1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

What was it like getting your wisdom teeth removed?

Discussion in 'Ogres Breakfast' started by Snowy, Jul 30, 2017.

How do you lessen the pain after having your wisdom teeth removed?

1. By sleeping a lot.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  2. Taking medications.

1 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Drinking plenty of water.

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    For me, it felt very unpleasant getting my wisdom teeth removed. I wasn't be able to eat the food I enjoyed for about 2 weeks which was about how long it took for me to recover, because biting felt uncomfortable, so I mostly ate soup and porridge. Everyday, I had to rinse my mouth with salt water and the taste of the salt water felt so terrible. It's not one of the best experiences to have, but it's nice to have the teeth removed so I don't have to experience long-term pain in the future. Also, I had a classmate who failed a school semester because of a wisdom tooth removal and the pain from the removal, so I wouldn't recommend getting your wisdom teeth removed during a school semester.

2. ugmsrocks09

ugmsrocks09 Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Warrior

Credit:
    Well, tomorrow morning is the day when I will be intoxicated with laughing gas. I'm just worried that things will turn out as plan. I want to know how it feels to get it pulled out, and after?
    Tomorrow I'll update what happened during surgery. Wish me luck :(

3. Snowy

Snowy Ogre Hall of Fame Royal Ogre
    1. Video Game Spotlight of the Month: SAND LAND
    2. Gaming Community

Credit:
    Tomorrow, you're getting your wisdom teeth removed? Must be coincidence that I made a thread on this topic two days before you're getting your wisdom teeth removed. I guess it's not so uncommon around this point in time.

Also, it's not so bad at first getting your wisdom teeth removed. It felt like time passed by rapidly when the doctor was removing my wisdom teeth while I was asleep. After getting the wisdom teeth removed, there was a bit of a tingling feeling, but the real pain was chewing on food. I would recommend eating soft food like soup, jell-o, and pudding until you build the habit of chewing. I guess the perception of pain will depend among different people.

ugmsrocks09 likes this.
  4. Rex

Rex Ogre Legend Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I still have my wisdom teeth, they've started to grow but I haven't felt any pain. The only reason I still have them is cause I had to pull out 4 teeth in Grade 5 when I got braces so there might be just enough room for them to squeak in.

5. Qsljic

Qsljic Ogre Prince The Pit

Credit:
    I don't have any problems with my wisdom teeth so i guess i don't need to remove them.

6. RavenJames

RavenJames Big Brute New Ogre

Credit:
    i still have it, so, no idea :/

7. Izraphel

Izraphel Ogre Extraordinaire Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    I dont have problems with my wisdom teeth yet either so havent really removed any of them..

8. subeJ

subeJ The Perfect Recipe Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Havent tried having them removed. :)

9. Amethystlock

Amethystlock Elite Ogre Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    i've never had my wisdom teeth removed only baby teeth, dentist has said my teeth are in perfect condition, since i lost my baby teeth

10. Aaddron

Aaddron Moderator Staff Member GameOgre Moderator

Credit:
    It wasn't a great time. Had two removed. Honestly the procedure itself was way easier than I thought it would be, pretty much completely painless, just mildly uncomfortable... was also very quick. He got one out so quick I questioned if he even removed both lol. Recovery though... that was not great, one had basically no pain but the other was more complicated and took a few weeks to fully heal. Eating was the hardest part, it's just so awkward an painful until it heals up. Overall wasn't as bad as I expected but yea not great either.