1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Terraria: Guide for new Terrarians!

Discussion in 'Terraria' started by Crownknight, May 16, 2015.

1. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Welcome! :) sense I play so much terreria nowdays I thought I would share a little knowledge Ive learned and share it by making a guide! Look in this thread to find some videos and what I've learned so lets get started!

Starting out:
    When you start you have 3 things 1 Copper Shortsword 1 Copper Pickaxe and 1 Copper Axe use the Axe to chop trees Pickaxe to mine blocks and sword to fight Green slimes that drop gel.

Build a home:
    Chop down about 5 trees (or as many as YOU want) then build a home press Esc instead of asking you to quit you will see a full inventory and a little crafting menu click the torch to craft a torch it says you will need (unlike minecraft which doesn't tell you what you need) 1 Gel (from slimes) and 1 Wood (from trees) then make Wooden Walls (1 wood makes 4) make about 32 (enough to make a decent home) then use 10 wood to make a Work Bench to craft more items. Then craft a wooden set of gear (that's right wooden gear) and make a wooden sword and hammer mine 20 stone to make a furnace stone is very common so it is easy to mine a lot EVEN on the surface.

Night: Zombies and Demon Eyes (beware new players!) will come out at night and attack you, be prepared! You will need to make a door out of 6 wood so zombies don't get to you and light up your house also. When night is going by occasional falling stars drop from the sky! These are used in a star cannon and a Mana Crystal and more.

Mining:
    To mine just dig anywhere you want to from a straight way or to a cave (Terreria is 2-D so you can see if a cave is below you or right next to you) Mine for copper and iron and last of all lead look for chests too as well as silver these are all very useful.

Bosses:
    There are generally 3 bosses to go for as you advance (however I'm not going to say all the bosses in this guide just ones with important drops) Make at least Iron or Silver or Lead armor a before facing 2 of these bosses. The third take better armor for him you should go for gold armor.

Battle Arena:
    The names of the bosses are Eye of Cthulhu,Eater of worlds, and Skelitron.
    Set out a flat arena for Cthulhu a large platform area for Eater and a flat area with the old man who when you curse spawns Skelitron.

Drops:
    Cthulhu:
    30 - 87 Demonite ore or Crimtane ore
    1- 3 Crimson or Corruption seeds
    60.87% chance of Binoculars
    10% chance of trophy
    13.87% chance of mask
    Unholy arrows if in Corruption world
    5-15 Lesser healing potions
    Eater:
    78-138 Demonite ore
    Random # of Shadow Scales
    Skelitron
    Free access to the dungeon the Old Man was guarding before he turned in to Skelitron.

Well I hope this guide helped you out a little bit hope you enjoyed check the wiki for more! (This was not a copy and paste)

Check these three videos for more on the bossfights! :)
    (Note the Cthulhu video says you need 10 lenses but you need only 6 And also in the three videos none are made by me of course)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=agFEcio37T4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NA4zFHK1ubI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy_M2yWPfbY

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2015
    brankomiljus20 likes this.
  2. axwellshm

axwellshm Ogre Extraordinaire The Pit

Credit:
    This is really good guide to the game. Thanks :)

3. paksupro4

paksupro4 Ogre Prince Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    So much thanks :) and GJ for guide

4. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Excellent post, Crown:).

5. Crownknight

Crownknight Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
  6. GioLegenda

GioLegenda Elite Ogre The Pit

Credit:
    It will help me,ty :)

7. brankomiljus20

brankomiljus20 Ogre Warlord Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    yea, this is one hell of a guide, i like how detailed it is, GJ :)