1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Splashfighters Idea Contest

Discussion in 'Contests, Events, and Giveaways' started by ogreman, May 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    SplashFighters and GameOgre.com have teamed up to offer this 'SplashFighters Event Idea Contest' ~Your idea can come true~.

Three Winners:

1st place: stupified
    2nd place: tianhui
    3nd place: hjf200x

Rules:

1. Post your best idea dealing with current game features and systems in this thread.
    2. The idea can be inside the game or out.
    3. You can add screenshots to the thread if you want. http://www.gameogre.com/forums/ogres-hall/909-guide-posting-screen-shots.html
    4. You can have more than one idea, but the ideas must be your own.
    5. This event will end on May 30th.
    6. Only 3 winners will be chosen for the prizes below.

Examples of Event Ideas

-Review contest idea with various themes.
    -Event can be hosted by user itself. (There is possibility we will invite the user as event host.)
    -Comic Play contest (In Game, Guild members play a comic play instead of fighting and send the movie.)
    -Other novel ideas

And ideas should be posted with a detailed process on how to do it. However, prizes description do not need to be so detailed. Something like '1 rare accessory for winners' is enough.

Prizes:

1st place:Happy Crown (30days) + Gold Squeakey Hammer (10) + The Moon
    2nd place:Happy Crown (20days) + Silver Squeakey Hammer (10) + The Star
    3rd place:Happy Crown (10days) + Bronze Squeakey Hammer (10) + The Star
    (30days)

[Happy Crown]
    This amazing crown doubles the amount of GM you can earn just by possessing it!
    Amounts increase even further if equipped in matches.

[​IMG]
    A gold squeaky hammer only awarded to living legends.
    May fetch you a small fortune if sold...

[​IMG]
    A sliver squeaky hammer only awarded to champions.
    May fetch a considerable sum if sold...

[​IMG]
    A bronze squeaky hammer only awarded to veteran fighters.
    May fetch a fair price if sold...

[​IMG]
    The Moon. Nothing more, nothing less. Fills the body with the energy of the Moon.

[​IMG]
    A star. Nothing more, nothing less. Fills the body with the energy of a star.

2. Benboy6

Benboy6 MMORPGer

Credit:
    I'll like the trading system for Splash Fighters. That way if friends can trade things and test them out. If they liked it, they might buy it. Also I'll like the room idea from Tailand or Taiwan Get Amped(I forgot which). This way, people can see how creative you are and your friends and you can hang out there. :) There are more that I want but these are the ones that I want most.

3. TehPieGuy

TehPieGuy Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    I'd like a safe gifting system where you enter the username of the player you want to gift to and buy the B like you'd normally do.

And a trading system may be nice but you cannot trade B for GM accessories because that'll lead to multiply account abuse because of the B event.

Also a trading channel where you can buy people's accessories but Splashfighters have to monitor the prices in case of suspicious activity.

And also (i'm getting a lot of ideas lol) achievements ex. Win a 1 on 1 deathmatch with fighter
    payout:____GM or B depending on difficulty of the achievement.

AND a really hard challenge where you have to kill dangerous bob and his friends at the map of colosium for a special accessory at first then 5-10 B or 3000GM each time.And the difficulty would be 10/5 hehe and you would have to face them all at once not 1 on 1.(this would be part of the death factory storyline somehow) probably it should be the last level.

A tournament match called Amped Tag Match. So I'll try to explain quick, there is no health limit in this so you can't get any kills or death but can deal and receive hits. Basically at the starting a random person will be named "it" "it" has to hit other people to be it. If you hit it you get more points than you would if you hit a normal person.If you hit a normal person you would get normal points.If you do nothing for a amount of time you lose point and if "it" can't hit anyone for a amount of time he/she would also lose points.You can't play Amped Tag matches in maps in which you can fall off.The time of the game would be normal time of a regular game.Again you cannot gain or lose health,and the prizes for it would be different ex. Tagger award: 200pts or rapid running award -50 and so on with the normal awards.

