1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Rusty Hearts Video Review

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by ogreman, Nov 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
  2. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    He is quite negative ;o

3. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think he was a little too harsh, but at least he had a sense of humor about it. XD

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yes, it was more negative than I was expecting. Thought it would be more like the one for League of Legends.

5. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The way he edited the first few minutes was funny, though. Although I didn't really agree with a lot of what he was saying, I found myself laughing pretty hard.

6. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Nelson can be a little bit on the non-fluffy-bunny side sometimes. He's been coming in to play Rusty Hearts with me on my off-nights as part of my #GameWithMe sessions now and then so I'd heard most of this already.

Compacting it all together into one video, though I guess that's a bit too caustic.

I think we'll pull back on his leash a little bit for the next video. :shy:

(You can see me running around in this one, in fact; destroying all that moves until its twitches no more.) :charming:

7. Kingsfield

Kingsfield Taken a Room in the Pit The Pit

Credit:
    Are you that gunbunny? xD

8. Kytsune

Credit:
    Ah yes, that would be me. I'm probably also the reason why Nelson says, "Destroys everything. Forever." Because I have a tendency to one-shot half the room as soon as they spawn. :)

9. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    This video was picked up by the Rusty Hearts Facebook page:). Surprisingly, it has received only likes so far. Thought with the negativity in the video that it would be treated similar to the one on World of Tanks.

10. Kytsune

Credit:
    I think we might be seeing a cultural difference between the players who play World of Tanks and those who play Rusty Hearts.

WoT is a PvP game based around squad-based combat, it will tend to breed heavily gearheaded players who look at things as a type of tactical examination, numbers and priority are important. As would be a sort of solidarity. If a single member of a group strongly dislikes a thing, the peergroup would probably also then dislike it just to go along. That's what we saw in the 8k views on the WoT video.

Rusty Hearts, however, is a bit more zany and it doesn't describe itself with so much competition. The game itself has a passionate no-holds-barred atmosphere where the characters themselves are kinda picky snots thrust into a town full of lunatics and jerks. The storytelling itself provides this sort of attitude and without a strong PvP-only mechanic, there won't be as much clannishness. In fact, I can see Rusty Hearts players much more willing to laugh at the game's flaws and embrace them as their own. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.