1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Simple review for Azuga closed beta

Discussion in 'Free MMORPG' started by gamingkay, Aug 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gamingkay

gamingkay BamBam

Credit:
    (It’s my first time to write a review, please give me some feedback if you finish reading it :))

Game: Azuga: Age of Chaos
    Genres: fantasy mmorpg, 3D
    Publisher: PlayOMG

First, Azuga is not exactly a "new" game. Few months ago, the game developer EYA actually released a global version called Titan Online. Unfortunately, it didn’t last long. Another thing to notice is that the publisher for Azuga is a new publisher: PlayOMG. As what I have seen in their website intro, is an overseas branch of a Taiwan game publisher. These two things made me interested in finding out what kind of game Azuga really is.

Azuga is another fantasy mmorpg with martial arts as theme, just like World of Kung Fu and Jade Dynasty. In terms of graphic and game effects, Azuga is not impressive at all. What keeps me playing is the complicated skill & specialty system. When I opened up the skill window, I was kinda confused since there are lots to be learned. For skill part, it is further divided into skill, formation, and Titan. (My level is too low so I can only share about weapon skill part.) For specialty part, there are combat, speed, and life skills.

Skill:
    All skills can be learned via purchasing skill scrolls. Azuga isn’t class-based. It offers six kinds of weapons for players to choose from; there are corresponding skills for each weapon. It seems that there should be elemental features in terms of attack and defense, but I don’t really get it. (There are elemental resistance / attack stats on many items.) Other than physical skills, there are also magic skills such as devil’s flame, ice drill, and healing skills. Overall, Azuga provides quite a free combination for players to develop a unique character. (My level-15 character learned 3 kinds of bow skills, with one defense magic and one water-based attack magic.)

Specialty:
    Specialty is divided into combat, speed, action, and life. Only combat, speed, and life specialties require skill training points to learn. (You get both exp points and specialty points when hunting mobs.) Here’s the interesting part: in combat specialty, you can enhance not only basic HP, MP, or weapon skills, you can also enhance certain elemental attack/ defense. With this design, I guess the elemental features should be able to multiply damage for the corresponding magic skill. For example, if I enhance water combat skill, my ice drill should be delivering higher damage. (not sure about weapon skill) Other things I’ve noticed in specialty part are “combine item†and “power up item.†I only have combine item skill now, which enables me to produce armor, weapons with collected materials. (Failure rate is quite high since my combination skill is only lv 1…don’t have enough specialty points to level up.) For power up, it says this skill can add additional abilities to item. The required level is 20, so I’ll update more info on this later.

Overall, the skill& specialty system design of Azuga is not bad. For people who don’t care that much on graphics, this should be worthy to try. Oh, another interesting thing is that, there are only few people playing the game. It’s quite weird to play an online game with only a tiny bunch of people in it. :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.