1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of this video?

Discussion in 'MMORPG Videos' started by ALTO, Oct 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Conquer Online Super Guild War

[​IMG]

The PvP system is the soul of Conquer Online. Now, the horns are being sounded for the coming of the Super Guild War. From Oct 17 to Nov 15, you will be able to stand side-by-side with your guild-mates to confront the challenge from opponent guilds in a series of epic battles. For the winning guilds, fame, bounteous CPs and the Lord Token will be your rewards.

Meanwhile, a call to arms event is being hosted for players to summon back their old guildmates. You might win a chance to gain 430 CPs on the Event Page. Exiled veterans, your guilds need you now. Old friends are waiting for your return in Conquer, and to create new resplendence together.

Let your blood boil again on the battlefield of the Super Guild War!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Join Horse Race Tournament in Conquer Online!

The new Horse Racing mini-game will open at the beginning of February. Skillful riders will be able to join in this exciting horse race, to compete for precious Refinery items!
    Anyone who possesses a steed and has learned the mount skills is eligible to sign up for the tournament. In this fun filled event, you will find various types of items along the course; some can be used to boost your own mount, while others can cause a disaster to slow your opponents down! Using these items correctly is the key to winning the race! Just take a look at the Horse Racing Tournament trailer below.

Trailer

Before the launch of this exciting tournament, a special sale will be held for adventurers to prepare their mounts. The sale will begin at 17:00, Jan 27 and last until 17:00, Feb 8. During that time, players can purchase a series of Value Packs. All of you will be able to obtain various kinds of fabulous steeds and items at a discount price!

Note: The sale applies to both CO 2.0 and Classic servers.

Click here for the sales catalog.

If you are an old player or you know someone who is a veteran of CO, click here to gain your reward.

3. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    You might have a problem on this one.. Mark my word dude... I already have an experience about this event and it was so annoying! why? because on my monitor I'm the one who won the game but on my friend's monitor I'm not the one who got the first base..You have review or revise this event.. It is not good for you man...

4. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Oh, really. Did you tell a GM about this problem? I think that could be a little help. They are very kind-hearted

5. DarkJedi

DarkJedi DA BIG CLUB The Pit

Credit:
    I know that.. I think they are monitoring this thread well ^^ It is just a suggestion and who knows? It might work this event on their games :eek:

6. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    I haven't encountered that problem, lol.

7. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Conquer Online Classic Server Review

[​IMG]

Compared to most single-player video games, online games, especially MMOs, have a much longer life expectancy. The interaction and competition among the community can provide MMO players with sustainable

pleasures. Thus, many MMOs remain popular for years, even under today's competitive game market where new games are popping up daily.

However, players always go bored after repeating the same thing for some time, even for the most successful MMO. So it is conventional for developers to add new content regularly, so as to prevent their

players from burning out. Conquer Online, the most successful Chinese style MMO, is a good example. Released in 2003, this free MMO has renowned success with 7 language versions and millions of players in

the worldwide market. As six years have passed, many different features and sources have been added to update Conquer Online into the more modern version, Conquer Online 2.0. However, the side effects of

those updates have become more and more clear. Many veterans have been complaining the game has become too different from their cherished “good old days”, and they started to appeal to TQ Digital to bring

back the original version of Conquer Online. This idea spread fast, and had taken root among more of the mainstream CO players. After some railing from the community, TQ decided to release what they

called “Classic CO”, which is a combination of the current 2.0 client and earlier gameplay.

The first Classic CO server was released in Nov. 2009, and the players’ response proved the developer had made a wise move, as the server was just chock full of players. Inspired by the success of the 1st

Classic CO server, TQ has opened the 2nd server after 10 days, and the 3rd one is set to open on Jan 21, 2010. So what exactly is Classic CO? Does it live up to the mantle of the Good Old Days? In this

review, you may find out the answer.

[​IMG]

The Shopping Mall is gone!