And items should probably be able to be sold.

And a pirate class and there should be exclusive to pirate accessories such as double guns, cutlass, cannonball etc.

A mode called Amped killing spree where they give you a amount of time and you try to get a killing spree. ex. you kill 10 people in a row without dying. When players die they respawn. How to win: get the highiest streak before the time ends.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2009
  4. jennie121212

jennie121212 MMORPGer

Credit:
    :D

I think a gift system would be great! You could give B, accessories, items,
    styles, ect. Also some more challenges and maps. I have an awesome idea for a challenge! Ok...there is an enemy army, made up of OmCy dragons,
    OmCys, Apes, Colonel Murder, Dangerous Bob, and Sergeant Slayer,
    Noburu, Linda Bobo, Jorondo, Witch Yoko, ect. Than you have an army of all players, (8 people max). Well, the enemy army should be random, (8 enemies max). So there is a big map, and the only thing that I would REALLY want on the map is a tree you could jump on to hide or for Androids, charge.:) You and your army have to defeat the enemy forces.:) I hope you enjoyed my review!:) Thank you for reading it! :D Btw, my in-game name is(drum-roll)
    Bridgette! :) :D :) :D :)
    I just came up with this. Add more avatar stuff, like more orange stuff! Maybe more things should be GM, not B. Here is a new tournament idea: Elimination. Someone has a bomb on them, and they hit other people, when hit, they get the bomb. After a certain amount of time, the bomb EXPLODES(boom!), and whoever had it is out. Last one standing wins! 8 people can play. I hope I did good, and I hope you like it! :D

Orange rulez, just like Splashfighters~*

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2009
  5. Allegory

Allegory Ogre Newling

Credit:
    If Splashfighter has the trading or gifting system, it will be awesome.
    Also, if there is a system that we can pay a lot of B and combine two accessories.
    Also, if there is some kind of town which can basically let anyone to join,
    and there are some npcs popping out in a huge map, and everytime we kill the npc,
    we get some GMs :D, like RPG games

6. Soloist123

Soloist123 Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My Idea would be that people that play splashfighters can have more ways to get GM and RM/B.the death factory is a nice way but to slow!i would like to have 1 that u can choose a mode (Easy),(Medium),(Hard) and have to kill 1 boss on Easy.2 Bosses on Medium.ANd 5 bosses on Hard.on easy u get 1000gm or 50RM every time you win.Medium you can get 5000gm or 100RM.and hard you can get 10000gm or 200RM.
    P.S.:Bosses can be like Nickey,Linda,Fabrico,Bob ect.

7. Astruilz

Astruilz Ogre Newling

Credit:
    My idea is to splash fighters to be implemented many new fixtures, new styles, maps and challenges have so much more fun in the game, yet nothing too bad would not put a system of exchange of things and that in most There are always games and because I believe that this change or simply buy things that do not use with new ones that you would like to draw atention.Also challenges that give a little more gm not take much to meet, what happens is that when you give you a mission and return GM to be and does not give you anything, so the truth I am very disappointed, I think that we should do this more interesting to implement a system that fence up the intensity of the mission depending on the time that the had successfully completed and obtained the same number of gm.

Well these are my ideas and I hope they are liked, were created by me, are completely original.

Cya

8. tianhui

tianhui Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    INTRODUCTION:Thoughts from The Thinker, Ideas for you.

A Few has already came up from the top of my head.
    These Ideas have been Checked The Date they are posted, They are all original ! Additional Ideas Will also be check on their post date.
    Some of these Ideas may seem a bit simple, perhaps insignificant, but Small changes can make big differences.
    Maybe the Management team has already thought about an Idea, Well Now it’s time to get it done.
    The Ideas Here Will Help Splash fighters:
    - Attract More Players.
    - Increase player Satisfaction.
    -make the job for the Management Team Easier.

Ideas In Grey Have Been Removed but are still claimed as "original" so no one can copy it.

