1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

The Inevitable Bad Card Code

Discussion in 'Budget Gaming' started by ogreman, Jan 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Well, it looks like I could be done with a certain retail key site lol. Not going to name names as it just happened and could be worked out. Also bought many games and cards there in the past with no problem at all.

I went last night to buy some $10 Xbox Live cards for the Xbox gold sale that will end soon for like $7.67 with no shield which is now over $3 per item. I bought two from two different sellers and both worked fine. Well I saw something else I wanted for $10 and bought that instead of what I planned on. Figured no problem, I will just buy another one:).

Well, the problem was that this last card code had already been used. Never came across it before but you are basically out of luck if you have no shield and the code is bad. The seller has 10 days to just respond and then they decide after that lol. Had to do something else for the sale and ended up buying Rocket League and Ark for about half-off each, but I am going to let this bad code issue decide whether I use this site again or not. If I just lose my money (about $8 or so with tax) without a working code, I will be done as a buyer there. You don't even get an email after filing a dispute, and I cant say anything when rating the seller either despite having a box just for that lol.

Happy with the stuff that I got despite this, but I guess it was only a matter of time before I bought a bad code from somebody. Now, it is simply a matter of waiting to see if the site or seller can rectify this one problem. If the problem is fixed, I may buy there again. If not, this is my message as a former customer:). :clubbed

2. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Ok, update: This dispute has been resolved in my favor as the seller is issuing me a refund:).

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    The refund was sent:). They said it would arrive within 24 hours and it did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.