The foremost change of Classic CO is the removal of the Shopping Mall. For a free MMO, the cash shop is a common, but critical feature, as it is the only way that the game developer can earn money from the

game. And it is the same in Conquer Online. Now in CO 2.0's Shopping Mall, one can easily find everything necessary to make a newbie into a superman if you would like to pay the cash. And many fevered

players would like to spend tons of money on this PvP-oriented MMO, just for the pleasure of slaughtering their opponents on the battleground. However, the flaw is also very apparent, as big spenders can

purchase uber gear and become some crazy powerhouse overnight, destroying game balance with their bottomless wallets.

In the Classic servers, the Shopping Mall was removed, and with it the ability to just buy your way to the top. Meanwhile, Classic CO only preserves a few quests in which pay users can consume their cash in

-game, such as Lottery and Gear Quality Upgrades. But this type of quest is well controlled, which makes sure pay users cannot gain excessive advantages in Classic CO. This forces players to get back into

the game. It is quite difficult for players to get good gear without hunting. Not everybody can obtain insane super +12 gear now.

Thus, without the buyable gear, here come the classic and balanced classes. You can work more as a team with your friends or guild mates to take out the stronger enemies you'll come across. Each class has

his own distinct purpose in the fight, and you'll do well to learn your role on the battlefield! There is no critical weapon that makes a poor strategy to win!

[​IMG]

Talismans... Battle Power.. All gone.

Apart from the Shopping Mall, Classic CO also removed 2 major features of CO 2.0, Battle Power and Talismans. Many comments suggested that CO's success is due to its PvP system as well as its vivid Chinese

cultural background. Compared to most MMOs published in the same era, players found CO's PvP system was very unique, with which one should focus on skill and control while not solely level and gear. Until

Battle Power (formerly called Potency) was added to Conquer in 2007, players started to find the original PvP gameplay was changing, and heading into the opposite direction they wanted.

Battle Power is a calculation of the character's overall attributes, like level, gear, social status etc, and is the key for anyone to become a winner in any PK field. For example, it is nigh impossible for

a 180 BP player to defeat 185 BP players, even if he has more PvP skill. Talismen, added to CO 2.0 later, amplified the effect of Battle Power, as high grade Talismans not only improve the character's attack

and defense, but significantly enhance their Battle Power. As a result, many old players find they never have a chance to PK or join in the Guildwar without good Talismen in CO 2.0, and just pop by Paypal

and hit the Mall to buy whatever they needed to improve their Battle Power, or buy that high grade Fan/Tower.

In Classic CO, Battle Power and Talismans are taken out, at the insistence of the community. Players can focus more on HOW to fight, and not just about how much. It all depends on your strategy, not some

numbers tallied by a computer or bulk-built Talismen. In truth, balanced PK in Classic CO is dramatically dynamic. You don't need to check Battle Power and will find no bevy of unkillable players, but a

complex system rising from the simple origins of tic-tac-toe. Each battle will also be different depending on your opponent's chosen skills, so it's never the same fight twice. And it is exactly what CO's

veterans miss about the good old days.

[​IMG]

Ninja Skill has been tweaked

Another major change in Classic CO is that the controversial Ninja skill Toxic Fog is removed. In 2008's New Dynasty expansion, the new class Ninja descended in the world of Conquer Online. As war brings

good business to a trained assassin, the current state of the lands of Conquer Online allows the Ninja to thrive. From a gameplay point of view, as well as a PvP oriented game, the damage dealers are the

most desirable classes for players. With its powerful skills and flowery design, the Ninja helped bring CO a significant influx of new players.

But not long after the ninja's release, the community started to discover that the skill Toxic Fog makes these masked warriors far more powerful than most felt was natural for the game. For example, if you

are poisoned by Toxic Fog, no matter how tough you are, you would continuously lose half your current HP, until it falls to 1. There's nothing like getting fogged and hiding, only to have a random noob poke

you for 1, which definitely made collateral damage more likely when you PK, especially around the cities.

Although most players admit the skill is overpowered, many non-pay players insist that the skill should not be tweaked as it is an effective resort against bulkers with high grade gear. As there is no

Shopping Mall in Classic CO, TQ removed the Toxic Fog from the Ninja class and veterans can again enjoy the battle royale without the tease of that annoying green smoke.

