1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. To chat with the GameOgre community, you need to have at least 100 posts. Once you have the 100 posts, post at Become A New Ogre
    Dismiss Notice

Which console is the best for 2011?

Discussion in 'MMORPG' started by Drama, Jan 19, 2011.

Which console is the best or 2011!?

1. Xbox360

17 vote(s)
    47.2%
  2. PS3

23 vote(s)
    63.9%
  3. Wii

7 vote(s)
    19.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    You mean the NGP (though this is only a working title)? It does look pretty nice, and the addition of the second joystick will be a boon to everyone.

The 3DS is also looking cool, with a joystick (at last!), but I'm afraid the 3D will cause people to get sick...

I voted for the Wii, since I knew that wouldn't get many votes, and the underdog is always the cool one :p

Personally, if you had the choice between PS3 and the Xbox 360, most people would just go for the one their friends played on, and that'd be that.

2. Lions

Lions Clubbed for Drama

Credit:
    I agree, PS3 and 360 are both great consoles, and to be honest I think they're really about the same. Don't bring up the fact that XBL costs money, for one it is better than PS3 network plus if you can't afford $50 a year you shouldn't be buying video games as that is dead cheap, especially compared to WoW. And PS3 has its perks too. I just prefer 360 because most of my friends have it, if most of my friends had PS3 then I would have bought that instead.

And the 3DS looks cool but I won't be able to afford it. :(

3. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    The price restriction is only a restriction I think if you have strict parents who don't want to spend too much money on your games. After all, any kind of regular fee always sounds bad to a parent, but they may think that with games, only a few will be bought, and that will be that ;).

There are many tiny little perks and downsides to either console, but, end of the day, it's what your friends have that counts if you want to play online.

If you can't decide between which one, you're better off browsing the internet for the actual tiny perks and downsides of each console, than asking actual people, since no-one can be bothered to list them all. You will want to look for games exclusive to either console (whether you want those), and their system specs.

4. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    The Wii lost any advantage it had when Kinect came out. The 3DS on the other hand looks awesome:D

5. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Well, the Wii still has loads of great games, since it's been out for longer, while Kinect barely has any. Move has Heavy Rain, LittleBigPlanet 2, and Killzone 3, so it's got some good games too, but Wii still has loads, including Mario Galaxy series, Zelda Twilight Princess, Okami, No More Heroes series, Madworld, Metroid Other M, Pikmin series, Sin and Punishment, Super Paper Mario, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and that's all I can think of, but it's a longer list, basically.

So until Kinect gets a really special game, Wii still holds the advantage. I've got a PS3 though, so I'm biased towards Move over Wii.

6. Webber

Webber Ogre King Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Which is better between Move and Kinect then?

7. awesomedrako

awesomedrako Clubbed

Credit:
    Hard to say now, they're both so new. I'd say Move right now, but if Kinect gets better games, then Kinect could easily take the lead since the technology is so revolutionary.

8. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    MM 3DS needs to be the same as any other DS version really =/.

I dont see what the major "improvement" is going to be o.0

PSP2 on the other hand i like the look of :D

you can tap the bottom or if for jumping i guess o.0

http://www.gameogre.com/forums/mmorpg-videos/15719-sony-playstation-portable-psp2-ngp-gameplay-trailer.html#post197659

I like the fact that it means I can use 2 thumbsticks because that means i can hack the PSP2 and play games that NEED a thumbstick for the ps1 or ps2 :D!

Like the game Ape Escape.....omfg i loved that game so much >.> I played it like 5 times straight through when i was little XD

9. Noche

Noche Don't feed the troll! Ogre Veteran

Credit:
    Both the 3DS and PSP2 have some awesome stuff going on. I love the way Nintendo executed the 3D without glasses, but all of the new PSP innovations will probably make it into a better system overall.

10. jomarcenter

jomarcenter Big Brute

Credit:
    mostly i like to have 3ds

11. Drama

Drama Clubbed with The Big Club

Credit:
    3DS has basically been reported to give many people headaches if you use the 3D setting.

If you don't use that it is basically a DSi. The DSi also has a bigger screen than the 3DS. The 3DS is somehow bigger in size than the DSi though.

12. Josephp3

Josephp3 Club Swinger

Credit:
  13. superfruit

superfruit Big Brute

Credit:
    This is a hard one for me.....

14. superfruit

superfruit Big Brute

Credit:
    Lots of people love xbox360 and ps3...

15. JaredOzzy