1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What is the Pros and Cons of your favorite MMO?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by mdjh, Sep 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mdjh

mdjh Little Spike

Credit:
    no game is perfect, for its traits it has some other to work on. Then talk about yours.

for me, it should be SOL---
    Shadow of Legend:
    Pros:
    1. A vast and splendid world that is well depicted
    2. Convenient teleport system facilitating travel across maps
    3. Imaginatively created and funny NPCs and monsters
    4. Several interweaving threads of quests help to tell the story
    5. Unique economic system including the diamond currency and Item Mall, Bank, Auction house and Traders, etc.
    6. Dazzling array of weapons and dresses
    7. Swift leveling in the initial period thanks to user-friendly interface and helpful instant message instructions
    8. All kinds a bonus and gift package rewarding effort
    9. Regular intriguing events like mushroom planting, turtle sunbathe and so on.
    10. Well-designed dungeon instances
    11. A multi-channel chat system for gamers over the world, camp mates, guild members and even for strangers happening to be at the same place
    12. A highly post system that could virtually match the real life one, which means you can deliver words, make a report, send and get presents, etc.
    13. A more and more powerful PvP system at all levels, camp, guild or individuals.
    14. 3 job shifts make it possible to diversify your career and gaming experience.
    15. A pupil-master system that is mutual beneficial
    16. A moral standard is addressed in the way of a reputation system
    17. A group of specialized crafting and manufacturing masters or advisors are always there to be helpful
    18. Responsive GMs on line and on the forum, ready to tackle any problems.
    19. A community that is basically friendly and civilized.
    20. Regular update every week, either for improvement or debugging

Cons;
    1. 2D game, though it’s going 2.5D days later
    2. Vaguely written background story which is not well referred to as the game goes on
    3. tend to be a little bit radical in adjustment
    4. not enough advertised and failure to protect from bias and attack
    5. As PvP aspiring game, there’s still some to be desired in this course
    6. GMs not always available 24 hours a day

2. nywlanas

nywlanas BamBam

Credit:
    i'm choosing atlantica online..

PROS
    *beginner-friendly: has features like the automove function and autobattle functions which will make it easier for the beginners to go around the game.
    *places involved in the game have a historical and mythical basis: hanging gardens of babylon, great wall of china, etc.
    *turn-based: one of the very first of its kind (or at least the first that i've played).
    *wide range of character classes: class a - class d. main classes include swordsmen, gunner, artillerymen, spearmen, shaman, and archers.
    *crafting
    *market system
    *stamina feature: a lot of people actually think this is a con. but i think its a pro because it gives importance to community duties which can help restore stamina.

CONS
    *autofunctions have licenses: they are to be used for a limited time after which, you have to buy a license at the market again.
    *graphics may not be excellent for people who care much about graphics. but it is satisfactory for people who care more about the gaming experience

3. strawberryking

strawberryking Ogre Newling

Credit:
    I'm playing HighStreet 5 now.

Some say that it is similar to Audition, but to each its own, I shan't compare.

Pros:

The main purpose of me playing the game is because it combines everything I like. Music, Fashion and Dance.

Everything is pretty simple. You go into the virtual world, enter the dance mode, then start dancing. When you've accumulated enough points, you get to buy more clothes, accessories etc to personalise your character. Sometimes, the game will give us free items such as angel wings, clothes, or other items that would be useful in tasks or events.

As gameplay progresses, you get to meet new people, and hang out at different zones. You can get married, join guilds, and engage in couple or group dance.

lastly, it is an extremely friendly environment, with a unique game culture. Unlike other games where players put each other down by calling them a noob, the players here are friendly and would gladly help you out if you've got a problem. I'd recommend this game to everyone who is interested in casual gaming.

Cons:

My only gripe is that it can get boring and is less challenging than other MMORPGs.

Do check out HighStreet 5 if you're looking for a casual, relaxing game to pass your time. Nothing to lose!

4. rtcwang

rtcwang BamBam

Credit:
    I am playing Mu Online

Pros
    *Easy to pick up and play without having to go through many tutorials
    *can quickly level up
    *defeated monsters drop more powerful weapons as you level up
    *Areas unlock as you progress and its easy to move from one area to another without having to spend a good deal time traveling

Cons
    *No map system, so you have to go by coordinates to track where you are
    *Dying- you get resurrected back in the nearest town, and if you are in a group, this really sucks when trying to find your way back to them
    *Game is very grindy, I could spend 30 minutes killing the same monsters over and
    over
    *No real story to speak of, and not really clear how you initiate quests or if there are quests that you can do

5. slessman

slessman Big Brute

Credit:
    Ryzom!

Pros.
    1. The game has a very easy leveling system
    2. Lush Scenery
    3. Vast playing areas with a wide diversity of creatures
    4. World is constantly evolving
    5. Missions in game are challenging
    6. PvP ability
    7. It is nice to be able to work in teams
    8. Players are often more mature
    9. A lot of Freedom
    10. High levels of customization
    11. Game operates very smoothly (I attribute this to the fewer number of players)

Cons.
    1. Not enough in-game music
    2. Not always a lot of players online at one time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.