1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What are sticky threads

Discussion in 'Forum and Site Support' started by HeadHunter, Aug 30, 2014.

1. HeadHunter

HeadHunter MMORPGer

Credit:
    Hey i saw peope getting points for sticky threads can somebody tell me what is the difference?

2. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Sticky threads are threads that have been stuck to the top of the forum, so they show up at the top of every page in that forum. As far as I know people get 50 points when their thread is stuck, though I don't know if it's removed when the thread gets unstuck later. People can purchase a one week sticky from the forum shop here.

3. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    Just checked, you do lose the 50 points once it's unstuck. Stickied threads can help you generate more points than normal from a thread for the simple fact the thread is more visible therefore more likely people post in it therefore more points. That said stickies are quite expensive and just because a thread is more visible doesn't mean people will wanna post in it.

Are stickies a way to generate points... honestly in my opinion, no. It'd be a waste of points for that purpose.