1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Server Merge Information and Patch Notes

Discussion in 'Perfect World' started by Supernatural, Oct 19, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Supernatural

Supernatural LiveStreamer Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    [​IMG]

Server Merge

[​IMG]

We want to be completely transparent and give you guys all the information you'll need to get in to Rusty Hearts and keep playing. Very few players will be affected by the server merge directly, but you please continue to read below for more information.

Will I lose my character names?

East 1 and East 2 have shared the same name database since their inception, therefore each name is unique and you won't have to worry about losing your identity. Players that may have issues with this merge have already been contacted. If you believe you might be affected by the merge, please check your spam folder to ensure your email didn't get trashed.

Why are you merging?

While both servers have an adequate number of players, we want these servers to have more parties and more competition. By consolidating the servers we are able to get more players in a centralized location to cultivate a better and more cohesive community.

What will the new server name be?

The new server name will simply be "East."

What will happen to our personal storage and warehouses?

Your warehouses and personal inventory will be unaffected; everything will appear just as you left it. Additionally, your character's equipped items and inventory should be kept as-is without modification. In the unlikely event that something goes missing, you can contact customer support for help.

What will happen to my items in the Auction House?

Items in the AH will remain intact and will be unaffected by the merge. The two individual AHs will be merged and available to everyone on the newly forged server.

What if we have more characters than slots once merged?

Your 4 highest leveled characters will be taken and set to your account. The only exception to this rule is if you have a lower level character that has made a cash shop purchase in the past.

When will the server merge occur and how long will it take?

The merge will occur during maintenance October 18th, 2011 at 7pm. We expect this process to take approximately 3 hours, but it may finish sooner. We will be working as quickly as possible to expedite this process. If it appears that it will take more time to complete the merge, we will notify everyone on this very page as well as our forums and Facebook.

2. GameOgreVideos

GameOgreVideos Game Ogre YouTube Channel GameOgre Developer

Credit:
    Server Merges usually arent a good sign. This is the first time I think I have seen PWE do one too.

3. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    They deleted a lot of good names I had. I was most displeased... :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.