PLEASE CHECK Ideas Daily, Updates will be indicated at bottom of submission !

1.ADVERTISEMENT: The Practical, Tactical, All-you-can- attract, Section.

1.A : The management team has already done a decent job in this field, once in a while i do skip over an Advertisement. One Method of increasing players would be identifying you gaming audience very carefully. Where Would potential players dwell? What Sites? What Age span? Use Banners, Promotions and whatever you can come up with,

Recommended Sites: Japanese Comic Sites, Gaming Forums, Massive Video Sites, Blog sites etc.

1.B: Using Excerpts From Independent Reviews and Other Independent Websites have been proved to be useful when you advertise. You can also post them on your website, Remember, first impressions are very important.

" 10 out of 10 " - *******.com
    " A must try! " - *******, Reviewer For *****
    " Surprisingly Addicting" - ******.net
    "Graphics are Deceiving! Must Try this Out!" -***** from *****

Add these to your Ads, and you might see a difference
    Include these in your advertisement banners and On your website.
    Make Sections For these things as you did with “Hot Topics” and “Top Ranked Players”, Fixed Displays.

1.C: Similar to the Excerpts, Get Testimonials or a Players Review or Experience. Now, I mean an actual review, a short summary of the player's story with splash fighters. Make it a contest? Up to you. And Remember, Potential Players Do not care about (xx+xc+zc) nor how to make a skin. Those Items Belong in a separate section Called a 'Players Guide'. These Guides, and other information can be conveniently Organized in a Forum (see. 2.B). Post Excerpts from these reviews/stories On your website, Make sure you have a whole section for it, Don't Just display it on a newsletter, those disappear in time. From the Excerpt you can have a small hyperlink labeled as "[read full review/story]"

Here Is an Example: " At First I was Skeptical But Now i wish I had started Earlier !"
    [characters name, started 'month', 'year']
    [Read Full Story]

How You Label this section is up to you.
    please make the distinction between a players review and story.

1D. Hosting contests to increase your popularity: To Do This I'd first recommend your own Complex Forum (see. 2. B). If Not You can always do it here On GameOgre. Do Video Contests, Review Contests, Publish these works on Youtube and on your own site.

1E. Referral System: Similar to the one the site already has, modified of course. When Users Introduce New Players, New Players must have a character, if they reach, say, a Wolf Rank, the referrer receives 15,000gm, when they get to a tiger they get 25,000, so on and so forth. Measures for preventing training duplicate accounts won’t be really needed if you make it hard enough.

1F. SplashFighters Own Community Blog Site: Use Facebook, Twitter, MySpace to your advantage. Embed A banner on the official site to encourage Fans to add splashfighters as a friend or become a fan of it on their own personal space. This method allows the players to advertise the game w/o doing much. Although you may also need to moderate these pages, It's not too much work. Announce events by updating Status. This May really help SplashFighters atttract new players.

1G. Splash Fighters Review Contest two: Since the team has past experience on this, i recommended establishing a second review contest in the coming months or so. Of course, This is must be a FORMAL (can't emphasize this enough) review. Must look professional, where the contestants should revise and edit they're own work. It should be something you would be proud to publish. Convince an Affiliate Gaming site as professional reviews of the game, title these writers as "Guest Reviewers."

2. Renovation: Fundamentals, Necessities, and emphasis on the Basics

2A.Ingame Private Chat System: It’s a simple function, and it’ll make it more convenient for users to chat with a specific user instead of them chatting in the general talk. Although we may have the whisper function, I believe it’ll make it much more convenient if we had a chat system. Like Many other games you would be able to double click a player’s name on the User List and On Their Profile There should be an “invite to chat.” The Button is only functional if the player is waiting in a room (not “ready status”) or is in the lobby. The requesting player must wait for the Receiver to accept, once accept the players can talk to one another. Receiving player does not need to leave the room. If the game starts that chat window will close and the requesting player will be notified that the receiving player has started a game. To Prevent Requesting player to spam, You can only request the same person to chat with you Once every 10 minutes, These preventive measures are flexible and are really up to you. But they would make everything more enjoyable.