Other changes

In Classic CO, players are also unable to utilize DragonBalls to socket non-weapon gear or directly level their characters. Meanwhile, gems are much easier to drop from monsters. All these modifications aim

to make players get back the original feeling of Conquer Online. Back to the good old days of grinding to promote your character, not just bulking to build an unstoppable juggernaut.

Conclusion

New stuff does refresh the original content and keep the community vibrant in most cases, but more is not always better. After years of “updates”, old players may find their cherished MMO has become a

completely different game, and then people leave…

So maybe it's time for developers to stop filling their games with excessive new content, and try to help get back the original flavor of what made people want to play the game. Classic CO has made a great

example for other aged MMOs. Nostalgic veterans, welcome home.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2010
  8. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Conquer Online's Monk Trailers

Hi,guys. How are you?
    Here, i would like to share a piece of news with you: Conquer Online is going to release their 6th class-Monk on Dec 16th!

Want to see how monks play in game? Ok, check the following two trailers:

Trailer 1: YouTube - Free MMO Conquer Online Legends Return S3 Story Trailer
    Trailer 2: YouTube - Free MMO Conquer Online Monk Class Official PVP Trailer

More screenshots here:

1. Shaolin Culture, Unique Motions & Animation:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Wu Xing – The Five Elements: For the very first time, CO brings the concept of "Wu Xing" to the game. "Wu Xing" is actually the short form "the five types of chi, that dominate at different times". Water dominates in Winter, wood in Spring, fire in Summer, and metal in Autumn. At the intersection between two seasons, the transitional period is dominated by earth. As a master of "Chi", the Monk was endowed with all five of these elemental powers. This is a great benefit to the PVE battles, especially when confronted with the giant bosses! A Monk will add different elementary attributes to his teammates, in order to boost their Attack or Defense against them. Players need to strengthen their cooperation and keep adjusting their strategies, if they hope to stand victorious against the demons!
    [​IMG]

3. Monk VS Ninja:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. More Exciting Group PVP:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Unique Skill Combo:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. Brand New Rebirth Combo:
    [​IMG]

Coming soon, Dec. 16th!

9. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    Hey,guys
    My friend just finished a game trailer. And i need your help to have a view, and leave your great opinion here for a better version. Thanks in advance!!! :jester:

10. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
  11. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
  12. sasuke2490

sasuke2490 Clubbed

Credit:
    k thanks for the link.

13. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
    The Oldest MMORPGs Collection

Many players enjoy MMORPG. How about making a list for those oldest MMORPGs? This might help those who are interested in old MMORPG but don't know what are they.
    which you think really old but still worth to have a play? Just go and name them!

:angel:

14. Boss

Boss BamBam

Credit:
    I would like to recommend:

Ultima Online (1997)----As many player suggest
    EverQuest ---1999,a quite good 3D MMORPG
    Conquer Online--2003, Free 2.5D MMORPG (May 3rd, the 8th Anniversary)

15. MMOWiz

MMOWiz Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    cool idea for a list:D. dont forget the realm online

16. ALTO

ALTO Brute

Credit:
  17. Kytsune

Kytsune DA BIG CLUB Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I am no video critic, but for some reason the first one felt like it went on longer than it actually did; the scene work seems pretty excellent, but I believe the music perhaps is too internally repetitive and not punctuated. I haven't played the game, but I do like how each class is portrayed. The steeds section was pretty amusing (especially the green horses.)

Beyond that, I haven't played the game; but it looks like it does a good job of generating a Diablo-like MMO system with pretty fair effects.

Granted, apparently the YouTUBE population don't like it.

Oh, YouTUBE comments, how do I despise thee -- let me count the ways. :)

18. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    Feels like too long. You should try simply fastforwarding everything to compress it.

19. Vocal

Vocal サーベル 青 The Pit

Credit:
    Im no 1337 video designer but imo i think the color of the text on 2:05 and onward on the second video could of been better.But that just me.Tell your friend to kiu.:)

20. sayonara316

sayonara316 MMORPGer

Credit:
    I guess ragnarok online will be for me, since it was one of the oldest mmorpg ans still existing and ultima also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.