1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

SMITE Launch Tournament Results and Recap

Discussion in 'Smite' started by Mordekaiser, Apr 4, 2014.

1. Mordekaiser

Mordekaiser Dealer of Death Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    [​IMG] The year 2014 has been an exciting and eventful year thus far for SMITE eSports. And this past weekend certainly helped to contribute to that.

The top 4 teams in each region were invited to Atlanta, Georgia to compete in the a 3 day, double elimination tournament for a piece of the $200,000+ prize pool. The tournament celebrated the official launch of SMITE which brought together the community and top teams all in one location. It was certainly an epic event for everyone involved.

[​IMG]

After days of fierce competition, epic plays and amazing jukes, we have our tournament winners! The results and prize pool break down goes as followed:

1st - Team Solomid:
    $104,596.80
    Five Intel i7 4770K Processors
    A trip to Shanghai, China to compete in the Tencent Games Arena in June.

2nd - Team Dignitas:
    $52,298.40
    Five Intel i7 3770K Processors

3rd - COGnitive Gaming:
    $30,507.40

4th - SK Gaming:
    $13,074.60

5-8th - Cloud 9 HyperX, SNIPE, Denial eSports and Team Coast:
    $4,358.20
    [​IMG]
    We here at Hi-Rez Studios want to thank everyone in the SMITE community for making the launch of SMITE as successful and awesome as it is today. Without you, we wouldn't have been able to have such an awesome event.

We uploaded each and every match to our SMITE Pro Youtube channel in case you missed any of the action or if you simply want to take notes on some of the best players in the world.

Stay tuned for future announcements on SMITE eSports. We have more planned over the next year - bigger. And better!

[​IMG]

Download Game

2. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit: