1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think about AQ3D communities getting special capes?

Discussion in 'Adventure Quest 3D' started by Snowy, Dec 4, 2017.

1. To start off this thread, I would like to mention that this thread isn't meant to attack any community, but rather to understand what everyone thinks about the idea of community-based capes in general.

A little backstory, Artix began giving out special capes to a community called AQ3DMemes. There has been some controversy over Artix's decision, but do you think the decision was right, or maybe you have a solution in mind that would lessen the problem? After the backlash, Artix did create a form for communities to fill out which seemed to have lessen the controversy as other communities could partake in these special capes.

Now I think what Artix is doing is good, but I don't think what he is doing is right since it did stir up a lot of controversy over social media. Some alternate solutions I could think of that wouldn't be as controversial would be giving different communities the same cape to give out, maybe a cape called a "Unity Cape" to show unity in the AQ3D community as a whole. Another idea, though more complicated, is to have a cape or a banner in-game that can be customized, or designed, by communities, guilds, factions, etc. (sort of like how faction banners work in EpicDuel as players are given a preset of designs, but as a back item).

What do you think?

Rex likes this.
  2. fallenCrest

fallenCrest Big Bad Ogre The Pit
    1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I don’t have a problem with it. They’re promotional items for people who not only promote AQ3D, but give to the community. Building a fun community with AE is a great way to get players to play our game. I say “our” because although AE owns this game, we the players have also built this game with our support. We make the game possible. Just as those who buy DC’s or supported kickstarter, we are able to use these to buy special items because of the support we gave them. These other community members who promote AE in their own individual ways like Estia or AQ3DMemes support and build the community as well, sometimes out of the kindness in their hearts, fun “extras” or even by helping players and keeping them informed. If the developers decide to allow them to get/give promotional capes for their support then I 100% agree with them. They did good allowing people to submit forms on the things they do to support/promote AE. I think big-name groups, and those whom AE deems important get their own promotional capes. Those of lesser extent should recieve a “Unity” cape just as you call it because I think that’s a great idea, but just for the individuals involved.

Allowing them to give away capes is fine by me as well. I’m a hardened collector and would love an AQ3DMemes cape because I think the page is an awesome idea and contribution to the community and I will support them 100%. If I don’t then that’s perfectly fine with me, I will still continue to support and promote them. Now lets say Estia get’s their own cape. I think what they do is amazing as well. Although I am fortunate enough to not need to use them, or have the need to join them as a community because I’m semi-casual, I wouldn’t stress getting a cape from them. Though I would totally wear their colors in support.

Tbh, I believe AE’s decision, the meme capes, and the form does nothing to damage the community and only builds upon it. I think it was blown out of proportion and heavily exaggerated by many members which resulted in the backlash. I am not bias and I can see why they had a negative backlash against it. Although, personally, I do not think it was a huge dilemma and was consequently rectified by AE with the form which leads into the reasoning behind my opinion of this fiasco as an over-exaggeration.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017
    Rex and Blasphy like this.
  3. Blasphy

Blasphy Emperor Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    At first It was upsetting when I heard about the promo capes but after having a second thought, I realized that people are upset because of "Community: Why AQ3DMeme and Gameogre getting their own custom items while they barely stream and promote the game (Gameogre.) and FB meme got only 2-7likes on every post with 400 likes and yet they received 1,000 copies of their own custom cape? Why not MO , 2P! they do more promotion on their games and even wrote an article about AdventureQuest 3D." Even if they are inferior to those gaming sites, you can't deny fact that they are still promoting the game and they deserved a reward for that, and besides AQ3DMeme and Gameogre took initiatives to get their own custom items solely for promoting the game. The others sites can have their own custom item as well by contacting AE if they want to promote the game again.

