1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Ogre Game Time!!

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Rantzr, Jan 27, 2013.

Would you like to play Vanguard: Saga of Heroes in an Ogre Game Time?

1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rantzr

Rantzr Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Vanguard: Saga of Heroes Ogre Game Time!!

I brought this game up to Ogreman since most of the F2P restrictions have lifted, and he thought it would be a good idea for an Ogre Game Time so if you agree please vote "Yes", and post saying it as well!

====================================================================================================================

What is Vanguard?

Vanguard: Saga of Heroes is a fantasy, massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) set in the vast world of Telon, an ancient world of magic, intrigue and adventure. Facing the challenges of a war torn world, the diverse people here struggle to rebuild their once great civilizations. A fragile alliance has been struck, and with the lands set upon by invading forces, the races must band together to survive. Telon is in desperate need of heroes. Your journey begins now. Join a community of thousands of players online as you traverse a breathtaking landscape on the back of a dragon while exploring the grandeur of a world designed by the seminal fantasy artist Keith Parkinson. Create and customize your character from 19 races and 15 professions. Battle fierce opponents with a groundbreaking, dynamic combat system that forces you to react to your opponents as you tie together devastating combinations of attacks. The challenge awaits the boldest of heroes.

No Boundaries: Explore an epic seamless world. From the smallest dungeon to the highest peak, if it can be seen it can be explored.

Limitless Customization: In a world of thousands, carve your own unique destiny and appearance with an unparalleled character creator and by choosing one of 19 different races from Orcs and Goblins to Dwarves and Elves.

Forge Your Own Path: Choose from one of 15 exciting classes including Paladin, Ranger, Sorcerer, Psionicist, Bard and Rogue.

Immersive and Interactive: Vanguard's unique, dynamic reactive combat system allows you to build chains of special attacks and reactions with Openers, Bridges and powerful Finishing moves.

Ride or Sail Around The World: With dozens of unique mounts to collect, you can race into battle on your warhorse, command the skies on the back of your dragon, or join friends and embark on a sea-based adventure to discover faraway lands.

Play Your Way: Advance your character as an Adventurer, create items as a crafter, talk your way to the top as a diplomat or do all three with the same character.

Open Market: Collect essential materials and use skills such as blacksmithing, alchemy and shipbuilding to create valuable and powerful items to sell in your shop.

Home for Sale: Make Telon feel like home by staking your claim on a piece of land and furnishing your own house with unique items.

Free-to-Play (Summer 2012): In Summer 2012, register and play Vanguard at no charge, with optional content available for purchase.

====================================================================================================================

Unique Features:

Brotherhoods: The Brotherhood is a system that was designed with the goal of allowing friends to play at different times, and/or different amounts of time, but still be able to stay within the same level range of each other. Simply meaning: A group of people that split EXP evenly, even when others are logged off.

Caravans: Players can unite to form a Caravan, a group for traveling together. With the permission of the leader, a player may join the caravan for offline travel. When you log back into the game, you will have the option of starting at the point where you logged off, or at the nearest bind point of the caravan leader. This way you won’t have to spend, what could be hours traveling to another part of the world just to rejoin your group of friends. You may even be able to purchase or build a wagon to follow your caravan carrying supplies and loot for your party.

Other Features:
    Guilds
    Fishing
    Player Housing
    Player Boating
    Crafting
    Diplomacy

Links:

F2P vs P2P Chart
    Vanguard FAQ

WHAT ARE THE PC SPECS FOR RUNNING VANGUARD?
    Minimum system requirements:
    Windows® 7, Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows® Vista
    Pentium® 4 equivalent or greater
    1 GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce 7800/ATI Radeon X800 Pro
    DirectX compatible Sound Card
    56.6K + Internet Connection
    20.0+ GB Available Hard Drive Space
    DirectX 9.0c

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2013
  2. Rantzr

Credit:
    Anyone? 27 views and not even a comment :(

3. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I voted yes :D

What are the system requirements?

4. Rantzr

Credit:
    Thank you :D

WHAT ARE THE PC SPECS FOR RUNNING VANGUARD?
    Minimum system requirements:
    Windows® 7, Windows® XP Service Pack 2 or Windows® Vista
    Pentium® 4 equivalent or greater
    1 GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce 7800/ATI Radeon X800 Pro
    DirectX compatible Sound Card
    56.6K + Internet Connection
    20.0+ GB Available Hard Drive Space
    DirectX 9.0c

5. Webber

Credit:
    20 gigs would not be a prob for me but others have pretty old rigs :p.

Do you like Vanguard better than EQ?

6. Rantzr

Credit:
    Awwwhs :(

I've only played EQII, but yes, a lot more.

7. Webber

Credit:
    I could be wrong on the rigs tho...:drummer: I will ask in OB :D

8. Rantzr

Credit:
    I haven't gotten much response here, I don't think I would there either to be honest lol.

9. Webber

Credit:
  10. Rantzr

Credit:
  11. Webber

Credit:
    Cool i hope we can play

12. Rantzr