1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 15 posts. Once you have the 15 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What image/photo editing software do you use?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Heromanguy12, Sep 21, 2017.

1. Heromanguy12

Heromanguy12 Active Member Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    So what is your image/photo software that you use?

Only one that i use is Paint.NET and it is the only one that i can use somewhat well but i am by no means really good at using it considering that i am self taught and i don't use it all the time. I have also used Microsoft Paint (no surprise right?) few times when i wanted to do a quick image resize before i got myself Paint.NET.

2. Snowy

Snowy Royal Ogre Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    I primarily use Adobe Fireworks and Adobe Photoshop. Both software programs can accomplish similar tasks, but I have started using Photoshop more because there are a lot more features in Photoshop than in Fireworks. Fireworks does feel more lightweight than Photoshop though, so it'll do the job just fine for most things like cropping, removing simple backgrounds, adding layers, making GIFs, etc. Alternatively, GIMP is useful and is free, but because I have the creative suite version of both Photoshop and Fireworks, GIMP isn't necessary for me.

3. Mayonnaise

Mayonnaise Cold Heart Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I use the built-in program on my android phone. I don't want to install any other apps. And i also dont want some apps' access to my photos but thats inevitable (Thanks to p's correction xD). (But honestly most of the apps do it so :r ill just be sad and accept it)

Last edited: Sep 25, 2017
  4. Blasphemy

Blasphemy Royal Ogre Royal Ogre

Credit:
  5. p

p Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    How exactly are you supposed to edit images if the app you do the editing with doesn't have access to those images?

The one time I used an image editing software other than paint was when I downloaded GIMP to stick the gameogre logo on an image for the YT channel. I don't have much need for image manipulation.

6. StEvA

StEvA MOBA Mod Royal Ogre

Credit:
    The only software i use is Photoshop cs6, was thinking about downloading Adobe Illustrator.

7. Snowy

Snowy Royal Ogre Royal Ogre
    1. AdventureQuest 3D Heroes

Credit:
    Adobe Illustrator is not much of an image/photo-editing software; the software is mostly intended to create vector graphics and illustrations, which can be hard to fully comprehend unless you play with the software enough, like understanding how to create a Bézier path along with other lines and curves for an outline of a drawing.

Illustrator has similarities to Photoshop like being able to add gradients, visual effects, layers, and all sorts of other elements, but the major difference between the two software programs is that Illustrator is for vector graphics while Photoshop is primarily for bitmap/raster graphics. If you plan on creating a collage, movie poster, edited photograph, or almost any composition, etc., then you would be better off with Photoshop, but if you plan on creating illustrations like a comic, typographic design like your own font, Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) for the web (with XML for transitions and animations), or any other vector graphic-based illustration, then Illustrator is the best choice.

8. StEvA

StEvA MOBA Mod Royal Ogre

Credit:
    Will use both programs since im planning to do some of the projects, but im used to photoshop i guess it wouldn't be hard to get used to illustrator also.

9. Rex

Rex Naval Commando Royal Ogre

Credit:
    I use Lightshot to take screenshots, Paint.net to make the white background transparent and Photoshop just to add text or layer everything.

That's how I did my current signature, i took a screenshot of my character in the correct position and cut around my character then took out the white background. Took a screenshot of the old AQW intro once it reached a frame w/o text, opened photoshop and placed my character on the aqw intro background then added my own text. It looks a little weird but i get random ideas sometimes.

I'm not really good at using these programs either most of the stuff I just learn from youtube.

10. ZIFAna

ZIFAna Active Member Ogre Regular

Credit:
    I'm just using the Fotoscape and Gimp app.

Photoscape I use to combine the photos I've cut in Gimp.
    So after the photo has a transparent background, I change that background to taste in Photoscape.

Why did I edit in photoscape? it is because it is easy and can adjust the color to blend with the photos to be joined.

I'm not good at editing. But this app is easy to use for someone who does not really understand edits.
    :D