2B. Official “complex” forum: As the game expands more players will be playing, therefore more will need help. Build a complex forum, like game ogre, and have many sections And subsections ranging from Guides to Introduction, From Guild Halls to SPAM, Help Section to Suggestion and Feedback, a complex forum will bring the community Together and Solves LOTS of problems. You allow players to help one another. Although you might Need Forum Moderators (I would gladly Volunteer) I believe it’s worth a try.
    If you would still like to keep Affiliates, Don’t do your events on your own site. Announce it, but host it here at Game Ogre, or in an another affiliate Site.

2C. Weed Out the Corrupt Authorities: While Many VGMs have been helpful and beneficial to the community, there are the ones that abuse their authority. Many have become unpopular, many have been conducting ‘intentional slips’, and have allowed friends to Break Rules. For my own safety in game safety and reputation- I will not point to anyone. Please be proactive about clearing up these VGMs.
    2D. Requirements for advance Classes: Too many have asked me how to unlock the monk style, Requirements for items and Styles to be explicitly displayed. Again, emphasis on that ‘Guide’ part of the Complex Forum.

3. The Other Great Things We Can Accomplish: Cool Features I Suggest.

3A: Monthly/ Weekly Lotto: Every interval of time each player can buy one Lotto Ticket (max: 1 ticket per interval). The price is set by the management team. At the end of the interval, participants of the Lotto will be randomly selected, Number of winners up to team. They would win the total GM used in buying the Tickets.
    3B. as the game development progresses I encourage releasing some Accessories as GM, I see that the team has already been doing so, Good Job, Keep it going! This is important because most accessories in shop are for RM, lack of GM items will deteriorate new players.

3C. New Tournament Match: Infiltration.
    Simple, Blue Team Defends While Red Team Infiltrates.
    I have a diagram I created hear. I shall explain what each Color and number means.

LEGEND
    RED: Red Team. (infiltrating)
    Blue: Blue Team. (Defending)
    Green: (NPCS that help defend) NPCS may vary from maps to map
    Yellow: Goal of red team. Must attack 10 times (may be changed), only attackable after all NPCS are defeated.
    1: area where red team starts off
    2: First battle area, Red team must defeat all defenders (including NPC) if they wish to break the doors.
    3: Final Room
    Arrows: Means areas where players can move

[​IMG]

NOTE: 1. This is an EXAMPLE of a possible map
    2. This is a rough sketch. Obviously it can be changed
    3. Many things can be added, some would include, turrets, Items etc.
    4. Get creative management Team!
    5. I drew this example by using the program: Paint.

Well Those are some ideas I came up with during the last 10 minutes or so.
    Will Be Updated.
    Posted As of 5/13, All original.

Additional Ideas might be added, Date Will be indicated.

3D. Seasonal Sports Tournament:
    I wish i thought of this earlier: Seasonal Sports Match. Determine the length of a season (e.g. 1 month.) Each month, on a weekend we would host a Round by round Sports tornament, once a week. Each round will have 2 teams, 4 people a team. At the end of the season we would have the championships. Each Month his has specific sport, Basketball Season- Play-off, and Finals (see. NBA); Soccer Season with the finally of the Amped (world) cup; , and flag capturing season. Be Creative, make the ABA ( Amped Basketball Association), ASL (Amped Soccer League) ETC. Make the Theme of Each Monthly Tournament one of your affiliates, e.g. "This Tournament has been sponsored by GameOgre (or w/e affiliate you wish). Just Like the Amped Tournament You've Hosted Recently, players must sign up beforehand. Organize these players into Teams. Instead of confusing room letter like ROOM A, and then K. Try Naming the Teams in your charts. Rooms would Be PR (Primary Round) Rattlesnakes vs. Tigers; Or try SR (Secondary Round) Tigers vs. Dragons (assuming Tigers Win an advance to secondary round. Further rounds can be organized as TR(third round) and *F* [Finals]. These round can be either hosted once a week (totaling 4) or all at once (not recommended). And Since this IS a monthly or seasonally thing i would recommend reward items and GM instead of Accessories, well that up to the Management Team i suppose.