I don't really see a problem here nor power to those sites who got their own custom items. The Community being salty as usual just because AQ3DMeme is not that popular It doesn't give you the right to tell them that they don't deserve a custom item(based on the enrage happened n discord chat). Artix was one of the admins of AQ3D Memes make sense why he supported that page. He also posted about AQ3D Community Creators to fill a form and submit your community page so they can review it. For the guild capes uhm pretty sure it will come, if you were present during Cysero interview he clearly said there that they are planning to do custom capes for guilds and even guild halls. I just find it funny about the community raging on a cosmetic cape and having an attitude of being superior complex. It clearly shows how stereotype is the community right now.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2017
  4. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I feel that it's okay to have special capes for different communities in my opinion so you can represent that community by wearing that cape to show that you come from that community like us here on the GameOgre forums do. I really don't get why people have to get upset about in game capes, it's not like AE is giving items which give advantages to specific people, they are just purely cosmetic capes and you shouldn't get upset about them.

5. valkangel

valkangel DA BIG CLUB Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    custom capes are okay.. as long as the ones being given the privilege of giving out the capes support and advertise aq3d then why not ? if other pages want the same custom items then it should be their prerogative to contact AE and strike some kind of deal im sure it would lead to something...

6. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    The cape is going into Melodia forever, for everyone later today.

7. I heard about that lately, and I actually like Cysero's idea more than my own idea. My idea was to have Meme Capes be replaced with "Unity" Capes to show that the community is united, but Cysero's solution sounds better, because it offers recognition to the AQ3DMemes community, but also allows everyone to be able to get the cape. It's fair game for both the players and the AQ3DMemes community, I would say.

This is also great for the AQ3DMemes community since they won't be forgotten after 5 years or so when new players visit the game. New players will look in Melodia's shop and wonder what the cape is all about. Even when AQ3D Memes capes are released today through Melodia's shop, I can imagine more and more players visiting AQ3DMemes since some players in-game aren't already aware about AQ3DMemes, but more players wearing the Meme Cape would help promote the community even more.

8. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Yep, that Meme Cape is now available from Melodia's shop so anyone that wants one should go there.

9. fallenCrest

1. Gaming Community

Credit:
    I totally agree. It was a great idea by Cysero. Your idea was great too, though. I think players who arn’t GameOgre followers, twitter or facebook followers will start to wonder about this new addition to the game and the new cape. It will spark interest into actually looking up AQ3DMemes than having a select few who the player might never see repping the cape (which they may quit or never wear again).

10. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    AE added a community cape shop in melodia npc hope that solves the problem now.

11. valkangel

Credit:
    Would definitely be a solution and if they add more community based capes (recolors of rare community capes anyone?) That would be great!

12. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    no way that would be kill the value of those rare capes. I don't want AQ3D to turn like aqw fashion although there are signs that it's happening.

13. herokae

herokae Spiked Club Ogre Regular

Credit:
    Now that all community capes will be available to everyone my biggest concern with that is now over.

14. valkangel

Credit:
    Ok maybe not just a simple recolor but with slight alterations in them...

15. LaughingCoffin

LaughingCoffin Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran
    1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    Its cool i think because they helped aq3d to gain more fame and helped ae team alot for me i think it is just right for them to be rewarded there's nothing wrong about being thankful for the help of the community gave they deserve it

16. Would be interesting to see other communities send in their own cape designs. I've already seen a couple of ideas from the AQ3D Brasil Community and the Estia Community. So long as the capes are available for everyone, I don't see any problem with adding more capes. It's only a matter of time until Artix responds to everyone who submitted a community form.

That is true. If the AQ3D Meme cape was changed to an ordinary community cape and every other community was given the same cape to give away, then the cape wouldn't be as special. I like that Cysero decided to make the Meme Cape available for everyone without having to change the cape into something else and having other communities have that cape away.

17. valkangel

Credit:
    Doesnt even cost anything as well to get so that's nice

18. Blasphy

1. The Lions Council

Credit:
    I can see these communities/YTchannels getting their own custom cape.

-GOLD RAVEN
    -ESTIA
    -AQ3D BRASIL
    -AQ3D Indonesia
    -AQ3D Discord
    -AQ3D Philippines

19. valkangel

Credit:
    The more communities, the better! Do you think youtube / twitch streamers can have their own capes as well?

20. Maelious

Maelious Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I think that enhancing the AQ3D community via some web-based service is great ...
    That said, I feel that these should be about badges and not ingame items ... not unless the service has really high impact ... in which case, an ingame item might be warranted.