1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

USB Car Charger?

Discussion in 'Gaming PC' started by ogreman, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Admin Post
    ogreman

ogreman Ogre In Charge Staff Member GameOgre Admin

Credit:
    Happened to have a new At&t car charger from some auction still in its little plastic and box. I don't have any of the phones that the car charger part is for, but I could of course use the USB charger that is also on it:). So I basically clubbed the car charger part and kept the USB part lol.

The question is will the USB part still work without the charger cord that was basically just hanging off the charger? Haven't tried it yet and did not want the phone cord part.

https://cdn.a4c.com/media/catalog/p...27136e95/a/t/att-iphone4-carcharger-whole.jpg

2. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    If I understand right the black part has a USB on it and you removed the cord with the iPhone connector? It should work, if you did cut the cable though maybe be careful that end isn't live when plugged in... dunno if it would supply power by default or only on draw.

3. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Well it was a different phone connector not for the IPhone.

It said something about taking turns while charging so I figured it would not get a turn if it was cut-off:). Didnt really need it unless the USB charger works so that's why I did it. Also, is much smaller now:).

4. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It probably meant both can't be used at the same time, plugging just into the USB port would of worked every time.

5. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yep, that is what it would do. I guess I need to just try the USB part in a car to see if it works or not now. It is much more convenient without the charging wire:).

6. Djordje Badric

Djordje Badric Active Member Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    In the flood my only option was to charge my phone with USB car charger

7. Admin Post
    ogreman

Credit:
    Yea sometimes during emergencies or certain situations, that is the only way to charge some items.