The Winning Team of the month win be announce as the champions, During the next season of their sport, they must defend their title in the Final Round.

3E. Story Line Contest:
    Since Every Game needs a storyline, Why not host a Story Line Event. Allows contestants a chance at writing the story line. Of Course, the requirements must be more strict and rigid. Story line should correspond to the actual in-game NPC characters such as dangerous Bob and Jacky Nouborou. Chose your favorite, then display it on a section on the left side of the website. Under [GUIDE] Have Your story section. Publish the contestants Work, Contestant must be responsible for Revising and Editing their own work in such a Contest. How Ideal Story line should be is up to you, Although i do have an Idea, I shall keep it to myself as this could be a potential competition :).

Note: All ideas are Just rough sketches, They can and many will be modified for optimal Effect.

3F. Monthly Screen Shot Event:
    Host a monthly Screen shot Event : Have rewards for [Funniest Screen Shot], [Most Chaotic Screen Shot], [Screen shot of the month] etc. Rewards for small events like these should be small as well. Include reward like 25k GM or a rare item (not accessory) or something. Announce the winners every month. And display these In the Websites gallery ( currently, Only a few Screen shots are shown there !). This should be more of a routine than Event. Every month a player can submit 1 Screen Shot for Each Award (funniest, chaotic, of the month, etc), winner announced end at the end of month.

3G. Video Contest: In the Coming Months: Establish a Contest dedicated into finding the best Video. Allow an Extensive time period. Find a Video That shows what Splash fighters is all about. Reward players for participating, creating a video is a big effort in most cases. Reward top 3 Videos with decent prizes. Winner can only only submit One Video into the actual contest (they can make more). Give Honorable Mentions.

3H. Video Contest To compile a Guide Library: if the Management team does manage to establish a complex forum, Their guide section may start off quite empty. Instead of doing it themselves, the management team can have the Community of Splash Fighters do it By hosting a Series of Special Video Contest in which the management team must announce a few stages (challenges) or problems (technical, bugs, etc) and contestants will create Tutorial and helpful Videos. Award Modestly and give all contestants a small reward for their effort. Compile Qualified (not necessarily winning) videos in your Guide section. This can be done in the coming months with intervals of 1 month or so.

3I. Item GM draw: Make a GM draw based solely on rare items. Of course due to the nature of the prizes the price for the draw must be dramatically smaller.
    (e.g. 700gm, 500gm.) There is a Chance to win powerful items such as slayer sword x5, rocket launcher x5, Purple light saber x5, etc. If the person drawing does not get it, then they get a more common such as the ones in the normal GM draw. Just an idea that came up. Of course this can also be done with Ultra rare items using RM. must be a lot cheaper (e.g. 50 Rm, 100Rm).

3J. Character Fame System: This one might need to be developed from scarps. But it should be relatively easier than creating maps and all: Introducing the Player Fame system. Each character starts with 0 fame. If they do nice things, other players can fame him. If he's is a jerk, players can also chose to defame him. One individual can only fame or defame another individual once a month. Just a simple click on the person's character profile, and you have added or subtract from his fame. This idea was inspired by an old game i played, maplestory beta.

3K. Fan art contest: Players do real-life fan art (paintings, pencil drawing, sketches, etc). Scan they're work or take a picture and Enter it in a contest. Do this every number of months ( or any other interval.)

Edit: added 1F. 3/13 5:28- all ideas Original

Edit: Added 3D, 3E, 3F. 3/14 1:35- all ideas Original

Edit: Since Team request for more Tangible and practical Ideas, I have removed New tournament round: Infiltration.

