1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Stronghold Crusader 2 release date

Discussion in 'Game News' started by ivekvv256, May 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ivekvv256

ivekvv256 Ogre Legend The Pit

Credit:
    Release Date Announced

We are proud to announce that Stronghold Crusader 2 will be released worldwide on September 2nd 2014! In the below statement Firefly Co-Founder and Design Lead Simon Bradbury explains the company’s decision to release the game at this time:

“We are thrilled to finally give Stronghold players a release date for the game. Fans of the Crusader series have high hopes for Crusader 2 and although many want to get their hands on a copy as soon as possible, it was never our intent to rush the development process. Since the beginning of the project we have maintained that Crusader 2 will pop its head above the parapet only when we are happy that it is truly ready for battle. Well now we think it is almost there, we are about to go into final testing and have recently been confident enough to demo our baby at public events such as EGX London, Rezzed and PAX East. We will have a sequel worthy of the Crusader name come September 2nd.”

- Simon Bradbury

The September 2nd release date will be a worldwide simultaneous retail and digital release. On launch day Stronghold Crusader 2 will be available both online through Steam and in stores, with a physical copy of the game on offer to fans looking to add Crusader 2 to their collection. Both editions of the game will be exclusive to the Steam platform, requiring the software to active. Please note you will still be able to play Crusader 2 offline by setting the Steam client to offline.

I am so happy about this, and can't wait to finally play it. ^^

Here are also some pictures about it, if you have never tried out that game there are previous Stronghold games that are really good such as Stronghold 2, Stronghold crusader.... and there is also a online stronghold game called Stronghold Kingdoms.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2014
  2. Snupix

Snupix BamBam

Credit:
    I rly wait this game ;)
    <3 stronghold <3

3. cemex

cemex Espion Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    so much improvement on this legendary game, i hope that i will play this game

4. ivekvv256

Credit:
    I hope so too... Though I didn't find Stronghold 3 to be interesting. Many people didn't. Thats why this Stronghold will have same gameplay such as stronghold crusader, but the graphics of SH 3.

5. BlackDayton

BlackDayton DA BIG CLUB

Credit:
    For me Stronghold is best strategy game

6. ivekvv256

Credit:
    I agree with you. It probably is the best, it is fun that's for sure. Only thing that I would want more of that game is more campaign... I mean I can pass it in 1 week of regular play. But the gameplay is awesome! :)

7. cemex

Credit:
    for me age of empires is just a bit betetr then stronghold, but this is awesome give, i expect really good work on this game

8. ivekvv256

Credit:
    Age of empires was fun for me, but I had most fun with these 3 games:

1. Stronghold games
    2. Age of mythology
    3. Age of empires

Those are my best strategies I've played. :)

9. cemex

Credit:
    played all 3 of them and these are best strategy games i ever played

10. najdan11

najdan11 Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    Finaly,Stonghold is one of the best strategy!

11. Shokata

Shokata Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It looks so nice ! :) good game

12. Korni

Korni DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    The best strategy I've played. <3

13. ivekvv256

Credit:
    "Good morning, Crusaders!

While presenting the E3 build of Stronghold Crusader 2 at E3 2014, we couldn't help but notice your eagerness to try the demo yourself. To this end we have decided to run a new competition giving you the chance to play the Crusader 2 E3 demo, which was previously reserved for press. Not only that, but one of the peasants in the game will receive your name! The competition starts now and the deadline for submissions is Sunday 29th June at 23:59 BST.

For YOUR chance to win, simply create a video demonstrating your love and passion for the original Stronghold Crusader. This could be the story of how you became a Crusader fan, a re-enactment of an actual Crusader battle, why you love the game, a homage to your favourite characters, a demonstration of your strategic skills or anything else you can think of! Simply upload your video to YouTube with the title “Stronghold Crusader Competition – [Your Chosen/Player Name]” and send the link to [email protected] before 23:59 BST on Sunday 29th June. Please do not forget to include the contact details of all participating team members in your e-mail, otherwise we will not be able to get in touch should you win the competition.

A selection of the best videos will be posted to the Stronghold Crusader 2 Facebook Page on Monday June 30th and players will be able to vote for their favourite video by 'liking' the video on the Facebook Page. The video with the most Likes by July 6th at 17:00 BST will be the winner and shortly after the video’s creators will receive access to the E3 demo on Steam. Only videos created and submitted in the time between June 18th and June 30th will be considered for the competition and up to three players can submit a video as a team, meaning three possible winners from the voted winning team. The winners will be announced on Facebook, Twitter and at Stronghold Crusader 2 on July 7th.
    Good luck!"

I can't wait to see who will win this, you will have your name on the one of the peasents if you win! :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 19, 2014
  14. Vrcinac

Vrcinac Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    HOLY MADRE THIS WAS FIRST GAME I PLAYED WHEN I WAS A KID :OO i mean first crusaders not this one :p ty for this news man!!!

15. ivekvv256

Credit:
    Sure, no problem. :) One of the older games I played aswell.

16. arZ

arZ Banned The Pit

Credit:
    wow ... great!
    Stronghold is one of my favorite game ...
    "Archers readyyyyy" "Find the taaarget" :D

17. Dragan945

Dragan945 I'm the Gamer ;] The Pit

Credit:
    I hope to this will stronghold be like first part... only classic is best of this all :)

18. Velja99

Velja99 Elite Ogre New Ogre

Credit:
    Wow , will play it :)

19. ivekvv256

Credit:
    Here are some more good news for guys that don't have so good computers (including me xD)

Minimum System Requirements

"When we first announced Stronghold Crusader 2 one of the first pieces of information released was that the game will use a newly enhanced 3D engine. By this point the team was so experienced with the Havok Vision Engine that learning something completely new and moving away from 3D would be a waste of that knowledge. Our stated goal with Crusader 2 was to create the best 3D Stronghold game yet. We wanted the playability of the 2D titles in a 3D space and our enhanced version of the Vision Engine provided us with the tools needed to achieve this.

Naturally a concern for players at the time was 'Will the game run on my machine?'. This is a fair question and of course we are aiming to get the game running on a wide range of systems, performance being just as high on our list of priorities as bug fixing. With the game currently in beta and as such feature-complete, we have already had time to focus on optimisation and performance testing. As a result, we have been able to determine the minimum system requirements for Stronghold Crusader 2:

Operating System: Windows® XP/Windows Vista/Windows 7/Windows 8 (latest service packs) with DirectX 9.0c
    Processor: Intel Core2 Duo 2Ghz or equivalent
    Memory: 2GB RAM
    Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800GT 512MB or AMD Radeon™ HD 2900XT 512MB or better
    Storage: 6 GB available HD space
    Internet: Broadband Internet connection"

And here is another picture! :)

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 10, 2014
  20. Smiley101

Smiley101 BamBam

Credit:
    Can't w8 for it,i played all parts,love this game. :))))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.