wait for bosses to spawn.

Additionaly MS has party quests and other things you can do in a group. In Runescape I have never done a single thing with other people to help me level up a skill faster. In fact in RS when mininig other people just get in the way and make it take sooo much longer to level up than normally so you just switch worlds over and over again...

Another point I have yet to make is this:

MS has lots of keys that all have functions and can be configured. In a single fight with a few monsters you may have to press up to 5 or more keys to defeat them all.

In RS every skill comes down to this ... ... ... ... click ... ... ... ... click ... BORING...

If every single skill comes down to clicking are any of them really that different?

Ps sorry for gramatical errors lol

4. sergioowns1

sergioowns1 Little Spike

Credit:
    Runescape is way better than maplestory in terms of fun...
    Over 10 minigames
    Quests
    Clan chat that makes the game more fun to play
    A lot of skills even if they are "all the same" you can do it with friends
    And a competitive atmosphere

What good is a mmorpg without a competitive atmosphere?
    Btw if you play runescape Join "king cut" clan it's very friendly and not filled with noobs :)

5. stephstar101

stephstar101 DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    Well, both have grinding, so that's bad for both :p but I have to say Maple is more fun because there are just soo many more things to do even if you don't have nexon cash, whereas in Runescape most of the fun is taken out if you don't have a membership.

6. Elfen

Elfen Stuck in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    I've played both and it's funny how all of you blow a game off righting you review your all like maplestory sucks but runescape has running so instead of talking about why maple sucks lets talk about why runescape is awsome. I think maplestory is better just because of the fact that you don't click the whole time but runescape is still a good game and is very unique if runescape wouldn't be a browser game and would improve there graphics and get rid how they changed everything like trading limits and stuff because thats what made me quit anyways they're both good games.

7. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    runescape is 3d, maplestory is 2d that tries to be 3d, meh.

plus you gotta download maplestory, runescape just saves a file on your computer. java something 32. since its a 32-bit game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.