Edit: Added 1G, a few fixes. - 3/15 1:19- all ideas Original

Edit: Added 3G. 5/16 4:36 -all ideas original

Edit: Added 3H 5/16 4:43 - all ideas original.

Edit: Added 3I. 5/17 4:00- all ideas original

Edit: Added 3J. 5/19 6:25 - all ideas original

Edit: Added 3k. 5/29 6:07- a bit similar to an idea linksfirstson.

Irony: These Ideas i throw out will help others Win Huge prizes in the Future. T_T
    -Tianhui

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2009
  9. tianhui

Credit:

As Much as I Would LOVE that to happen.
    We all know that is not possible. :(

10. DarkGuy

DarkGuy BamBam

Credit:
    My idea is that SplashFighters should have a Trading/Gifting System. Or maybe like a Free Market where you can go in to many diffrent rooms that has diffrent people selling items and they decide how much its worth(Just like FM in Maplestory). And people can make rooms that anyone could go any time execpt when its full(Just like GunZ). And I hope they make more Challenges to get more GM. I also hope they make a challenge to get infinite RM/B/CyberBux everytime you do it. And can they make challenges where you can get random RM Accesorries/Styles. Thats my idea. I hope you like it!~♥~

11. TehPieGuy

Credit:
    I don't want it to happen i just want to win this contest for the moon.The star is useless for me since I already have it.

12. tianhui

Credit:
    The Items You've bought in Beta are permanant O.O?

13. TehPieGuy

Credit:
    Only that 1 it was 5k at that time.

14. tianhui

Credit:
    Wow Nice

btw, i think we should continue this discussion In the SF discussion thread.
    ogreman will probably delete these..

@ogreman: whenever you want to

15. Rebirth

Rebirth Professional Kimchi Eater The Pit

Credit:
    I have been waiting for this "thread/contest"!

It's kind of like DarkBoy's and JohnBW's combined.

You have a like a grand exchange SF version. For example, if you have say, a Dimension Glove and you don't want it anymore, you have TRADE the Gloves for Demonic Mask + Hurricane Fan + 5000GM.

Kind of like Runescape and Maplestory together :)

Will be coming up with more ideas.

16. dragon730

dragon730 Big Brute

Credit:
    A Trading and Gifting system would be great to have in Splashfighters because many of my friends that help me I want to give them stuff but I can't for example they helped teach me and get more gm from challenges. You should be able to trade acessories that are the same price so it would be fair for both people. And maybe from fights you should get a little more GM from winning because it's hard to gain a lot of GM from winning games. But I hope there are more ways to get GM and some more kinds of fighting in the tournament mode. Like Tag Team matches against other people a 2 vs 2 where you have to like either die to get the other person back it or tag there hands.

17. dragon7300

dragon7300 Banned

Credit:
    OMG THAT GUY ALMOST HAS MY NAME!!! Anyways I think that it woul be better for more ways to get GM. I like the idea of the trading system because I have a lot of junk that I don't use in the game and would like to trade it or sell. Selling is kind of a rip off because it sells for a lot less then what you paid for.

18. PhillipMe

PhillipMe BamBam

Credit:
    I think haveing a gift/trade system would be a very good event idea or also have pets that can do damage or also a day where they sell B items for GM and GM items for B and there should also be this very hard boss that give B

19. Psychicboy

Psychicboy Ogre Newling

Credit:
    ...Gift system

This game is very good.It could use a gifting system just incase friends want to gift each stuff.Yeah that would be nice lol:cool:

20. Rebirth

Rebirth Professional Kimchi Eater The Pit

Credit:
    Another idea is accessory sampling. If you have NO IDEA what an accessory does and you want to know what it does, you can get say like [Dragon Claw] for 1 hour or something.

Once, I had no idea what an accessory was and I spent 299B on it. Worst mistake I have ever made.

It should be 1000GM for 1 hour, 2000GM for 2 hours, etc, etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.